Syslog 1.0 Released

Announcements concerning Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Now I'm grumpy...

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

michaelzhao wrote:When creating alert rule, can't change the "Syslog Message Match String" field, it just doesn't take what you modified if you click on the ! sign to create the rule, or that field always shows as "0" if you click on "add" to create the rule.
IE specific Error. Researching a workaround. IE basically S^@ks.
michaelzhao wrote:When create a removals rule, after you hit "Save" or "Create", you got a blank white page in your broswer and the rule won't be created.
Fixed in current SVN. I'll be releasing 1.04-4 soon enough.
michaelzhao wrote:When you try to delete/enable/disable a report filters, you got:

<input type='submit' value='Continue' title='Disable Syslog Report(s)

beside the Cancel button.
Again another IE issue. I have resolved in latest SVN.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Ok, all resolved and a 1.04-4 on the docs site.

TheWitness

michaelzhao

Post by michaelzhao »

when try to enable it after install, getting:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function syslog_db_fetch_row() in /var/www/html/plugins/syslog/setup.php on line 164

I noticed this:

tar: syslog/setup.php: time stamp 2010-07-22 00:44:59 is 10323 s in the future
tar: syslog/syslog_alerts.php: time stamp 2010-07-22 02:03:40 is 15044 s in the future
tar: syslog/syslog_removal.php: time stamp 2010-07-22 02:03:12 is 15016 s in the future
tar: syslog/syslog_reports.php: time stamp 2010-07-22 00:40:38 is 10062 s in the future

looks like setup.php get updated. Just want make sure this is correct.

Update:
If I use the setup.php from package 1.04-3, you got all issues fixed (including the first IE specific issue) except:

Try to disable/enable/delete a removals rule, missing continue button and getting: "<input type='submit' value='Continue' title='Delete Syslog Removal Rule(s)"

Another small bug:

When try to create a report, if I leave "Report Body Text" empty , I am getting "Error: Save Failed: Field Input Error (Check Red Fields).", but actually the report get created.

Question:
I am getting bunch of
Notice: Undefined index: in /var/www/html/plugins/syslog/syslog.php on line 945
under "Alert Log" tab, what exactly those mean?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

I've fixed all the above and a few other minor issues. There appears to be a Cacti bug related to textarea's getting the red border upon save failure, that I need to open a bug report. So, that will remain open.

Thanks for all the additional testing. Keep it up! Not sure what the report output even looks like as I have not tested it. So if anyone wants to do that, it would be appreciated.

TheWitness

michaelzhao

Post by michaelzhao »

Thx TheWitness! all fixed.
r_chetanjain
Cacti User

time error

Post by r_chetanjain »

The install is showing a time an hour late than the system time.. When i check the cacti logs, it says the poller is 5:00am but the actual time on the system is 6am... So the syslog logs are delayed on the screen...

Please help.

Chetan
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Sounds like either MySQL is not configured right, or your system time is off, or syslog-ng/rsyslog is not correct.

TheWitness

Fireball.2k10

sql error in cacti log

Post by Fireball.2k10 »

After fresh install I get this errors when I open th Syslog tap

08/02/2010 11:35:55 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Cell Failed!, Error:'1054', SQL:"SELECT count(*) FROM `cacti`.`syslog` WHERE sl.host='N/A' AND logtime BETWEEN '2010-08-01 10:58' AND '2010-08-02 10:58'"
08/02/2010 11:35:55 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed!, Error:'1052', SQL:"SELECT *, 'main' AS mtype FROM `cacti`.`syslog` , `cacti`.`syslog_logs` AS sl WHERE sl.host='N/A' AND logtime BETWEEN '2010-08-01 10:58' AND '2010-08-02 10:58' ORDER BY logtime DESC LIMIT 0,30"

SQL error message:
Unknown column 'sl.host' in 'where clause'

Can't see any syslogs in the tap.

Thanks for your help!

Fireball 8)
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Resolved in 1.04-6 here: http://docs.cacti.net/_media/plugin:sys ... ache=cache

TheWitness

silverboy3

Post by silverboy3 »

in my new install of syslog plugin, refreshing option is not working, i have test it with two browser IE and FIREFOX 3.6.8
Fireball.2k10

refresh

Post by Fireball.2k10 »

Hi,

there is no refresh in the head of the syslog page

Code: Select all

<html>
<head>
	<title>Syslog Viewer</title>
	<link href="/include/main.css" rel="stylesheet">
	<link href="/plugins/syslog/images/favicon.ico" rel="shortcut icon"/>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="/include/layout.js"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="/include/jscalendar/calendar.js"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="/include/jscalendar/lang/calendar-en.js"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="/include/jscalendar/calendar-setup.js"></script>
	</head>
Fireball 8)
TheWitness
Developer

Re: refresh

Post by TheWitness »

Fireball.2k10 wrote:Hi,

there is no refresh in the head of the syslog page

Code: Select all

<html>
<head>
	<title>Syslog Viewer</title>
	<link href="/include/main.css" rel="stylesheet">
	<link href="/plugins/syslog/images/favicon.ico" rel="shortcut icon"/>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="/include/layout.js"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="/include/jscalendar/calendar.js"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="/include/jscalendar/lang/calendar-en.js"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="/include/jscalendar/calendar-setup.js"></script>
	</head>
Fireball 8)
Removed intentionally due to high query times.

TheWitness

trungtano
Cacti User

Syslog function not runing

Post by trungtano »

Hi

I have just update my cacti from 0.8.7e to 0.8.7g and all of plugin!
But with new syslog plugin v1.0.4 there is some problem, the log are coming but the Alerts, Removals and Report function did not running. The log are still there, it did not removal

Any ideal for this issue?

My Cacti version: 0.8.7g
plugin-0.8.7g-PA-v2.8
setting 0.71
syslog 1.0.4

Thanks for any help!
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

You have to enable that realm.

TheWitness