Report plugin ''ReportIt" - v0.7.5a (released 23/12/11)

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Yes, there is a way: Upgrade to 0.7.2, edit one of your measurands and you will see the new settings for the formatting. With this new version the exports will exactly have the format you're looking for. No raw data included in the export files any longer - everything will be formatted like seen in the report view.

Best regards
-Andreas-
Hat das Blümchen einen Knick, war der Schmetterling zu dick! ;)
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
browniebraun
Developer

Re: Number of exported reports ever increasing

Post by browniebraun »

wulfhere wrote:I figured it out. Thanks for your help!

The actual formula I'm using is this:

Total Number of Polls with no sync:

Code: Select all

(f_num*2)-f_sum
Percentage Available:

100-((((f_num*2)-f_sum)/f_num)*100)
Which gives me percentage availability. One thing I noticed is that when I export it, the percentage seems to get rounded to 2 decimal places, but when I view the report within Cacti, it's out to 12 decimal places (which is preferable). Is there a way to specify the number of significant digits that gets exported?

Once I've got this done, I'll be happy to post the template (although it's pretty specific...).

--
Tim
Cool, I'm really impressed. I did not think about the fact that you will receive a "1" if the link is out of sync. If you would like to save some brackets you could also write:

100-((f_num*2-f_num)/f_num)*100
Last but not least upgrade to 0.7.2 to format the results in that way you would like to see them.

Best regards
-Andreas-
Last edited by browniebraun on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
wulfhere

Post by wulfhere »

browniebraun wrote:Yes, there is a way: Upgrade to 0.7.2, edit one of your measurands and you will see the new settings for the formatting. With this new version the exports will exactly have the format you're looking for. No raw data included in the export files any longer - everything will be formatted like seen in the report view.

Best regards
-Andreas-
I upgraded to 0.7.2, but now none none of my reports have any data! The report templates all seem to be there, and I see the new options when I go to edit the measurands (although the decimal places doesn't seem to 'take' when I hit save). Do I need to recreate them?

Thanks again for your help!

-Tim
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

No, you do not have to run them again!

Go to plugin management, click on "disable", after that click on "enable" to run the upgrade procedure.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
wulfhere

Post by wulfhere »

browniebraun wrote:No, you do not have to run them again!

Go to plugin management, click on "disable", after that click on "enable" to run the upgrade procedure.

Best regards
-Andreas-
That doesn't seem to have worked. I disabled it, then enabled it. I also totally uninstalled it, reinstalled 0.7.1 (which worked fine - except for the rounding), then uninstalled 0.7.1, and reinstalled 0.7.2.

It seems like a permissions problem of some kind? For example, when I make changes to the Formatting, they aren't saved (i.e. if I go back to editing that same measurand, the changes I made previously are not there).

Also, I cannot create NEW measurands. I CAN create new variables, and also new templates (but can't create new measurands there, either).

Any ideas?

-Tim
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

wulfhere wrote:
browniebraun wrote:No, you do not have to run them again!

Best regards
-Andreas-
That doesn't seem to have worked. I disabled it, then enabled it. I also totally uninstalled it, reinstalled 0.7.1 (which worked fine - except for the rounding), then uninstalled 0.7.1, and reinstalled 0.7.2.

It seems like a permissions problem of some kind? For example, when I make changes to the Formatting, they aren't saved (i.e. if I go back to editing that same measurand, the changes I made previously are not there).

Also, I cannot create NEW measurands. I CAN create new variables, and also new templates (but can't create new measurands there, either).

Any ideas?

-Tim

Tim, please verify that the new columns called "data_type" and "data_precision" are available in table reportit_measurands and reportit_cache_measurands.

Login to your mysql server using the CLI or PhpMyAdmin and execute:

SHOW COLUMNS FROM reportit_measurands;
SHOW COLUMNS FROM reportit_cache_measurands;
If that is not the case execute following commands:

ALTER TABLE `reportit_measurands`
				ADD `data_type` SMALLINT NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
				ADD `data_precision` SMALLINT NOT NULL DEFAULT '2';
ALTER TABLE `reportit_cache_measurands`

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
wulfhere

Post by wulfhere »

If that is not the case execute following commands:

ALTER TABLE `reportit_measurands`
ALTER TABLE `reportit_cache_measurands`
That was the problem! Thanks a lot, and once I've got this (admittedly simple) report fixed up, I'll post it. Thank you again!!

-Tim
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

You're welcome! :)
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
NetAdmin
Cacti User

Working Time Presets

Post by NetAdmin »

I'm using the latest version (0.7.2) of this plugin, and created a report with a working time (see attached - IMG1), however, when I run the report and view graph format and hover the mouse over any one of the RRD links (see attached - IMG2) it shows the default working time of 00:00 - 24:00. I'm assuming the the data values contained in the report are not the desired result of values from working hours only.

Appreciate anyone's assistance.

Regards,

NetAdmin
Attachments
IMG1
IMG1
IMG1.PNG (27.01 KiB) Viewed 17804 times
IMG2
IMG2
IMG2.PNG (29.84 KiB) Viewed 17804 times
browniebraun
Developer

Re: Working Time Presets

Post by browniebraun »

NetAdmin wrote:I'm using the latest version (0.7.2) of this plugin, and created a report with a working time (see attached - IMG1), however, when I run the report and view graph format and hover the mouse over any one of the RRD links (see attached - IMG2) it shows the default working time of 00:00 - 24:00. I'm assuming the the data values contained in the report are not the desired result of values from working hours only.

Appreciate anyone's assistance.

Regards,

NetAdmin
There is an easy explanation for this effect:
"Data item presets" is a kind of a template being used if data items will be added to the list calculation objects. It does not have any effect to data items which have been added before.
Take a look at the list of your data items and you will see that they are all configured with the default setting (Mo-Sun,0-24,GMT). Add one data item and then you will see that it has used your presets.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
NetAdmin
Cacti User

Post by NetAdmin »

Thanks Andreas. Makes sense. So, if I manually edit each data item and put in the proper shifttime (from - to) and re-run the report I do see the correct values. I realize that the graphs will display a 24-hour clock, but so long as I can be sure that the data values contained in the report are really from the shifttime then I'm good.

Excellent plugin. :D
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

NetAdmin wrote:Thanks Andreas. Makes sense. So, if I manually edit each data item and put in the proper shifttime (from - to) and re-run the report I do see the correct values. I realize that the graphs will display a 24-hour clock, but so long as I can be sure that the data values contained in the report are really from the shifttime then I'm good.

Excellent plugin. :D
You only have to edit one data item manually. After that select the item and choose "Copy settings to all". ;)
I could change the period for graphing as long as it is not more than a day. If the report period is set to a week, or two days for example then it wouldn't make sense.

Best regards
-Andreas-

PS: Many thanks for your positive feedback.
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Hinzel

Post by Hinzel »

Really cool plugin... have run into an issue and am not sure if there is a way to solve this.

Is there a way to compare 2 items and return the larger one?

I ask this as I am attempting to setup 95th percentile reports, which work as is right now. However the way that 95th works with most of our providers works is the larger of the inbound OR outbound is the value that is used.

So as of right now, when I calculate the 95th for a series of links and use the "Sum" function on the report, the 95th Sum at the bottom is actually incorrect.

What I would like to do is compare the traffic_out to the value in the traffic_in DS and return the larger of the 2 for each link.

Thanks!
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Hinzel wrote:Really cool plugin... have run into an issue and am not sure if there is a way to solve this.

Is there a way to compare 2 items and return the larger one?

I ask this as I am attempting to setup 95th percentile reports, which work as is right now. However the way that 95th works with most of our providers works is the larger of the inbound OR outbound is the value that is used.

So as of right now, when I calculate the 95th for a series of links and use the "Sum" function on the report, the 95th Sum at the bottom is actually incorrect.

What I would like to do is compare the traffic_out to the value in the traffic_in DS and return the larger of the 2 for each link.

Thanks!
Hello Hinzel!

Many thanks for your feedback.
I'm planning to release 0.7.3 within the next weeks which will include some bug fixes and some improvements. Please open a feature request:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=201406&atid=977438.
That makes it easy for me to keep requests in mind. ;)
I want to implement that feature by generating automatically additional interim results per measurand:
For example: If a measurand named "AVG" has been calculated then you will be able to use additional interim results like AVG:_highest, AVG:_lowest, AVG:_sum, AVG:_avg in another measurand.
That's the plan.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Hinzel

Post by Hinzel »

browniebraun wrote: Hello Hinzel!

Many thanks for your feedback.
I'm planning to release 0.7.3 within the next weeks which will include some bug fixes and some improvements. Please open a feature request:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=201406&atid=977438.
That makes it easy for me to keep requests in mind. ;)
I want to implement that feature by generating automatically additional interim results per measurand:
For example: If a measurand named "AVG" has been calculated then you will be able to use additional interim results like AVG:_highest, AVG:_lowest, AVG:_sum, AVG:_avg in another measurand.
That's the plan.

Best regards
-Andreas-
would it be possible to do it this way?

f_high(value#1, value#2)

and have the function return the highest of the 2?

For example, you could calculate the 95th of traffic_in and traffic_out, then pass both values to the function and it would return the highest.

95th = f_xth(95)*8
highest = f_high(95th:traffic_in, 95th:traffic_out)

or something like that? would be pretty easy to make a f_low as well based on that criteria

edit: actually i believe this should do. just trying to figure out how to plug it into reportit.

#cat funct_calculate.php

function f_high(&$array, &$p_cache, $value1, $value2) {

if(empty($array)) {
                $p_cache['f_high'] = REPORTIT_NAN;
                return $p_cache['f_high'];
        }

if ($value1 > $value2) {
                $p_cache['f_high'] = $value1;
        } else {
                $p_cache['f_high'] = $value2;
        }