Windows Performance Monitor monitoring tool

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Lux
Cacti User

Windows Performance Monitor monitoring tool

Post by Lux »

I have recently found a cool little tool for tracking the windows performane monitor without using SNMP. The program, along with a short description can be found here: http://members.optusnet.com.au/picuspic ... rfmon.html

One of our systems guys set this up on a few of his servers, so I can't help you with the setup process. However, the RRD files that thesescripts produce can be integrated into cacti without much trouble.

The short solution is:
1 set up the data collection scripts on the server that you want to monitor.
2 create a link from the rrd folder on the monitored server to the rra folder in your cacti installation.
3 create a data template for the new rrd files
4 create a graph template for the perfmon graphs
5 manually create a data source for each of the new rrd files using your new perfmon data source template
6 manually create a graph for each of the perfmon datasources that you just added to the system.

I haven't fully tested this yet, but it looks promising. The systems guys are using a 60 second polling interval, while the remainder of my cacti system is using a 5 minute interval. I have absolutely no problems graphing these two polling intervals on the same server.

I know that this is ugly at the moment, but it seems to work. If anyone has any ideas about how to better integrate this into Cacti I would love to hear about it.

Mike
shreekarthik

Re:

Post by shreekarthik »

Is this method working for you? We are trying to do the same kind of thing at our work place and I would like to know if you had any success in this method.

Thanks,
Jaya.