Issues Windows Server graph after update Cacti

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

romain0412

Issues Windows Server graph after update Cacti

Post by romain0412 »

Hi,

I've installed my Cacti with apt-get install but I've only a 0.8.7b. I want to upgrade my Cacti, I followed this documentation http://docs.cacti.net/manual:087:1_inst ... ding_cacti

But, when I try to go on http://ip/cacti, I've nothing.

The apt-get install create a lot of file on my system (/usr/share/cacti /etc/cacti/ ...). I don't find the solution for upgrade this installation type.

Someone have an idea?

Thanks,
Last edited by romain0412 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
gandalf
Developer

Re: Upgrading Cactiafter apt-get install

Post by gandalf »

Either stick to apt-get; then you're limited by the offerings of the distro.
Else, de-install current cacti package and reinstall it manually.
R.
romain0412

Post by romain0412 »

Can I use my first cacti database and my first rra?
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Yep. Make a mysqldump to make sure, that mysql-db does not accidentally get deinstalled without having a backup. And save all rrd files as well.
You may loose some polling intervals during this process.
R.
romain0412

Post by romain0412 »

gandalf wrote:Yep. Make a mysqldump to make sure, that mysql-db does not accidentally get deinstalled without having a backup. And save all rrd files as well.
You may loose some polling intervals during this process.
R.
Hi,

I've updated my Cacti, all seem to be OK but after some hours I have found some troubles. My graph doesn't growing, only localhost graph moving but all the reste stay like there were after upgrade.

Do you have an idea?

Thanks
romain0412

Post by romain0412 »

I look at some of my graph, all of the devices are Windows Operating System.

When I look at their graph, I see that the graph "Logged in users" and "Process" are ok, they change since the last Cacti update. But all the rest doesn't grow.

I'm lost :cry:

Thanks for your help,
romain0412

Post by romain0412 »

An another information,

When I'm in device configuration if I click on "Verbose Query" in order to get mounter partition and interface statistics I've this eror message :

Data Query Debug Information

+ Running data query [8].
+ Found type = '6 '[script query].
+ Could not find data query XML file at 'path_cacti/resource/script_server/host_disk.xml'
+ Error parsing XML file into an array.
+ Could not find data query XML file at 'path_cacti/resource/script_server/host_disk.xml'

And the same thing for Interface statistics. That's the reason for the lack of graph, but why after the update I've this graph. I was in Cacti 0.8.7.b and now 0.8.7.g. there is a difference between the two version for this type of check?

Thanks
gandalf
Developer

Re: Issues Windows Server graph after update Cacti

Post by gandalf »

Cacti at some point failed to resolve <path_cacti>. That happens here. This was solved in recent versions
R.