Problems with weathermap : no valid data

Support questions about the Network Weather Map plugin

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

spz

Problems with weathermap : no valid data

Post by spz »

Hi !

I have a problem with weathermap.

Everything began when I wished to import a template to juniper SRX, after that, when I wanted to create a graph new, it marked me " Error no Data query ". I had found the source of this problem, it missed " < > " in the parameters of " Data query ".

Now I meet a problem with weathermap 0.97a, there is no more graphs on maps, by going to logs, I have this:

Code: Select all

WEATHERMAP: Poller[0] WARNING: [Map 14] CP1.conf: ReadData: LINK CP1-CRIC-116-DP113.3, target: /usr/local/cacti/rra/cp1-cric-116_traffic_in_458.rrd on config line 89 of /usr/local/cacti/plugins/weathermap/configs/CP1.conf had no valid data, according to WeatherMapDataSource_rrd
I have full of errors of this type, by going to the file CP1.conf to the line indicated in the log, the target is good.

You can help me to resolve my problem please.

Thank you

:cry:
dionvdc

Re: Problems with weathermap : no valid data

Post by dionvdc »

spz wrote:Hi !

I have a problem with weathermap.

Everything began when I wished to import a template to juniper SRX, after that, when I wanted to create a graph new, it marked me " Error no Data query ". I had found the source of this problem, it missed " < > " in the parameters of " Data query ".

Now I meet a problem with weathermap 0.97a, there is no more graphs on maps, by going to logs, I have this:

Code: Select all

WEATHERMAP: Poller[0] WARNING: [Map 14] CP1.conf: ReadData: LINK CP1-CRIC-116-DP113.3, target: /usr/local/cacti/rra/cp1-cric-116_traffic_in_458.rrd on config line 89 of /usr/local/cacti/plugins/weathermap/configs/CP1.conf had no valid data, according to WeatherMapDataSource_rrd
I have full of errors of this type, by going to the file CP1.conf to the line indicated in the log, the target is good.

You can help me to resolve my problem please.

Thank you

:cry:
It means that your cp1-cric-116_traffic_in_458.rrd doesn't contain usable data for your link.
Is the graph belonging to this RRD still working properly?
What does rrdlast(update) or rrdfetch last display?
If any are the values expected with regards to the DS?
esathler

Post by esathler »

I have the same problem, but it only happens once in a while ... usually when the amount of traffic increases (but it is within the proper DS). The weird thing is that I can see the graph for the mentioned interface ... ie, the RRD is working fine and cacti shows me the graphs fine... but the link shows black in the weathermap because of the no valid data message.

thanks.
spz

Post by spz »

Hello

Bizarrely, by going in:

Graph Management
I choose the network interface
Save

I have to make that in every network interface on all my switches.

Other question, is it possible to modify ID of graphs?

Edit : In fact my manipuliation does not still work

Is it a good idea to delete all the graphs and to recreate them?
dionvdc

Post by dionvdc »

spz wrote:Hello

Bizarrely, by going in:

Graph Management
I choose the network interface
Save

I have to make that in every network interface on all my switches.
And what does it solve for you.

Other question, is it possible to modify ID of graphs?
Not from within Cacti.
Edit : In fact my manipuliation does not still work
Which is, you only wrote about importing a template.
Is it a good idea to delete all the graphs and to recreate them?
You'll lose your data or will have to modify the rrd path for data queries afterwards.[/quote]
spz

Post by spz »

I know that I am going to lose my data.

I have just noticed that the problem comes Dated Sources, indeed, when I create a graph new, after 5 minutes of wait, the graph does not display.

If we compare an interface which works and an interface which I have just created:

:o
spz

Post by spz »

up please :cry:
dionvdc

Post by dionvdc »

It look like your import of an juniper template broke something.
I don't know that template but perhaps you could restore the cacti database (only settings changed since then)
spz

Post by spz »

Hi

Do you have a procedure to restore cacti?

Is it possible to make a new installation, then to import maps (with the weathermap database), macktrack (with its database), but also graphs ?

Is it possible to restore the database from files MYD, MYI and frm situated in /var/lib/mysql/cacti ?

Thank you for your answer :(