Is there a delete cacti config_option?

Discussions on developing plugins for the Cacti Plugin Architecture

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Rossco
Cacti User

Is there a delete cacti config_option?

Post by Rossco »

Hi All

I'm new to the PIA and am trying to write a new plugin. I was hoping to avoid writing too many extra parts for storing data when I could just use the cacti config_settings api hook. Unfortunately I can see no easy way to delete an existing entry from the array?(not just its value) I could add a custom routine, but I believe I would need some sort of hook into the save mechanism, similar to that available with api_device_save.

Any thoughts, or am I mistaken?

Many thanks

Rossco
gandalf
Developer

Re: Is there a delete cacti config_option?

Post by gandalf »

Do you want to work on the settings table alone or do you need to append data to different existing tables or do you need to create a new table?
R.
Rossco
Cacti User

Re: Is there a delete cacti config_option?

Post by Rossco »

Hi Gandalf - thanks for the reply.

At the moment I have data in a separate table and the only way to modify it is by hand. I was hoping to use the settings interface as an easy way for users to store/modify the data. Essentially, I need the ability to add/remove/change a row of "group data": group_name, group_description, group_default. I then display these on the config page together with a blank entry for a user to add their own group. It seemed easiest to try to put it into the settings table as there is a easy to understand way of storing/displaying the data. The problem I had was that I could see no way of removing an entry. My php skills are far from great and I wanted to avoid writing a custom separate page just to modify this data.

Does this make sense?

Thanks

Rossco