show older data on weathermap?

Support questions about the Network Weather Map plugin

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

trogs

show older data on weathermap?

Post by trogs »

Hi, bit of a strange question, probably one for Howie :)

Is it possible to get weathermap to pull an older data segment from the rrd file rather than the current time - at the moment the server I have doing my weathermap gets the rrd files rsynced periodically, sometimes these end up being more than 5min old by the time weathermap is run, so the link lines end up being black? So if I could show data which is 10min old, or whatever the most recent entry is, it'd probably be preferable to showing a black graph.

This is the warning I get when the file is a bit old -
WARNING: ../weathermap/configs/test: ReadData: LINK a-b, target: /var/lib/cricket/test/ethernet0.rrd:ds0:ds1 on config line 85 of ../weathermap/configs/test had no valid data, according to WeatherMapDataSource_rrd
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Re: show older data on weathermap?

Post by Howie »

http://www.network-weathermap.com/manua ... s.html#rrd

"By default, the plugin will read the last 800 seconds of data, and find the most recent within that to use. You might need to make it read back further, if you are updating your rrd files slowly. You can do this with the SET command, by adding 'SET rrd_period 3000' (any value in seconds) at the top of your map config file, before any NODE or LINK lines."
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)
trogs

Re: show older data on weathermap?

Post by trogs »

Thanks Howie :)
Totally missed that !