PostNuke wrapper module for Cacti

Addons for Cacti and discussion about those addons

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

BWare

PostNuke wrapper module for Cacti

Post by BWare »

Heyaz,

I have mocked up a PostNuke module for Cacti. All it does is allowing postnuke registred users to use cacti based on a specified template user (much like the ldap way cacti uses now).

If people are interested, I'd be willing to put it online for download.

The postnuke module is pretty generic and the modifications to cacti's auth_login.php, config_settings.php and sql tables are minor.

So, let me know if anyone's interested (rax ?) and I'll put it online.
--
Regardz,
BWare

Post by Guest »

TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

BWare,

I am not familiar with PostNuke, could you state a paragraph of two in your own words on it's function and application.

Thanks,

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
BWare

Post by BWare »

Let's see if I can, for there are a lot of things you can do with it ;)

PostNuke is a PHP based Content Management System in short.

It is designed to build community based portals using a modular aproach. There are a lot of modules available to enable the administrator to add a wide variety of functionality to their PostNuke based WebSite, varying from message boards to blogs, from Customer Relation Management to shoutboxes.

It has a build-in security system which is rather complete.
It is used by both individuals and companies to publish their content, shops, news, etcetera.

More info (from the developers) can be found on the About PostNuke site.
--
Regardz,
BWare

Post by Guest »

This has been a dream of mine... A postnuke wrapped version of cacti running that game server script. I cant even get that script to work so .. i guess thats 2 dreams .. heh.

Make it ..and they will come. :wink:
BWare

Post by BWare »

The first public beta release of the module is avaible at:

http://noc.postnuke.com/projects/pncacti/

Note that it is a quick mockup, but it has been working for us since my first post here :)
--
Regardz,
BWare
BWare

Post by BWare »

Well, I fixed some minor issues and added support for cacti-0.8.6b... So if anyone is interested, it can be found on the same url as posted before.
--
Regardz,
BWare
egarnel
Cacti Pro User

Post by egarnel »

Do you have a demo site or screenshot of it?
I would like to be able to wrap Cacti, BigBrother & some other pages into a nice portal
BWare

Post by BWare »

I don't have a demo at the moment... I will try to post a screenshot later today.
--
Regardz,
BWare
BWare

Post by BWare »

Here's the snapshot... the names have been changed to protect the innocent ;)
Attachments
pnCacti in action (snapshot)
pnCacti in action (snapshot)
pnCacti-snapshot.jpg (62.46 KiB) Viewed 9729 times
--
Regardz,
BWare
egarnel
Cacti Pro User

Post by egarnel »

Looks cool. I installed postnuke on my Cacti server yesterday and am still reading up on the integration. From what I can tell, the module is designed to run on the same server or one that is accessible for db queries
BWare

Post by BWare »

You can specify an url to your cacti install (on a different server). It does not really matter, as long as you modified the required files, which are in the application directory of the module.

You can redirect comments on the module/docs via private message, or send me an e-mail.
--
Regardz,
BWare
Burke

Post by Burke »

I left the Postnuke camp a long time ago in favor of MDPro. Nearly every module for PN can be used with MDPro. I would love to see this site converted over to MDPro or Postnuke with Cacti as a fully integrated module. Since that probably won't happen anytime soon, I've simply been using the PostWrap module to integrate Cacti into my environment.

I have used Postnuke, Envolution, and MDPro for Internet hosting sites, community portals, and corporate Intranets for various clients. The variety of modules, themes, and blocks that are available for these Open Source CMS systems make them excellent choices for a broad range of purposes.
Burke - MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, CNE, CCA, CCNA, LPIC-1
[url=http://www.technicalvalues.com]My Website[/url] ::[url=http://www.technicalvalues.net]Domain Registrations, SSL Certs, and Hosting[/url]