Multiple rows as a data source

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

anthonyl

Multiple rows as a data source

Post by anthonyl »

I'm using a monitoring tool that keeps time series data in a mysql database. Is it possible to graph the data in these tables with cacti? Since the data comes from multiple hosts, I'd rather not poll the data and feed it to cacti.

Thanks in advance for any help
Anthony
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Yes, you will have to write a script though.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
anthonyl

Post by anthonyl »

Is there any difference between doing that and a script that imports one row? Is there a way to write a script to send the data as a datasource?

Any examples I can look at that are doing this?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

look at the load_avg.pl script in your scripts directory and the ss_sql.php scripts for examples of how to generate output that is compatible with Cacti. Unfortunately, I would prefer that the Data Source pull the data. You could go the other way around, but it kind of breaks the rules.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?