Time Line Skrewup

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

BaddMann

Time Line Skrewup

Post by BaddMann »

Recently made our graphs match our "status" monitor's Nagios look. Changed the Canvas, Back and font colors in rrdtool.php to white on black and then changed the in/out template to red and white.
Somewhere in all of this the averaging of traffic over time settings got messed up.
I'm a complete newb to cacti and can't even access the server without permission from the Admin, but I'd like to fix this issue so that maybe I can get that access given to me in good faith.

http://cacti.gccaz.edu/cacti/graph.php? ... aph_id=189

The above link will show the issue.
Basically all the charts whether they are marked as hourly or yearly roughly show the same time lines, with a few exceptions being only a few hours earlier.
The Grid labels at the bottom are also out of order but as I'm new to this all and I'm afraid I'm not much more help.

Please point me in the right direction, as I'm a little overwhelmed and I can't see the individual parts of cacti objectively yet.

BaddMann
gandalf
Developer

Re: Time Line Skrewup

Post by gandalf »

unable to access the image
R.
BaddMann

Post by BaddMann »

Oops, sorry, it's maybe behind the firewall (actually makes sense in hind-sight!).

Anyway, after comparing graphs made with another installation of cacti, I found out that when the background, canvas and font changes were made, the admin accidentally removed the "--start" parameter from the rrd.php page.

Thank you cacti developers for the debug tool, I'd have had spent a lot more time on this without it.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Please know, that all those features will be supported with next cacti release
R.