Updated Cisco Wireless controller host template

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

jfanelli

Re: Updated Cisco Wireless controller host template

Post by jfanelli »

So, a couple questions.. (this template is _great_ by the way)

Since i'm running Cacti 0.8.7g (upgraded CactiEZ install), I too had to add the "", "", to the php files per 'spoonman', but I couldn't figure out how to edit the Cisco_WLC_Radios.php to add the two null fields, so a poller test still throws errors like so:

root@cacti scripts]# php -q Cisco_WLC_Radios.php 192.168.x.x <community> 2
PHP Warning: Missing argument 4 for ss_host_radios() in /var/www/html/scripts/Cisco_WLC_Radios.php on line 26

Etc.

Also, I would very much like to edit this for US / FCC, but it's not a straight forward endeavor. I know the FCC usable channels of course, but I don't know how / what to modify in the PHP files
per 'egarnel'.

Thanks so much all for the help and great work.
/regards
siouxee
Cacti User

Post by siouxee »

Does anyone know if this template will work with the Cisco WLC modules (like the NME-AIR-WLC8-K9) in 28xx ISR routers? I attempted to use it but do not get any graphs/stats for one of my modules.

Any suggestions to make this work or a link to the correct MIBs for these modules would be greatly appreciated! Cisco didn't have any MIBs specific to the WLC modules the last time I checked (yesterday).
vovochka

Post by vovochka »

The template is great, but it seems like data queries for WLC radio is not working as attached image, i'm running on Windows server 2003, Version 0.8.7g. Is there anyone having the same issue?
Attachments
wlc.JPG
wlc.JPG (66.31 KiB) Viewed 4079 times
egarnel
Cacti Pro User

Post by egarnel »

jfanelli wrote:So, a couple questions.. (this template is _great_ by the way)

Since i'm running Cacti 0.8.7g (upgraded CactiEZ install), I too had to add the "", "", to the php files per 'spoonman', but I couldn't figure out how to edit the Cisco_WLC_Radios.php to add the two null fields, so a poller test still throws errors like so:

root@cacti scripts]# php -q Cisco_WLC_Radios.php 192.168.x.x <community> 2
PHP Warning: Missing argument 4 for ss_host_radios() in /var/www/html/scripts/Cisco_WLC_Radios.php on line 26

Etc.

Also, I would very much like to edit this for US / FCC, but it's not a straight forward endeavor. I know the FCC usable channels of course, but I don't know how / what to modify in the PHP files
per 'egarnel'.

Thanks so much all for the help and great work.
/regards
I am hoping to have time soon to update it with more/different 5Ghz channels. I am not going to change the 2.4 side as it is helpful in our environment to see off-channel energy for those smart peopele who pick 3 or 8, because they see stuff on 1 or 6!
Cacti1 OS: CentOS 5.6 | 300+ devices
Cacti2 OS: CentOS 5.6 | 300+ devices
King of the Elves
Local Anarchists Union #427
"Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are wise enough to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to rule others." -Edward Abbey
henrys

Post by henrys »

I had to make some changes to the script for it to work with the newer 5500 series controllers.

In 'Cisco_WLC_Radios.php' I had to remove all the ".0" at the end of the oid array like this:

Code: Select all

"index"                                 => ".1.3.6.1.4.1.14179.2.2.13.1.1",
                "parentname"                            => ".1.3.6.1.4.1.14179.2.2.1.1.3",
                "parentmac"                             => ".1.3.6.1.4.1.14179.2.2.1.1.1",
                "parentethmac"                          => ".1.3.6.1.4.1.14179.2.2.1.1.33",
                "parentmodel"                           => ".1.3.6.1.4.1.14179.2.2.1.1.16",
                "parentserial"                          => ".1.3.6.1.4.1.14179.2.2.1.1.17",
                "ifslotid"                              => ".1.3.6.1.4.1.14179.2.2.2.1.1",
                "ifphychannelnumber"                    => ".1.3.6.1.4.1.14179.2.2.2.1.4",
                "ifdot11transmittedfragmentcount"       => ".1.3.6.1.4.1.14179.2.2.6.1.1",
                "ifdot11mcasttransmittedframecount"     => ".1.3.6.1.4.1.14179.2.2.6.1.2",
 <snip>
             );
and in "function ss_host_radios_reindex" I had to remove the part looking for the tailing "0."

Code: Select all

function ss_host_radios_reindex($arr) {
        $return_arr = array();

for ($i=0;($i<sizeof($arr));$i++) {
                $return_arr[$i] = preg_replace("/(1.3.6.1.4.1.14179.2.2.13.1.1.)/", "", $arr[$i]["oid"]);
        }
        return $return_arr;
}
Could this be a problem with my snmp or cacti version instead? I'm on version 0.8.7e. I'm also going to attempt to have the script grab the AP name from snmp. I'll post the results if I can make that happen.
spoonman
Cacti User

Post by spoonman »

I used to be able to use these templates...they are awesome. We've recently upgraded our 2 WLC 4400's to a new IOS....we are now running Software Version 7.0.116.0 and these templates do not respond the same. All my query's return 0's. Any chance anyone has any new updated templates ??

Thanks
CCNA
jwp2987

Post by jwp2987 »

Any one have any ideas on this error?

Invalid field <index_order>bsnAPRadioParrentName:bsnAPRadioIndex</index_order>

Comes when I try to get data from the device. WLC 5500
Last edited by jwp2987 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

jwp2987 wrote:Any one have any ideas on this error?

Invalid field <index_order>bsnAPRadioParrentName:bsnAPRadioIndex</index_order>

Comes when I try to get data from the device. WLC 5500

--Joshua Priko
Do you mean bsnAPRadioParrentName or better bsnAPRadioParentName?
R.
petpet1

Re: Updated Cisco Wireless controller host template - *** SO

Post by petpet1 »

*** SOLVED***

Hi guys

I have the same problem :
Data Query [SNMP - Cisco WLC Radios] returns 0, however all other data queries return some values

When i do verbose query i get:

+ Running data query [31].
+ Found type = '6' [Script Query - Script Server].
+ Found data query XML file at 'path_to_cacti/cacti/resource/script_server/Cisco_WLC_Radios.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Invalid field <index_order>bsnAPRadioParrentName:bsnAPRadioIndex</index_order>
+ Must contain <direction>input</direction> fields only

Any idea ?

Thanks a lot
spoonman
Cacti User

Post by spoonman »

Any updated work on WLC templates?? Mine were working great....but have stopped graphing...possible updates to controllers, not sure yet>

Thanks
CCNA