SuperMicro SuperoDoctor sensors -- update November 11, 2010

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

ehall
Cacti User

Post by ehall »

I uploaded a new version that addressed a couple of issues with the 8x graph templates but did not otherwise change anything
ehall
Cacti User

Post by ehall »

I posted a new version of the script with many significant enhancements. The biggest change is a switch from the expensive and slow script query interface to the persistent and fast script server interface. I also dropped the comma-separated parameters and switched to a colon-separated "bundle" for SNMP arguments, tightened up the array and variable management, added a lot more error checking, and otherwise did a complete rewrite of the script.

Due to the changes, the script and resource xml files need to be reinstalled and any data queries need to be reimported. However the existing graphs and data sources should continue to operate afterwards.

I've also moved the files to this page on my web server so that I can more easily maintain them
ehall
Cacti User

Re: SuperMicro SuperoDoctor sensors -- update November 11, 2

Post by ehall »

I've uploaded a new version that is compatible with 0.8.7g

http://www.eric-a-hall.com/software/cac ... o-sensors/
jamdev12

Post by jamdev12 »

Ehal,

Thank you for the contribution. Took me a couple of days to figure out what was wrong with the multi sensor graphs, but onced I figured what I was doing wrong they look great.

Jamdev12
JSchuricht

Post by JSchuricht »

I know this hasn't been updated in a few years but has anyone else tried this script on cacti 1.x?

I get a bunch of errors in the log that are linked to this script if I enable more than one device. Graphs are populating and the error isn't on every poll but on most of them.
SPINE: Poller[1] ERROR: SS[0] PHP Script Server communications lost. Restarting PHP Script Server
SPINE: Poller[1] ERROR: SS[3] Script Server did not start properly return message was: 'U'