Stacking data sources onto a single graph...

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

DevilSun
Cacti User

Stacking data sources onto a single graph...

Post by DevilSun »

I have created a few 2 and 4 CPU graphs for a few of my servers...they work ok, but I'd like to make them nicer on the eyes, like these gradients graphs found here. I believe I can do that with ease, but the problem I'm having is the stacking in general.

What would be the best way to add 4 CPU data sources to a single graph, stack them, but still have the graph only show 100%. The 100% would actually represent 400% for instance, just condensing it down to 1/4. How would I do this, and is it even possible?

Would it just be best to graph them all normally and let the max for the graph be 400%?

Basically what I'm after is to see the CPUs load % at any point in time stacked on top of each but only representing a total of 100% load, which in all actuallity would be representative of like a 400% load if on a 4 CPU system.

Anyone done this or have suggestions?
DevilSun
Cacti User

Post by DevilSun »

I thought I kind of had it working, at least on the current day, but the history, especially the year looks like someone tweaked out, there's like shadow lines all over it. I'll see if I can get a screenshot to show you what I mean.

I would assume you could just divide each data source using a CDEF by the number of hosts you're aggregating, but is this oging to be accurate looking at past data?
frippe

Post by frippe »

You mean something like this? I know its a 2 cpu graph but still.
Attachments
graph_image.png
graph_image.png (3.41 KiB) Viewed 4342 times
DevilSun
Cacti User

Post by DevilSun »

Yeah, being "layered" (i.e. not stacked), makes it hard to see what each CPU did, especially on 4 and 8 cpu servers. I take it you have each data source value / 2 so that each CPU represents 50% of the total 100%?

How did you do it, did you do it via a CDEF or is there a way you can do it via the graph template properties or what?
frippe

Post by frippe »

Yes, I did it with the help of a cdef. See pictures.
Attachments
item.jpg
item.jpg (116.17 KiB) Viewed 4296 times
template.jpg
template.jpg (198.15 KiB) Viewed 4296 times
cdef.jpg
cdef.jpg (57.81 KiB) Viewed 4297 times
synter

Post by synter »

How would I go about doing this for a small portion of my network which has 8 cisco 3500xl's (48 ports each, +2gbics).

Do i have to manually grab every single interface and plot it? I just want the summation of total data passed per switch on a graph.