Lots of Oracle-DB Templates if anyone shows interest

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

jerrison
Cacti User

Re: Lots of Oracle-DB Templates if anyone shows interest

Post by jerrison »

you shouldnt get any windows-snmp-results back when u query the emsubagent. so i guess, you´re running the standard windows snmp service under 1161 (like the oracle "manual" recommended") and dont get any results from the emsubagent. can u verify, that the emsubagent is actually working? there are some oracle logs for the subagent in some directories that might give u a hint. Pls check if port 161 is opened by the emsubagent and not by any other process (HP Internal Agents come to mind or sth. like that).
oraclepilot

Post by oraclepilot »

Hi all,

just to announce that according to document
ANNOUNCEMENT: The Management Agent's SNMP SubAgent is Being Planned for Deprecation in Future Release of Grid Control [ID 1057526.1]
Upcoming feature deprecation in Oracle Enterprise Manager SNMP subagent

The Enterprise Manager SNMP subagent feature is planned for deprecation in Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Release1.
What is the impact of the deprecation?
The deprecation will only have impact on your Oracle database monitoring if Oracle databases in your environment are monitored by SNMP protocol-based management applications through Enterprise Manager SNMP subagent. To check whether Enterprise Manager SNMP subagent is used, please execute the following command emctl status subagent. If the command returns Sub agent is running, most likely Enterprise Manager SNMP subagent is being used in your environment. Since deprecated features are scheduled to be removed in a future release, Enterprise Manager SNMP subagent should not be used in any new Enterprise Manager deployments.

Please note that the deprecation will not impact the following:

•Enterprise Manager SNMP Trap Notifications
•SNMP Fetchlet/Recvlet support in Oracle Enterprise Management Agent
•3rd party management tools that use protocols other than SNMP, for example, Pro*c or JDBC, to monitor Oracle databases
This template, probably, will no longer work.
That's very bad. Any possibility to avoid this problem?

Stefano
jacksonxu755

Post by jacksonxu755 »

Jerrison,
I'm a Oracle DBA,and I'm very intersting with your templates. I download all templates and try to create graph . But when I create a data source ,no rrd file created ,and I check mysql database,I found no record in poller_item created.
What's wrong with me ?
CACTI 0.8.7G/H/
rrdtool 1.2.X
Linux 2.6.32-71.el6.x86_64
Oracle 9.2.0.4

snmpwalk looks OK.
[root@CactiEZ html]# snmpwalk -c public -v 1 192.168.1.177 .1.3.6.1.2.1.39.1.1.1.4
SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2.39.1.1.1.4.2 = STRING: "ora9"
jerrison
Cacti User

Post by jerrison »

hi there,
i think there might be sth. wrong with your cacti setup. Do other graphs work?
jacksonxu755

Post by jacksonxu755 »

Jerrison,thanks for your reply.
host monitor is OK.You say:I use cacti 0.8.7e on a centos 5.x linux server in a VM with a 14 GB RAM-Drive (tmpfs). Why to use 14GB RAM-drive?
I trace utility.php yesterday, and I found program terminated with no error reported just before insert poller_item record.
jerrison
Cacti User

Post by jerrison »

hmm...did u try to run cacti in debug mode (turning debug logs on) and see what the poller output is?
might give some clues as well.
i use a RAM-drive since I/O-operations can be the bottleneck if u have lotsa rrds running every minute.
RAM is pretty fast in that regard :)
jolinemandy

Post by jolinemandy »

Jerrison,
THK for your templates. I download all templates and import to the cacti. And finished adding the Oracle-Queries under “Associated Data Queries”.But when i make verbose query to “Oracle - rdbmsSrvInfoTable”/ “Oracle - DB oraDbSysTable” and “Oracle - DB oraDbConfigTable”.I got these results:

1、Debug 'DB Data file useage'
+ Running data query [10].
+ Found type = '3' [SNMP Query].
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/html/resource/snmp_queries/oracle_DBDataFileTable.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Executing SNMP get for num of indexes @ '.1.3.6.1.4.1.111.4.1.3.1.1' Index Count:
+ Executing SNMP walk for list of indexes @ '.1.3.6.1.4.1.111.4.1.3.1.1' Index Count: 0
+ No SNMP data returned

+ Running data query [11].
+ Found type = '4' [Script Query].
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/html/resource/snmp_queries/oracle_DbConfigTable.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ <arg_num_indexes> missing in XML file, 'Index Count Changed' emulated by counting arg_index entries
+ Executing script for list of indexes ' ' Index Count: 0
+ Executing script query ' '

+ Running data query [12].
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/html/resource/snmp_queries/oracle_DBsysTable.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ <oid_num_indexes> missing in XML file, 'Index Count Changed' emulated by counting oid_index entries
+ Executing SNMP walk for list of indexes @ '.1.3.6.1.4.1.111.4.1.1.1.1' Index Count: 0
+ No SNMP data returned

+ Running data query [13].
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/html/resource/snmp_queries/oracle_DbLibraryCacheTable.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Executing SNMP get for num of indexes @ '.1.3.6.1.4.1.111.4.1.4.1.1' Index Count:
+ Executing SNMP walk for list of indexes @ '.1.3.6.1.4.1.111.4.1.4.1.1' Index Count: 0
+ No SNMP data returned

What's wrong with me ?
CACTI 0.8.7i
rrdtool-1.4.5
Linux catic 2.6.18-164.el5
Oracle 10gr2 10.2.0.4

snmpwalk looks OK.

SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2.39.1.1.1.1.1 = INTEGER: 1
SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2.39.1.1.1.2.1 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.111
SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2.39.1.1.1.3.1 = STRING: "Oracle"
SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2.39.1.1.1.4.1 = STRING: "testdb"
SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2.39.1.1.1.5.1 = ""
SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2.39.1.2.1.1.1 = STRING: "Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition
Release 10.2.0.4.0 - 64bi"
SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2.39.1.2.1.2.1 = STRING: "10.2.0.4.0"
circulosmeos

Post by circulosmeos »

Hi,
I've slightly modified the bundle at http://docs.cacti.net/usertemplate:graph:oracle to automatically get the db index.
I've also described the process of installation here: http://circulosmeos.wordpress.com/2014/ ... ith-cacti/
Greetings

PS: btw, good job, jerrison!