CACTIQUERY 0.8.6B RELEASED

Addons for Cacti and discussion about those addons

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

pestilence
Cacti User

CACTIQUERY 0.8.6B RELEASED

Post by pestilence »

Ok i released cactiquery for cacti0.8.6b after a long delay (sorry for that) i just upgraded today from 0.8.5 so i had to recreate the query tool (good for you eh?) :).
Changes:
1) Cactiquery has been imported into the new cacti look.
2) You can now query graphs with more than 2 data sources with no problems BUT YOU CAN'T QUERY SUMMED GRAPHS (E.G TOTAL TRAFFIC).
Feel free to use it....and have fun :)
If you find any problems just let me know.
Attachments
cactiquery0.8.6b.tar.gz
(39.82 KiB) Downloaded 455 times
Default view (the arrow icon is the cactiquery icon)
Default view (the arrow icon is the cactiquery icon)
query-start.jpg (72.62 KiB) Viewed 10876 times
Query on a graph with multiple Data Sources.
Query on a graph with multiple Data Sources.
query-query.jpg (54.16 KiB) Viewed 10876 times
Last edited by pestilence on Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
/* * Oops. The kernel tried to access some bad page. We'll have to * terminate things with extreme prejudice. */ die_if_kernel("Oops", regs, error_code);
JVandermark

Post by JVandermark »

Looks cool, but the download doesn't work :D

Post by Guest »

Download is working fine as far as i can see...check your browser...
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Pestilence,

Can you check with the patches to 0.8.6b and let me know if it integrates Ok. Ian will be releasing it in a few days. So, we won't get it in for 0.8.6c, but I will incorporate in 0.8.7. Would like to keep it as an add-in until 0.8.7.

Larry
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
pestilence
Cacti User

Post by pestilence »

Ok m8 i will be testing it tomorrow on my server and get back to you with the results.
/* * Oops. The kernel tried to access some bad page. We'll have to * terminate things with extreme prejudice. */ die_if_kernel("Oops", regs, error_code);
pestilence
Cacti User

Post by pestilence »

Ok i applyed all the patches (the xml one don't know why but was not applyed...had to apply it manually) on the allready installed cacti & cactiquery and everything was ok nothing was broken.
For those who have allready patched their cacti version i tarballed a cactiquery with the patched files (so you won't break you old patches).
The patched tarball is attached to this message.
Attachments
cactiquery-patched0.8.6b.tar.gz
(39.96 KiB) Downloaded 428 times
Last edited by pestilence on Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
pestilence
Cacti User

Post by pestilence »

I changed the above tarballs because i noticed today that i had forgotten to include the image/graph_query.php now the tarball is ok.
moshesharon

problems running cactiquery 0.86b

Post by moshesharon »

hi

i tried to install the new version ( and also the patched one) i can see the icon but when i press the link it just gives empty page with the new link
[ Dump to CSV ] . when i press this link . it says " files created in directory ..." but nothing happeneds. no files and no data.
im using a fresh install of cacti 0.86b.

any ideas ?

thanks in advance

Moshe
pestilence
Cacti User

Post by pestilence »

Are you trying to query a combined graph (a graph maybe with some cdef function) or a simple graph?
Combined graphs as i mentioned above don't work because the query does not parse any cdef functions, it simply queries data sources for values.
Could you also please post a screenshot so that i can have a look at it.
moshesharon

problems running cactiquery 0.86b

Post by moshesharon »

hi

thanks for the fast reply. well i dont have graphs with cdef functions. just
some usual cisco traffic graph's. the templates i use are simple templates of cisco that comes with cacti. and also the arrow icon apears fine. i did fresh install and managed to see that the words export to CSV not apearing if there is no dir csv exists. also the permissions are fine. since cacti writes the rrd files ok.

thanks in advance

Moshe
Attachments
screen1.png
screen1.png (6.87 KiB) Viewed 10632 times
screen2.png
screen2.png (18.92 KiB) Viewed 10632 times
DeathFromAbove

Post by DeathFromAbove »

I appear to have exactly the same problem as Moshe. Im still fiddling about a bit, will respond again if I find anything useful.
DeathFromAbove

Post by DeathFromAbove »

Addition to above what version of PHP are people using, 4.3.9 is in use on the systems Im using it with
pestilence
Cacti User

Post by pestilence »

Strange, seems to be working fine on 2 of my systems, one is running Gentoo Linux and the other Solaris 9.
Php versions i dunno remember now since i don't have access currently to the system, but i will try to install it on a fresh installation (maybe my local box) and see what's going on...
Nimir

Post by Nimir »

Hi

I got something a little strange I ended up with 2 timestamp columns and no output. (see below)

If you need me to test anything just pm me, bear in mind Im in th UK for time difference sake though (only have access during 9-5)

Thanks,

Andy AKA Nimir
Attachments
cactiqueryout.jpg
cactiqueryout.jpg (14.83 KiB) Viewed 10556 times
================================
Nimir aKa The guy stumbling through life and work by being able to bodge his own previous code to any device/need changes they've managed to throw at him so far
pestilence
Cacti User

Post by pestilence »

Ok i changed a bit the patched version could please redownload from the above link (the tarball was changed today) and check again if it works now?