Download for thold 0.4.2

Support questions about the Threshold plugin

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

ssletner

Download for thold 0.4.2

Post by ssletner »

Does anyone know where I can download thold version 0.4.2? When I use version 0.4.3 email notifications are no longer sent. They work with version 0.4.1 but I'd like to do some testing and comparisons with version 0.4.2

If you have this version, please attach to post.

Thanks,

Scott
Dude
Cacti User

Re: Download for thold 0.4.2

Post by Dude »

version 0.4.3 (latest) is here:
http://cactiusers.org/downloads/thold.tar.gz
ssletner

Post by ssletner »

Thanks but I'm not looking for the latest, I need 0.4.2 because when I use 0.4.3 emails are not sent when a threshold is breached.

If anyone is using thold 0.4.2 please zip it and attach it to a reply.

Thanks!
sodium
Cacti User

Post by sodium »

have you tried our code ? http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=41605

keep in mind when going from 0.4.1 -> higher you need PIA 2.9 and settings 0.5
(and in settings 0.5 you get extra tabs (mail/dns) in settings gui of cacti)
settings need to be the first plugin
remove thold from include.php
etc
etc
All the problems of the world could be settled if people were only willing to think...
ssletner

Post by ssletner »

When I use your thold code I get the following when hitting save to create a new threshold template or make changes to it:

Notice: Undefined index: bl_pct_down in D:\AppServ\www\cacti\plugins\thold\thold_templates.php on line 294

Notice: Undefined index: bl_pct_up in D:\AppServ\www\cacti\plugins\thold\thold_templates.php on line 295

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\AppServ\www\cacti\plugins\thold\thold_templates.php:294) in D:\AppServ\www\cacti\plugins\thold\thold_templates.php on line 344

I have PIA 2.9 but my settings is version 0.7. Yes, settings is the first plugin.

I have commented out include/config.php...I think thats what you mean.

I ran extra/upgrade.php

I also tried thold version 0.5 but when I use it, emails are not sent and threshold breaches don't show up in the logs when I have an email address specified in the 'Notify Acounts' or 'Alert extra emails' section. I also noticed that the thresholds show 'No' under triggered on the threshold page even when the current is larger then the threshold.
sodium
Cacti User

Post by sodium »

are you sure you updated all files from the package?
i can not think of an other way why the variable/index would be unknown at that point
All the problems of the world could be settled if people were only willing to think...
ssletner

Post by ssletner »

I believe so. I deleted the current thold directory in plugins and then placed your thold folder there. I also ran the upgrade.php. Anything else to do?
sodium
Cacti User

Post by sodium »

I think this has something to do with you php setup (php.ini) could you replace it by a stock one?
ssletner

Post by ssletner »

That fixed the error but brings me back to an original issues. Thresholds that breach do not trigger...remain green on threshold page and no email is ever sent.
sodium
Cacti User

Post by sodium »

1.) does the plugin show that the threshold is triggered (thresholds in console)

2.) when you press send test email (settings -> mail/dns) do you receive the test email?

3.) and does admin have an email address listed (default mail address of threshold)
ssletner

Post by ssletner »

sodium wrote:1.) does the plugin show that the threshold is triggered (thresholds in console)

2.) when you press send test email (settings -> mail/dns) do you receive the test email?

3.) and does admin have an email address listed (default mail address of threshold)
To answer your questions:
1) I'm not exactly sure what your asking but if I go to the thresholds screen I see that the 'current' value will be higher than the set threshold however the status will remain green and the 'triggered' column will still say 'no'. (Note: I dont have this issue with using thold 4.1, only when using version 4.3 or higher. I haven't tested with 4.2 because I haven't gotten ahold of it, hence why i started this post asking for someone to share version 4.2 with me.)

2) Yes

3) Yes
sodium
Cacti User

Post by sodium »

please send a screenshot (of the thresholds page) and PM it to me
GrahamF

Post by GrahamF »

This sounds very similar to what was happening to me on 0.4.3, which downgrading to 0.4.1 resolved for me as well.
sodium
Cacti User

Post by sodium »

can you retest with the 0.4.4-41 version ( http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=41781 )

and report back
rmcdonald

Post by rmcdonald »

I am on .4.4 41 and not alerts emails are getting sent nothing tirggers at all.

settings .7
PIA 2.9
Thold .4.4.41

only thing that works is when I downgrade back to .4.2 any ideas?