Realtime (graph), v0.33

Announcements concerning Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

tomrt

Re: Realtime (graph), v0.33

Post by tomrt »

Yes I were in 0.8.6 before recent upgrade. I tried to install Realtime just after upgrading to 0.8.7g.

Where do I find and change the $config['base_path'] ?

Thanks.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Try the current svn:

cacti_plugins/realtime/trunk

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
tomrt

Post by tomrt »

Hi,

Sorry, i novice, I don't understand what "svn" means, and I dont find any thing like "cacti_plugins/realtime/trunk" on my server.

Thanks.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Try this in your Firefox browser.

http://svn.cacti.net/viewvc/realtime/tr ... ot=Plugins

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
tomrt

Post by tomrt »

Thank you TheWitness !

Now it works !
macdaddy

Post by macdaddy »

Help! I must be going crazy. I can't seem to get the permissions right for the cache directory. It can't be this hard...

This is a brand new 0.8.7h install with PHP 5.3.2 and I'm using Spine. Cacti is installed to /www/noc/html/cacti-0.8.7h and symlinked to cacti/ (for in-place upgrades). $url_path is set to /cacti/. I have Realtime 0.43-1 in my plugins. The plugin is enabled via Plugin Management. I've set the path to the cache directory via Misc/Settings which is /www/noc/html/cacti/plugins/realtime/cache. The Settings page is happy with that. Owner/group on the cache directory is apache which is what httpd is running at on this new CentOS box. Permissions are 777 just for grins. All of /www/noc/html/cacti is owned by root.root except for rra, logs and the contents of both which are cacti.cacti and this cache directory which is apache.apache. I've downloaded all the latest Realtime files from SVN too just to see if maybe it was a now fixed but in 0.43-1.

What in the world could I be missing? I've had Realtime working on other installs before and I don't recall having this much trouble.

On a possibly related note, I'm having trouble with images for plugins not loading such as with AutoM8, Monitor, THold, Weathermap. I thought url_path was the issue and set it (I hadn't up to that point) and that didn't resolve their issue. Could be related so I'm mentioning it. Might not be though.

Thanks
macdaddy

Post by macdaddy »

Eureka! It appears that SELinux was hosing me. I hadn't turned that PITA off yet. It's off now and Realtime is working better but still not working right. I'm now getting a broken image in the popup window (with or without AJAX). Pulling the image location I see the problem but I don't know what's causing it.

http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/cacti/plugins/re ... 1318693746

/cacti/plugins/realtime/plugins/realtime/graph_image_rt.php is not a valid path. Specifically the second set of "plugins/realtime/" should not be there. The Apache log concurs (though truncated a bit):

[Sat Oct 15 11:05:06 2011] [error] [client 1.2.3.4] File does not exist: /www/noc/html/cacti/plugins/realtime/plugins, referer: http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/cacti/plugins/re ... h_id=12976

I'm searching the archives for possible solutions. I see lots of reports of broken images but none of them match my duplicate path problem yet.
macdaddy

Post by macdaddy »

I figured the last of the problems out. I wasn't defining $url_path correctly. I don't have access to my past installs so I was Googling for the correct syntax. Somewhere I came up with:

$config['url_path'] = "/cacti/";

No idea where I found that. Switching to this fixed everything:

$url_path="/cacti/";

Now Realtime images are loading with the correct image URLs and all the images are loading in all the other plugins. All is well in the world of Cacti this morning! :D
Dahab

Post by Dahab »

Have a nice day to All,
I am a beginner in RedHat issues, and I followed your posts, I had the same problem in viewing the real time graph into cacti (writable permissions), after some troubleshooting i changed the ownership of rra directory (in my conf its in /var/lib/cacti/) to apache user and group, then I had configured the cache directory from settings->Misc, to point to rra directory. and its working successfully.
I hope that will help somehow. cheers
felipe57

Post by felipe57 »

The Witness,

Please:

sh: DS:traffic_out:COUNTER:600:0:: command not found
sh: query_ifSpeed: command not found
sh: query_ifSpeed: command not found
sh: RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:600: command not found
ERROR: opening '/r/realtime_25_5.rrd': Arquivo ou diretório não encontrado
Edocsyl

Post by Edocsyl »

Für alle deutschsprachigen Cacti User die probleme mit der Installation von realtime haben, ich hab einen kleinen Guide zur installation von realtime erstellt.

http://www.episch.ch/linux/cacti-realti ... tallation/

Ich hoffe es hilft einigen weiter. :)