Cisco BGP graph

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

churchi

Post by churchi »

hey guys,

thank you for creating this graph, it should be useful in our BGP environments as well.

i have been running this graph for a few hours now and all i seem to get is 0's on the graph. it looks like its trying to graph something (not getting NAN) so i think its polling just not graphing it properly.

has any one had this before?

(Please see the attached Pic)
Attachments
BGB Updates-pic1.JPG
BGB Updates-pic1.JPG (26.95 KiB) Viewed 14287 times
riffe

No BGP Graph

Post by riffe »

Hi, I'm a newbie in Cacti and I'm having a problem on the Cisco BGP Template. It seems that there are no graphs created. I already copied the cisco_bgp.xml at the resource/snmp_queries dir. I'm using cacti-0.8.6j version.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
cisco-bgp.PNG
cisco-bgp.PNG (5.92 KiB) Viewed 14265 times
xmen

BGP graphs not created

Post by xmen »

I met the sam problem as riffe, no graphs been created.
Any one could help?

Thanks.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

What's the status of that host in the Device list?
Reinhard
xmen

Post by xmen »

gandalf wrote:What's the status of that host in the Device list?
Reinhard
Device should be ok, because traffice graphs is normally.
Attachments
my cacti version.
my cacti version.
1.JPG (49.61 KiB) Viewed 14130 times
data query seems normal.
data query seems normal.
2.JPG (42.43 KiB) Viewed 14130 times
no graphs been created.
no graphs been created.
3.JPG (47.45 KiB) Viewed 14130 times
redrobish

Post by redrobish »

I got the same problem w/ riffe and xmen.
My graph don't display...can anyone help?
myha

Post by myha »

Hi,

same here, I guess it thinks that the host is down:

Admin Status(1-down,2-up)
All peers have status 1.... :(

Version 0.8.6h

br, Miha
horke

Post by horke »

Go to

Templates -> Graph Templates
select "CISCO BGP Updates"
select "Unit Grid Value" and type in the value of "0"

If you create Graphs - also put in the Value of "0" if you are asked for the Grid Value again.

Then your Graphs should work. Otherwise debug you Graph and see what rrdtool shows as an error.
jkukis

Post by jkukis »

I imported the data query xml file and it is able to find it, imported the graph template, and the data template.
It shows my two AS numbers when I view the 'create graphs for this host' page.
I select both AS's and click the "Create" button at the bottom and it comes back with this:

Code: Select all

+ Created graph:
+ Created graph: 
(Notice Blank graph names) I can't find the graphs anywhere.

Found this in the logs:

Code: Select all

10/24/2007 04:40:07 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "select snmp_query_graph_rrd.snmp_field_name, data_template_rrd.id as data_template_rrd_id from (snmp_query_graph_rrd,data_template_rrd) where snmp_query_graph_rrd.data_template_rrd_id=data_template_rrd.local_data_template_rrd_id and snmp_query_graph_rrd.snmp_query_graph_id= and snmp_query_graph_rrd.data_template_id=104 and data_template_rrd.local_data_id=18551"
10/24/2007 04:40:07 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "select snmp_query_graph_rrd.snmp_field_name, data_template_rrd.id as data_template_rrd_id from (snmp_query_graph_rrd,data_template_rrd) where snmp_query_graph_rrd.data_template_rrd_id=data_template_rrd.local_data_template_rrd_id and snmp_query_graph_rrd.snmp_query_graph_id= and snmp_query_graph_rrd.data_template_id=104 and data_template_rrd.local_data_id=18550"
10/24/2007 04:40:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "select data_input_fields.type_code, data_input_data.value from (data_input_fields,data_input_data) where data_input_fields.id=data_input_data.data_input_field_id and data_input_data.data_template_data_id= and (data_input_fields.type_code='index_type' or data_input_fields.type_code='index_value' or data_input_fields.type_code='output_type')"
10/24/2007 04:40:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "select graph_templates_item.id, data_template_rrd.id as data_template_rrd_id, data_template_rrd.data_template_id from (graph_templates_item,data_template_rrd) where graph_templates_item.task_item_id=data_template_rrd.id and graph_templates_item.graph_template_id= and local_graph_id=0 and task_item_id>0"
10/24/2007 04:40:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "select data_template.id, data_template.name, data_template_rrd.data_source_name from (data_template, data_template_rrd, graph_templates_item) where graph_templates_item.task_item_id=data_template_rrd.id and data_template_rrd.data_template_id=data_template.id and data_template_rrd.local_data_id=0 and graph_templates_item.local_graph_id=0 and graph_templates_item.graph_template_id= group by data_template.id order by data_template.name"
10/24/2007 04:40:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "select text,field_name from snmp_query_graph_sv where snmp_query_graph_id= order by sequence"
10/24/2007 04:40:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "select graph_template_input.column_name, graph_template_input_defs.graph_template_item_id from (graph_template_input,graph_template_input_defs) where graph_template_input.id=graph_template_input_defs.graph_template_input_id and graph_template_input.graph_template_id="
10/24/2007 04:40:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "select * from graph_templates_item where local_graph_id=0 and graph_template_id= order by sequence"
10/24/2007 04:40:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Row Failed "select * from graph_templates_graph where local_graph_id=0 and graph_template_id="
10/24/2007 04:40:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Exec Failed "update graph_local set graph_template_id= where id=18178"
10/24/2007 04:40:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "select data_input_fields.type_code, data_input_data.value from (data_input_fields,data_input_data) where data_input_fields.id=data_input_data.data_input_field_id and data_input_data.data_template_data_id= and (data_input_fields.type_code='index_type' or data_input_fields.type_code='index_value' or data_input_fields.type_code='output_type')"
10/24/2007 04:40:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "select graph_templates_item.id, data_template_rrd.id as data_template_rrd_id, data_template_rrd.data_template_id from (graph_templates_item,data_template_rrd) where graph_templates_item.task_item_id=data_template_rrd.id and graph_templates_item.graph_template_id= and local_graph_id=0 and task_item_id>0"
10/24/2007 04:40:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "select data_template.id, data_template.name, data_template_rrd.data_source_name from (data_template, data_template_rrd, graph_templates_item) where graph_templates_item.task_item_id=data_template_rrd.id and data_template_rrd.data_template_id=data_template.id and data_template_rrd.local_data_id=0 and graph_templates_item.local_graph_id=0 and graph_templates_item.graph_template_id= group by data_template.id order by data_template.name"
10/24/2007 04:40:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "select text,field_name from snmp_query_graph_sv where snmp_query_graph_id= order by sequence"
10/24/2007 04:40:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "select graph_template_input.column_name, graph_template_input_defs.graph_template_item_id from (graph_template_input,graph_template_input_defs) where graph_template_input.id=graph_template_input_defs.graph_template_input_id and graph_template_input.graph_template_id="
10/24/2007 04:40:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "select * from graph_templates_item where local_graph_id=0 and graph_template_id= order by sequence"
10/24/2007 04:40:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Row Failed "select * from graph_templates_graph where local_graph_id=0 and graph_template_id="
10/24/2007 04:40:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Exec Failed "update graph_local set graph_template_id= where id=18177"
10/24/2007 04:40:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Cell Failed "select graph_template_id from snmp_query_graph where id="
10/24/2007 04:40:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "select * from graph_template_input where graph_template_id= order by column_name,name"
10/24/2007 04:40:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Row Failed "select * from graph_templates_graph where graph_template_id= and local_graph_id=0"
10/24/2007 04:40:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Cell Failed "select name from graph_templates where id="
10/24/2007 04:40:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Row Failed "select graph_templates.name as graph_template_name, graph_templates_graph.* from (graph_templates, graph_templates_graph) where graph_templates.id=graph_templates_graph.graph_template_id and graph_templates.id= and graph_templates_graph.local_graph_id=0"
10/24/2007 04:40:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "select data_template.name as data_template_name, data_template_rrd.data_source_name, data_template_data.* from (data_template, data_template_rrd, data_template_data, graph_templates_item) where graph_templates_item.task_item_id=data_template_rrd.id and data_template_rrd.data_template_id=data_template.id and data_template_data.data_template_id=data_template.id and data_template_rrd.local_data_id=0 and data_template_data.local_data_id=0 and graph_templates_item.local_graph_id=0 and graph_templates_item.graph_template_id= group by data_template.id order by data_template.name"
10/24/2007 04:40:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Cell Failed "select graph_template_id from snmp_query_graph where id="
gentleman75012

Cisco BGP Graph

Post by gentleman75012 »

Hello,

I am using last Cacti version : 0.8.7d. I would like to monitor BGP graph. Unfortunately, I tried template from "skoal" but nothing is happening. I mean, my data query name "CiscoBGP "is well integrated on my directory and the result is "Success [0 Items, 0 Rows]"

The result of Data Query Information is :
+ Running data query [16].
+ Found type = '3' [snmp query].
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/cacti-0.8.7d/resource/snmp_queries/cisco_bgp.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Executing SNMP walk for list of indexes @ '.1.3.6.1.2.1.15.3.1.7'
+ No SNMP data returned
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/cacti-0.8.7d/resource/snmp_queries/cisco_bgp.xml'

Somebody can help me please ?
Attachments
Here is the result
Here is the result
BGP Result.JPG (14.86 KiB) Viewed 10209 times
Download-Free-Photos

Cisco BGP graph

Post by Download-Free-Photos »

I got the same problem, my graph didn't display.

I did like horke wrote:
Templates -> Graph Templates
select "CISCO BGP Updates"
select "Unit Grid Value" and type in the value of "0"
All my graphs appear suddenly.

Many thanks!
[url=http://www.download-free-photos.com]Get free high resolution digital pictures for all your needs[/url].
DI2ACULA

template error

Post by DI2ACULA »

Hi everyone,

I import and create graphs for each peer but rrd could not draw bgp update graph.I already change unit grid 1 to 0.Any ideas?

RRDTool Command:

/usr/bin/rrdtool graph - \
--imgformat=PNG \
--start=-86400 \
--end=-300 \
--title="nw_rt_mx96_01_re0.34estp - bgpPeerIdentifier" \
--base=1000 \
--height=120 \
--width=500 \
--alt-autoscale-max \
--lower-limit=0 \
--units-exponent=1 \
--vertical-label="" \
--slope-mode \
--font TITLE:10: \
--font AXIS:6: \
--font LEGEND:8: \
--font UNIT:6: \
DEF:a="/var/lib/cacti/rra/nw_rt_mx96_01_re0_34estp_bgppeerouttotalmsg_7873.rrd":bgpPeerInUpdates:AVERAGE \
DEF:b="/var/lib/cacti/rra/nw_rt_mx96_01_re0_34estp_bgppeerouttotalmsg_7873.rrd":bgpPeerOutUpdates:AVERAGE \
CDEF:cdefa=a,300,* \
CDEF:cdefh=b,300,* \
LINE2:cdefa#3D168BFF:"In updates" \
GPRINT:cdefa:LAST:" Current\:%8.0lf" \
GPRINT:cdefa:LAST:"Current\:%8.0lf" \
GPRINT:cdefa:MIN:"Min\:%8.0lf" \
GPRINT:cdefa:MIN:"Min\:%8.0lf" \
GPRINT:cdefa:MAX:"Max\:%8.0lf\n" \
GPRINT:cdefa:MAX:"Max\:%8.0lf\n" \
LINE2:cdefh#7EE600FF:"Out updates" \
GPRINT:cdefh:LAST:"Current\:%8.0lf" \
GPRINT:cdefh:LAST:"Current\:%8.0lf" \
GPRINT:cdefh:MIN:"Min\:%8.0lf" \
GPRINT:cdefh:MIN:"Min\:%8.0lf" \
GPRINT:cdefh:MAX:"Max\:%8.0lf\n" \
GPRINT:cdefh:MAX:"Max\:%8.0lf\n"

RRDTool Says:

ERROR: opening '/var/lib/cacti/rra/nw_rt_mx96_01_re0_34estp_bgppeerouttotalmsg_7873.rrd': No such file or directory
johnmc

Re: Cisco BGP graph

Post by johnmc »

What's the status of the OSPF version of this addon please? Did anyone manage to graph OSPF traffic for the latest version of Cacti?

Alternatively can anyone help me with how I might create my own template? I must warn you I am fairly new to SNMP, OIDs and Cacti so I may not understand too well to start!!

Cheers,

John
hri_

Post by hri_ »

This works on juniper too... the mib is RFC not vendor specific.
many 10x.
Cacti usage: 98k DS !
alchemyx

Post by alchemyx »

Hello,

Did you manage to set up it to work with IPv6 BGP peers? I think it lives under different OID tree in IOS.
I was googling for some specific information but only stumbled on abandoned IETF documents about MIB
for BGP and IPv6.

Any pointers or help would be appreciated!