GPS Maps for Cacti

Announcements concerning Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

semakka

Re: GPS Maps for Cacti

Post by semakka »

there is one other thing. It appears that gps plugin has something to do with graph creation on cacti 0.8.8a. if enabled some won't update, if disabled... all fine.
i'll do some more testing but I thought I let you know...
semakka

Post by semakka »

semakka wrote:there is one other thing. It appears that gps plugin has something to do with graph creation on cacti 0.8.8a. if enabled some won't update, if disabled... all fine.
i'll do some more testing but I thought I let you know...
forgot... pooler spine @ one minute
geskorup

Post by geskorup »

What would make this even coolerer is the ability to visualize not only host up/down status, but thresholds as well. Another idea too is links, kinda like the Weathermap, but for more than just traffic. Like link errors, signal level for wireless links, etc. that also incorporates thresholds. My idea is to change the color of the link (or line) to show various stats like the link is at max traffic capacity, signal level is low, or even just that the RF link is down. I guess that could actually all be accomplished with Thold, so we'd just need GPSMaps to interpret the breached thresholds. The wireless coverage thing is cool, but I find it's too cluttered with a large network.
mcecilia

Post by mcecilia »

Hello Sirs,
I have installed cactiez 0.6, that comes with cacti 0.8.7c.
Then I have copied GPSMAP, changed all permisions in GPSMAP folder to 777 apache, then installed, then configured the API key, and then I have tried to see if a host appears on the map.
I see the map, and I see that there are XML files in the XML folder for the IP ranges I have, but no icon appears on the map. I have tried with IE8 and IE9.
Any help?
I have seen this in the script:
var Blue = new GIcon();
Blue.image = 'http://10.3.36.204plugins/gpsmap/images/icons/Blue.png';
Blue.iconSize = new GSize(12, 20);
Blue.shadowSize = new GSize(22, 20);
Blue.iconAnchor = new GPoint(6, 20);
Blue.infoWindowAnchor = new GPoint(5, 1);
It seems that a backslash is missing
Thanks
mcecilia

Post by mcecilia »

Hello,
It seems I solved myself.
It is a missing "\" in /include/icons.php
Good luck
spiffydudex
Cacti User

Post by spiffydudex »

As it seems, support for version 2 of the Google Maps API is set to be removed as of May 2013. I will start working on converting the code to Maps API version 3.

I have some time, but not much, so I hope to have a new version out by December. With all of previous code changes this should be significantly easier.

There are still some lingering bugs with the APIv2 implementation, especially zooming in on the map with an overlay. With APIv3 it seems to have cleared up significantly. I will release a small update with some minor installation bug fixes, but don't expect an overhaul until December.
agalindo

Post by agalindo »

Install went OK, settings seem to be OK no errors but when I got to the GPSMap tab I get this:

Warning: file_get_contents(./plugins/gpsmap/XML/all-top.html) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/www/htdocs/cacti/plugins/gpsmap/gpsmap.php on line 20

There is nothing in the XML folder. Have I missed a setting. I also checked the database and there only one table that's been created gpsmap_templates. Any suggestions? Permissions on the folder are set to rwx. Logs aren't showing any errors.
spiffydudex
Cacti User

Post by spiffydudex »

agalindo wrote:Install went OK, settings seem to be OK no errors but when I got to the GPSMap tab I get this:

Warning: file_get_contents(./plugins/gpsmap/XML/all-top.html) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/www/htdocs/cacti/plugins/gpsmap/gpsmap.php on line 20

There is nothing in the XML folder. Have I missed a setting. I also checked the database and there only one table that's been created gpsmap_templates. Any suggestions? Permissions on the folder are set to rwx. Logs aren't showing any errors.
It should update once the poller has run. Also make sure you have at least 1 device setup with coordinates. If its been 5 minutes(or however long you have the poller set to), double check the permissions.
agalindo

Post by agalindo »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I made sure to add data to one of the devices and double checked the permissions. I even gave all folders in the Plugins and gpsmap and all it's subfolders drwxrwxrwx permissions but no go. XML folder still empty. Poller log isn't showing any errors. I'll keep looking. Thanks again.

Should there be a entry for GPSMAP in the cacti database poller_item table?
Last edited by agalindo on Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spiffydudex
Cacti User

Post by spiffydudex »

agalindo wrote:Thanks for the quick reply.

I made sure to add data to one of the devices and double checked the permissions. I even gave all folders in the Plugins and gpsmap and all it's subfolders drwxrwxrwx permissions but no go. XML folder still empty. Poller log isn't showing any errors. I'll keep looking. Thanks again.
The permissions should be whatever user you used for the cronjob. root:root or www-data:www-data or apache:apache etc... I've had hit/miss luck with setting 777
Last edited by spiffydudex on Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agalindo

Post by agalindo »

spiffydudex wrote:

The permissions should be whatever user you used for the cronjob. root:root or www-data:www-data or apache:apache etc...
Thanks I'll look at them again. Cron should be running as root.

Should there be a entry for GPSMAP in the cacti database poller_item table or any other table?
spiffydudex
Cacti User

Post by spiffydudex »

agalindo wrote:
spiffydudex wrote:

The permissions should be whatever user you used for the cronjob. root:root or www-data:www-data or apache:apache etc...
Thanks I'll look at them again. Cron should be running as root.

Should there be a entry for GPSMAP in the cacti database poller_item table or any other table?
I can't remember off the top of my head, I'd have to look at it when I get home
Frothingdog

Post by Frothingdog »

Trying to get GPSmap working.

The map is displaying but my pins are not.
Ideas?

Server Running CentOS 6.3
0.8.7i
Cacti OS unix
SNMP Version NET-SNMP version: 5.5
RRDTool Version RRDTool 1.3.x
Hosts 51
Graphs 372
Data Sources Script/Command: 7
SNMP: 31
SNMP Query: 342
Script Query: 4
Script Query - Script Server: 6
Total: 390
Poller Information
Interval 300
Type SPINE 0.8.7i Copyright 2002-2011 by The Cacti Group
Items Action[0]: 915
Action[1]: 15
Action[2]: 9
Total: 939
Concurrent Processes 10
Max Threads 10
PHP Servers 5
Script Timeout 20
Max OID 25
Last Run Statistics Time:2.9779 Method:spine Processes:10 Threads:10 Hosts:52 HostsPerProcess:6 DataSources:939 RRDsProcessed:390
PHP Information
PHP Version 5.3.3
PHP OS Linux
PHP uname Linux 2.6.32-279.9.1.el6.i686 #1 SMP Tue Sep 25 20:26:47 UTC 2012 i686
PHP SNMP Installed
max_execution_time 30
memory_limit 256M
Frothingdog

Post by Frothingdog »

Ok got it working. Had to do this:
chgrp apache XML
chmod g+w XML

Everything works GREAT in Firefox...but IE9..EEK!...bad times. Freezes the browser as soon as you click on the GPSmap tab in cacti.

Google Chrome Version '22.0.1229.94 m' seems to work as well

Anyone else have this problem?
spiffydudex
Cacti User

Post by spiffydudex »

Frothingdog wrote:Ok got it working. Had to do this:
chgrp apache XML
chmod g+w XML

Everything works GREAT in Firefox...but IE9..EEK!...bad times. Freezes the browser as soon as you click on the GPSmap tab in cacti.

Google Chrome Version '22.0.1229.94 m' seems to work as well

Anyone else have this problem?

I have tried and tried to get IE working. It is very hit/miss from computer to computer. I eventually just gave up on getting compatibility working, as it would report phantom errors in the javascript. From what it looks like, the Google API V3 has more stability with IE...or so I hear.