Release of Cacti 0.8.7g

Important information about Cacti developments that all users should be interested in.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Thanks. Once the test is done, you can use the configure option to use the standard POPEN in the mean time. However, please perform this test in the mean time.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
Alice
Cacti User

Post by Alice »

I've installed upgraded to Cacti 0.8.7g (only DB kept from an older version) and installed Boost plugin from SVN (4.2). No other plugin installed.

Boost it's not working.
poller_output_boost table (MEMORY) gets to 512MB and that's it. But the RRD files are updated every polling cycle:

07/29/2010 08:37:51 PM - SYSTEM STATS: Time:49.7169 Method:spine Processes:10 Threads:8 Hosts:257 HostsPerProcess:26 DataSources:26815 RRDsProcessed:12101

I've tried with and without Boost Server, nothing changes.

More info & screenshots available on request.
[url=http://www.x-graphs.com/]http://www.x-graphs.com[/url] [color=red]X[/color]-[color=blue]graphs[/color] :: All kind of graphs
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

I suppose this is more of a BOOST issue. Please post there
R.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Alice wrote:I've installed upgraded to Cacti 0.8.7g (only DB kept from an older version) and installed Boost plugin from SVN (4.2). No other plugin installed.

Boost it's not working.
poller_output_boost table (MEMORY) gets to 512MB and that's it. But the RRD files are updated every polling cycle:

07/29/2010 08:37:51 PM - SYSTEM STATS: Time:49.7169 Method:spine Processes:10 Threads:8 Hosts:257 HostsPerProcess:26 DataSources:26815 RRDsProcessed:12101

I've tried with and without Boost Server, nothing changes.

More info & screenshots available on request.
Alice,

Can you uninstall and then re-install boost?

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
sodium
Cacti User

Post by sodium »

TheWitness wrote:Thanks. Once the test is done, you can use the configure option to use the standard POPEN in the mean time. However, please perform this test in the mean time.

TheWitness
My test machine crashed and burned :( I can't rebuild it until I get some new hardware -- which will take about 3 weeks -- about as long as my holiday :) -- sorry for that...)
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Had one like this the other day and the problem was that the user had NOT enabled from Plugin Management.

TheWitness

jmoseley

html_output patch

Post by jmoseley »

Was sodium's issue below resolved?

>clean 0.8.7g + PA 2.8
>added the 5 0.8.7g patches
>
>and the following patch will not apply:
>
>http://www.cacti.net/downloads/patches/ ... tput.patch

I assume you won't run into this issue if you're not using plugins?

Thanks.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Likely and yes.

jmoseley

Post by jmoseley »

TheWitness wrote:Likely and yes.
Thanks.
zorrosam
Cacti User

plugin management

Post by zorrosam »

jmoseley wrote:
TheWitness wrote:Likely and yes.
Thanks.
Hi all,

after an upgrade to 0.87g and PA 2.9 i can't enable the OLD PIA Plugin from the new menu.

I click on the icon 'install plugin' but no response.

any info is appreciate.

thanks

zorro
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

You have to remove it from the plugins array if it's already there. Keep in mind that old PIA plugins did not make table changes on their own.

TheWitness

zorrosam
Cacti User

maybe the beta is the problem?

Post by zorrosam »

TheWitness wrote:You have to remove it from the plugins array if it's already there. Keep in mind that old PIA plugins did not make table changes on their own.

TheWitness
it's done ... but seems that with the PIA 2.8 worked correctly ... instead with the last beta nok ...
Alice
Cacti User

Post by Alice »

I have a problem with graph filtering (only by name searching, host and template works) into List Mode: I input the search string, press on 'Go', page is reloaded, but Search box is empty and no filter is applied.

Filtering in Tree & Preview mode works ok.

Anyone else has the same problem, or should I investigate more on my side?

Thank you!
[url=http://www.x-graphs.com/]http://www.x-graphs.com[/url] [color=red]X[/color]-[color=blue]graphs[/color] :: All kind of graphs
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Patches applied? I suppose I've fixed it already ...
R.
Alice
Cacti User

Post by Alice »

Uhhmm... no, sorry. I didn't knew that patches are already out for 0.8.7g. :oops: I'll apply them and post if I have troubles anymore.