Nagios Plugin for Cacti (NPC) 2.x - Preview

Announcements concerning Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

divagater
Cacti User

Post by divagater »

Not really sure what the problem could be based on that description. I will say this though, the integration between NPC and cacti when it comes to graphs is very weak. I have a new release of NPC coming out in the next week that addresses several other areas and then I am going to re-think how the graph integration should work. thoughts and ideas welcome.

For instance for those that have popup graph working is it useful?
Should there maybe be a graph tab in NPC?
Maybe if graph and service description the same we could auto map.

etc.

Sorry for the 'not really an answer' answer but wanted you to know I plan to re-write this part of NPC next.

Cheers,
Billy
[url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=26540][b]NPC 2.0.4[/b][/url]
[url=http://trac2.assembla.com/npc][size=75]Trac[/size][/url] | [url=http://trac2.assembla.com/npc/newticket?type=defect][size=75]Bugs[/size][/url] | [url=http://trac2.assembla.com/npc/newticket?type=enhancement][size=75]Requests[/size][/url]
jenchingyang

In Internet Explorer to click NPC tab, but get error message

Post by jenchingyang »

Hi,
Installed NPC plugin in Cacti, When I try to click 'NPC' tab via Internet Explorer7, The first time, I always get error and NPC unable to display normal. but click second time. the NPC can display normal.

In Firefox, it's normal status.

how to solve it?
novel

Re: Some issues with NPC and Nagios

Post by novel »

erickbe wrote:Hi,

I have Nagios 3.06, NDOutils 1.4b7, Cacti 0.87b, latest NPC working but have a few issues on NPC.

When I try to run a command on a host, I get this in a window that pops up. I have checked and the file is there and goes away when nagios is stopped and comes back. I have done a few google searches and found a few hits on this and the permissions, etc appear to be in line with those discussions I found but still have this issue.

/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd does not exist.

Any ideas?

Also, when I use N2C to import hosts, I click on a hostgroup and select a template and the progress bar completes about importing 7 hosts but none are imported. The import results has no check marks or messages, just the host names on left column.

Another issue is the graphs in NPC, how does one map a graph from Cacti? I have set to Nagios host under the Cacti device and the graphs work in Cacti fine for the device. In NPC, I did view graph on some and map graph and the window for Map graph pops up and I select a graph template and that window doesn't go away and there is nothing displayed below the drop down. Then in NPC, that host gets a graph icon next to it and when I click on the graph it opens up a small empty window. See attached screenshot. Is the graph suppose to display in this window?
Dear Billy,

I am facing same problem, everything is working file except showing graph. I have added some screenshoot what is runing.. pls help,
Attachments
Screenshot1.png
Screenshot1.png (163.03 KiB) Viewed 5932 times
Screenshot2.png
Screenshot2.png (129.25 KiB) Viewed 5932 times
Screenshot3.png
Screenshot3.png (136.01 KiB) Viewed 5932 times
vkpolisetty

Post by vkpolisetty »

hi Novel,

did you get any solution for your issue with graphs in npc. even i am facing the same issue.

regards
Vamsi
Fransis

Re: Nagios Plugin for Cacti (NPC) 2.x - Preview

Post by Fransis »

Rewrite is coming along well. I might get a semi-functional release out by the end of the week for testing depending on how much time I have. Right now the big hurdle will be implementing database support, since I've never dealt with it before.