Telnet INFOURL

Support questions about the Network Weather Map plugin

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

sergey_taurus

Telnet INFOURL

Post by sergey_taurus »

Hello everyone,

I am trying to make my weathermap more functional and have some "buttons" which link to telnet url. The way I see it: I would like to have a node\label which is "clickable" and is capable of execution external telnet application with some predefined parameters. For example, I have a node and a "button" beside it, I can click the button and browser just handles it like cmd\shell link and just pops up a telnet window launched from system shell and passes hostname etc into it. In this case, I would have a map and quick links to telnet consoles to any node on the map, which can be very handy.

I am not sure if it is possible in any way, but if anyone has any thoughts of how it could be implemented (maybe using some additional plugins) - I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Re: Telnet INFOURL

Post by Howie »

sergey_taurus wrote:Hello everyone,

I am trying to make my weathermap more functional and have some "buttons" which link to telnet url. The way I see it: I would like to have a node\label which is "clickable" and is capable of execution external telnet application with some predefined parameters. For example, I have a node and a "button" beside it, I can click the button and browser just handles it like cmd\shell link and just pops up a telnet window launched from system shell and passes hostname etc into it. In this case, I would have a map and quick links to telnet consoles to any node on the map, which can be very handy.

I am not sure if it is possible in any way, but if anyone has any thoughts of how it could be implemented (maybe using some additional plugins) - I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
If your browser is set up correctly, telnet://some.host.name/ is a valid URL. No need for plugins, just use that in the INFOURL for the node you want to click on.
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)
sergey_taurus

Post by sergey_taurus »

Howie wrote: If your browser is set up correctly, telnet://some.host.name/ is a valid URL. No need for plugins, just use that in the INFOURL for the node you want to click on.
Thanks. I will give it a try.
sergey_taurus

Post by sergey_taurus »

One extra quick question: is there any possibility to use html code to control INFOURL behavior and open external html pages in the new window?
dionvdc

Post by dionvdc »

sergey_taurus wrote:One extra quick question: is there any possibility to use html code to control INFOURL behavior and open external html pages in the new window?
You should use NOTES instead if you want to use HTML etc.
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

sergey_taurus wrote:One extra quick question: is there any possibility to use html code to control INFOURL behavior and open external html pages in the new window?
No, but it's a common request. I'll look at adding it in the next version.
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)