Moderators: Developers, Moderators

kevin_taco

Re: Syslog 1.0 Released

Post by kevin_taco »

That worked! Thanks for your help.
kevin_taco

Post by kevin_taco »

After further review it fixed the strange multiple values in the drop down but there's a problem when I select logs with a specific Priority. When I do so the result doesn't display correct logs; the priority isn't correct. Here are the screens:
Attachments
ss2.png
ss2.png (34.71 KiB) Viewed 11122 times
ss1.png
ss1.png (29.72 KiB) Viewed 11122 times
kevin_taco

Post by kevin_taco »

In line 349 of syslog.php I changed

"priority_id <="

to

"priority_id="

And it seems to have fixed this problem somewhat. The Critical and Alert priority displays are reversed when selecting them...
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

It's that way for a reason. I can add more options though... ++ means >=

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
kevin_taco

Post by kevin_taco »

In lines 575 and 576 in syslog.php

I changed:

<option value="2"<?php if ($_REQUEST["elevel"] == "2") {?> selected<?php }?>>Alert++</option>
<option value="3"<?php if ($_REQUEST["elevel"] == "3") {?> selected<?php }?>>Critical++</option>

to:

<option value="2"<?php if ($_REQUEST["elevel"] == "2") {?> selected<?php }?>>Critical++</option>
<option value="3"<?php if ($_REQUEST["elevel"] == "3") {?> selected<?php }?>>Alert++</option>

And now I think I'm good.
kevin_taco

Post by kevin_taco »

Ok. Sorry for the mixup. This was the functionality I was used to on a previous version of this plugin. Sorry if I'm posting the wrong changes.
kevin_taco

Post by kevin_taco »

In the original code its set to:

priority_id <=

not

priority_id >=
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

kevin_taco wrote:In lines 575 and 576 in syslog.php

I changed:

<option value="2"<?php if ($_REQUEST["elevel"] == "2") {?> selected<?php }?>>Alert++</option>
<option value="3"<?php if ($_REQUEST["elevel"] == "3") {?> selected<?php }?>>Critical++</option>

to:

<option value="2"<?php if ($_REQUEST["elevel"] == "2") {?> selected<?php }?>>Critical++</option>
<option value="3"<?php if ($_REQUEST["elevel"] == "3") {?> selected<?php }?>>Alert++</option>

And now I think I'm good.
Thanks for the catch! Can you log a bug here: http://bugs.cacti.net?

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
kevin_taco

Post by kevin_taco »

Done. Bug # 0001871
giokob

Post by giokob »

access control for syslog plugin, in my case i log all network devices and servers log to cacti machine, one of our programmer needs to see apache error log for specific server, but i don't want him to see all my infrastructure.

it will be great to somehow limit individual user, that i could filter who sees what device and not all logs from that device but only part of it
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

giokob wrote:access control for syslog plugin, in my case i log all network devices and servers log to cacti machine, one of our programmer needs to see apache error log for specific server, but i don't want him to see all my infrastructure.

it will be great to somehow limit individual user, that i could filter who sees what device and not all logs from that device but only part of it
Can you be more specific? It is possible to do the following:

1) Limit access by host or list of host
2) Limit access by Facility
3) Restrict access based upon substring match of log entries

TheWitness

giokob

Post by giokob »

i think all of three is good, better if administrator can create sql expression, like in alarm, remove rules
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Please log a bug here http://bugs.cacti.net and attach not only my comments but yours.

TheWitness

philipz
Cacti User

Post by philipz »

Is it intentional that the search field does not search the host field? I would like to filter on a per site basis, so it would be nice if searching for "London" would give me "London-sw1" "London-sw2" and so on.

Also, according to the change log:
When adding a removal rule, only that rule will execute immediately, instead of rerunning all rules
When adding a rule it will work, but it does not remove existing entries from the database?

Thanks for another very cool plugin!
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

philipz wrote:Is it intentional that the search field does not search the host field? I would like to filter on a per site basis, so it would be nice if searching for "London" would give me "London-sw1" "London-sw2" and so on.

Also, according to the change log:
When adding a removal rule, only that rule will execute immediately, instead of rerunning all rules
When adding a rule it will work, but it does not remove existing entries from the database?

Thanks for another very cool plugin!
Post your feature request and bug on Mantis http://bugs.cacti.net

TheWitness