iPhone client

Addons for Cacti and discussion about those addons

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

vbali

Re: iPhone client

Post by vbali »

We are happy to announce the new major release of iCacti.

• Application core has been completely rewritten.
• User interface has been redesigned.
• Added thumbnail view of activity graphs.
• Improved performance in handling of activity graphs and remote connections.
• Added new navigation interface.
• Fixed issues with authentication.
• Fixed issues when the application returns from background.

For more information about iCacti, please visit our website: http://webin-apps.com/apps/icacti
Attachments
iCacti 3.0 Screenshot
iCacti 3.0 Screenshot
icacti_screenshot_01.png (197.23 KiB) Viewed 7365 times
Diggit2001
Cacti User

Post by Diggit2001 »

I was very excited to see this since I was never able to get this app to work. After updating, set up my instance and when I went to launch it, I got the following, "Parsing Error. Couldn't find the tree view on the remote server. Make sure that you specified the correct URL and the "Default Tree View Mode" is "Dual Pane" on the Cacti graph view settings." I found that setting on my user account and confirmed that it was indeed set to Dual Pane. Is there something else I can try to get this to work?

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to getting this to work since it looks pretty cool.
-Chris
vbali

Post by vbali »

If it's possible can you please send us the HTML source of the treeview main page (http://yourserver/cacti/graph_view.php) to info@webin.hu. iCacti would parse the tree view from this page and maybe there is something different than in our development and test environment. Thanks, we are waiting for your response!
Diggit2001 wrote:I was very excited to see this since I was never able to get this app to work. After updating, set up my instance and when I went to launch it, I got the following, "Parsing Error. Couldn't find the tree view on the remote server. Make sure that you specified the correct URL and the "Default Tree View Mode" is "Dual Pane" on the Cacti graph view settings." I found that setting on my user account and confirmed that it was indeed set to Dual Pane. Is there something else I can try to get this to work?

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to getting this to work since it looks pretty cool.
-Chris
vbali

Post by vbali »

Chris thanks for your cooperation, the problem has been solved!
Diggit2001
Cacti User

Post by Diggit2001 »

Thanks for your help. I'm really loving the app. Nice job!
Nschlutter

Post by Nschlutter »

Greetings! I just updated to the latest release and am receiving the same "parsing error" as several others here. Any thoughts on where I can start troubleshooting?

I'm running Cacti 0.8.7e under Apache 2.2.9 on Fedora Core 9.

Let me know what other information you may need.

Thanks!
Diggit2001
Cacti User

Post by Diggit2001 »

If you're running the "Cacti Mobile" plugin, you'll need to disable it. That worked for me.
Nschlutter

Post by Nschlutter »

Hmm...I don't have the "Cacti Mobile" plugin installed or active.
Diggit2001 wrote:If you're running the "Cacti Mobile" plugin, you'll need to disable it. That worked for me.
Diggit2001
Cacti User

Post by Diggit2001 »

Then I'm out of ideas. :lol:
Sorry.
vbali

Post by vbali »

We've just released iCacti 3.1.2 in the App Store. We've added support to LDAP authentication and fixed several connection issues. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
mbalas

Post by mbalas »

Hello , i have already upgrade the icacti to the newest version and recently upgraded the cacti to the 0.8.8a but since then i cannot see any graph from this instance.
I try to connect on the url http://myserverip/cacti but i take request timeout error , from my desktop pc i can see the same server without errors and my iphone connected on the same Lan.
I have already check the graph settings from my user " admin" and is in Dual pane the Default Tree View Mode.
Any ideas please?
vbali

Post by vbali »

Can you please drop us an email to support@webin-apps.com? We would like to help you to discover what could be the problem.
mbalas wrote:Hello , i have already upgrade the icacti to the newest version and recently upgraded the cacti to the 0.8.8a but since then i cannot see any graph from this instance.
I try to connect on the url http://myserverip/cacti but i take request timeout error , from my desktop pc i can see the same server without errors and my iphone connected on the same Lan.
I have already check the graph settings from my user " admin" and is in Dual pane the Default Tree View Mode.
Any ideas please?
JohnYYC
Cacti User

Post by JohnYYC »

Love the recent update to the app.

When connecting to any of my cacti machines using the app I am now getting the following error in the clog. It doesn't seem to be causing any issues to the actual servers. Just wanted to be sure it was reported to the developer.
Attachments
Screen shot 2012-06-09 at 3.42.08 PM.png
Screen shot 2012-06-09 at 3.42.08 PM.png (72.29 KiB) Viewed 6913 times
vbali

Post by vbali »

JohnYYC wrote:Love the recent update to the app.

When connecting to any of my cacti machines using the app I am now getting the following error in the clog. It doesn't seem to be causing any issues to the actual servers. Just wanted to be sure it was reported to the developer.
We've discovered the roots of the symptom and it's caused by the double login attempt by the client. It'll be fixed soon, fortunately it doesn't affect the proper working of the application. Thanks for your report.
bastiancontrario

Post by bastiancontrario »

Why spend money for an open-source solution?
I've written a cacti client in php for iphone, android and the others smartphones FOR FREE, you can download the client here https://sourceforge.net/projects/cactiphone/ it's free and open-source.
I accept any type of collaborations, help or whatever. If you want to improve the code you're welcome!!!