plugin for download/upload routers switches configuration

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

joseme
Cacti User

Post by joseme »

Hi:
O.o you're right , I've tried to do this with Cisco (config term ...archive--etc, etc using SCP...), but sometimes it works and others don't. So I tried this plugin and all works OK!!...Cisco has too much bugs in each IOS version....

Anyway, Someone knows how to fix the trouble that I explain in my last post ?

Thanks
networkmgmt4me

Should I Be Able to Use Script And Select Multiple Hosts ?

Post by networkmgmt4me »

Why is it when I want to use one templated script, when I choose multiple hosts via cacti ( add to config / enable ) that only the first host in the list is used for the script ? I attatched print screens of output / what I'm seeing. Please someone tell me if I should expect this to work based on how cacti works / designed. And what I could be doing wrong / need to change to accomplish what I want. This does not seem too much of a expectation. ( I want to have a script and perform it for all "added" hosts within the config manager )...

Please see me screens / output.

Thanks.
Attachments
Screens-and-Output.doc
See Print Screens and Log Output.
(45.5 KiB) Downloaded 2990 times
pauls

Post by pauls »

Hi,

I want to share a change i made. Perhaps more users have the same problem.

The compare page has a larger font then a normal page in Cacti. So i changed line 17 of css-table-scrollable-style.html to 10px.

Regards, Paul
_raindrop18
Cacti User

Post by _raindrop18 »

"I have a trouble with the presentation in "compare" menu, seems it has not format...This only happens for "compare" th rest is OK.
Also, when I select "filename to compare" , the file does not appear in the second box "

I have same problem with compare v8.1 on Solaris just like the previous question...any help highly appreciated. thanks!!!
_raindrop18
Cacti User

Post by _raindrop18 »

duplicate-ignore
sukanta
Cacti User

Post by sukanta »

Is this support to take backup of routers with TACACS.ie it has three level of password..username, passoword,enable..
johnrz

Post by johnrz »

_raindrop18 wrote:I have same problem with compare v8.1 on Solaris just like the previous question...any help highly appreciated. thanks!!!
Check permissions for cacti user
_raindrop18
Cacti User

Post by _raindrop18 »

thanks so much for your reply- cacti user has full permission on the server and on any file on cacti. also the apache user is cacti. so for me the permission is ok. other reason for that the first file f1_1.txt created under /temp . so if permission issue why the f1_1.txt file created. the problem looks like the second file (f2_2.txt) not created. don't you think the f2_2.txt should be created to compare 2 files? how it's working on your system? thanks again.
pepj2

Post by pepj2 »

_raindrop18 wrote:thanks so much for your reply- cacti user has full permission on the server and on any file on cacti. also the apache user is cacti. so for me the permission is ok. other reason for that the first file f1_1.txt created under /temp . so if permission issue why the f1_1.txt file created. the problem looks like the second file (f2_2.txt) not created. don't you think the f2_2.txt should be created to compare 2 files? how it's working on your system? thanks again.
change the rights for xxx/plugins/configmanager/temp/
1/ chown root:www-data xxx/plugins/configmanager/temp/ (www-data is the apache user, could be cacti for you)
2/ chmod g+s+w xxx/plugins/configmanager/temp/
So your cacti could create a new temporary flle for the diff
pepj2

Post by pepj2 »

sukanta wrote:Is this support to take backup of routers with TACACS.ie it has three level of password..username, passoword,enable..
normally with Tacacs you could change the level for the user (ex into level15) and so you do not need enable.
anyway until the next release (soon) you can adapt a script to pass enable.
I the next release I will add a new parameter for multiple usage, but in anycase you(or we) have to adapt a script.
pepj2

Post by pepj2 »

pauls wrote:Hi,

I want to share a change i made. Perhaps more users have the same problem.

The compare page has a larger font then a normal page in Cacti. So i changed line 17 of css-table-scrollable-style.html to 10px.

Regards, Paul
line 17 ??? please send also your change, I will check it.
pepj2

Re: Should I Be Able to Use Script And Select Multiple Hosts

Post by pepj2 »

networkmgmt4me wrote:Why is it when I want to use one templated script, when I choose multiple hosts via cacti ( add to config / enable ) that only the first host in the list is used for the script ? I attatched print screens of output / what I'm seeing. Please someone tell me if I should expect this to work based on how cacti works / designed. And what I could be doing wrong / need to change to accomplish what I want. This does not seem too much of a expectation. ( I want to have a script and perform it for all "added" hosts within the config manager )...

Please see me screens / output.

Thanks.
please send your script. because configmanager starts exactly what you see in the log (it seams the right thing). The ok in the log in only that the script has been executed. For more detail you have to adapt your script to send more info to the log.

you could also add in your script (i can see .BAT) some debug lines to send to the log llike
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO %date:~-4%-%date:~-7,2%-%date:~-10,2% %time:~0,8% ERROR with host=%3 user=%1 xxxxx dest=%4 >>%5\cfgmng_logfile.txt
(%5\cfgmng_logfile.txt should be the path to the log of configmanager)
pepj2

Re: HI

Post by pepj2 »

joseme wrote: the file does not appear in the second box (comparison's box).
Please, someone can check this.
I attach a capture.
same as raindrops18 above:
1/ chown root:www-data xxx/plugins/configmanager/temp/ (www-data is the apache user, could be cacti for you)
So your apache (cacti) could create a new temporary flle for the diff
pepj2

Post by pepj2 »

torstentfk wrote:Hi,
is it in your planning table to include the syslog-trigger through the CAMM-plugin?
I have to move from the sysloh/haloe plugin to the camm plugin due to the very hugh speedup in message-handling.
Torsten
I will do it soon (first I will post the PA2.x release in the next days, and post few later an other version for CAMM (sure) and other syslogs if I find generic way.
_raindrop18
Cacti User

Post by _raindrop18 »

pepj2 wrote:
_raindrop18 wrote:thanks so much for your reply- cacti user has full permission on the server and on any file on cacti. also the apache user is cacti. so for me the permission is ok. other reason for that the first file f1_1.txt created under /temp . so if permission issue why the f1_1.txt file created. the problem looks like the second file (f2_2.txt) not created. don't you think the f2_2.txt should be created to compare 2 files? how it's working on your system? thanks again.
So your cacti could create a new temporary flle for the diff
thanks so much for your response. I did exactly as you told me but no differeence so far. the diff file not created. I have checked on 2 cacti server I have the result is the same. here is ..../././configmanager/temp permission currently

drwxrwsr-x 2 cacti cacti_grp 1024 Jul 26 07:49 temp

and the files under ././configmanager/temp/

drwxrwsr-x 2 cacti cacti_grp 1024 Jul 26 07:49 .
drwxr-xr-x 8 cacti cacti_grp 1024 Jul 15 15:10 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti cacti_grp 0 Jul 26 07:49 diff_1.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti cacti_grp 0 Jul 26 07:49 diff_color_1.txt
-rwxr-xr-x 1 cacti cacti_grp 0 Dec 13 2005 index.php

here the ././configmanager/temp/ directory before "click" the compare button. (just when I have a reference file)

drwxrwsr-x 2 cacti cacti_grp 1024 Jul 26 08:24 .
drwxr-xr-x 8 cacti cacti_grp 1024 Jul 15 15:10 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti cacti_grp 0 Jul 26 07:49 diff_1.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti cacti_grp 0 Jul 26 07:49 diff_color_1.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 cacti cacti_grp 9898 Jul 26 08:24 f1_1.txt
-rwxr-xr-x 1 cacti cacti_grp 0 Dec 13 2005 index.php

as u see. the reference file created on /temp directory as "f1_1.txt" that's telling me apache able create file on ./configmanger/temp/ directory. the problem is the diff file wont created.

Note :- please check the attachment for screen shoot. as you see even though select the comparison's file. the reference file show (test-2 file) but the comparison file section still say "need two text or zipped files. even though already select (test-2 file) .
any idea....??? thanks much
Attachments
configmanager.jpg
configmanager.jpg (139.9 KiB) Viewed 17408 times