Report plugin ''ReportIt" - v0.7.5a (released 23/12/11)

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

istein001
Cacti User

Re: Since Reportit 0.7.1 Upgrade Variable "maxValue&

Post by istein001 »

istein001 wrote:
browniebraun wrote:
j-munroe wrote:Hi,

Has anyone else had their maxValue variable under measurands disappear? It was there before but since upgrading I've noticed it no longer is available?

Anyone else seen this...or more importantly know how to fix it? :-)
Did you change the maximum value of your data template?The variable "maxValue" will only be available if "maximum" is neither empty nor zero.
Are there error messages listed in the Cacti log?

Best regards
-Andreas-
Seeing this same issue... upgraded to 0.7.1, maxValue is no longer there. I've checked and unchecked Maximum for the data template, as well as tried it with a value and without. Anyone figure this one out?
Figured it out... previously had "10000000000" because of ten gig interfaces. Even when 'per data source' was checked, i had to make this a lower number (like 1) and maxValue came back. maxValue must be an integer or long int or something, because the excessively large value i had in there cause dot to roll-over.
rprimrose

Can't get it working under 0.8.7g...

Post by rprimrose »

Cacti Version - 0.8.7g
Plugin Architecture - 2.8
Poller Type - CMD.php
Server Info - Linux 2.6.25-14.fc9.i686
Web Server - Apache/2.2.9 (Fedora)
PHP - 5.2.9
PHP Extensions - libxml, xml, wddx, tokenizer, sysvshm, sysvsem, sysvmsg, session, pcre, SimpleXML, sockets, SPL, shmop, standard, Reflection, posix, iconv, hash, gmp, gettext, ftp, filter, exif, date, curl, ctype, calendar, bz2, zlib, openssl, apache2handler, dbase, dom, gd, json, ldap, mbstring, mysql, mysqli, PDO, pdo_mysql, pdo_sqlite, snmp, xmlreader, xmlwriter, xsl, zip
MySQL - 5.0.77
RRDTool - 1.3.8
SNMP - 5.4.1
Plugins
  • Nagios plugin for Cacti (npc - v2.0.4)
    Global Plugin Settings (settings - v0.5)
    Host Info (hostinfo - v0.2)
    Thresholds (thold - v0.4.1)
    Device Tracking (mactrack - v1.1)
    Cacti-ReportIt (reportit - v0.7.2)
Shows up in hostinfo, but not listed in plugin management console, can't enable it in user management, and no reports tab in settings...

Ideas?

Thanks
rprimrose

Re: Can't get it working under 0.8.7g...

Post by rprimrose »

rprimrose wrote: Shows up in hostinfo, but not listed in plugin management console, can't enable it in user management, and no reports tab in settings...

Ideas?

Thanks
Problem solved....
bapho

Post by bapho »

Hi ,

i've installed reportit 0.7.1 on my cacti 8.7e and it's a great tool, but i've some weird problem with the plugin.

Everytime i create a report manually, it's created right and i can see the correct values in my reports.

But if i run it via cronjob , there values are totally messed up.

For example, i run a report on my F5 Load Balancers to see which pool produces the highest connection rate. If it'is run manually via the Cacti Webinterface a see the correct calcuted values from the rrd values ( e.g. 402 cons/sek ), but if i run it via console ( php runtime.php xxx ) the values for mostly all of the pools are the same ( almost all Pools have 9cons/sek ). I'm wondering whats the difference if i run the report via webinterface and the console and where the report gets the values.

If needed, i can add some screenshots to make it easier to understand what my problem is.

Your help is much appreciated !

Regards

Christopher
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Hi Christopher!

At first you should make an update to the new version 0.7.2, which will work on 0.8.7e, (f) and g.
Additionally it offers some little improvements like a more comfortable formatting function.

Regarding the issues you are seeing: Are you using the default type of connection or the php bindings for RRDtool?

Best regards
-Andreas-
Hat das Blümchen einen Knick, war der Schmetterling zu dick! ;)
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
bapho

Post by bapho »

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your fast reply !

I've tried 0.7.2 but there was no change. I've also tried the prepatched files (for version 0.7.1 ) here in this thread.

Right now i'am using the default cacti rrdtool bindings ( RRDTool Cacti Slow )

Regards

Christopher
istein001
Cacti User

0.7.1 -> 0.7.2

Post by istein001 »

I've upgraded from 0.7.1 to 0.7.2, and it seems the values don't get displayed in the reports anymore. When changing to graph view I can see values attached to the bar...so they are there.

I tried re-install the plugin, as well as re-running reports multiple times. When i copy the old 0.7.1 files over the 0.7.2. files without installing/reinstalling the values show up in summary mode fine.

There my be a display bug somewhere in 0.7.2.
drh

Number of exported reports ever increasing

Post by drh »

The number of exported reports keep on increasing even if the report's 'Auto Generated Archive' is set to a limited number.
I have one set to max at 60 reports, but am well over that already.

Any suggestions? (apart from upgrading from 0.7.1 to 0.7.2 which I realy dread to do in fear of breaking the reports ;-)

Reagrds,
Koen
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

bapho wrote:Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your fast reply !

I've tried 0.7.2 but there was no change. I've also tried the prepatched files (for version 0.7.1 ) here in this thread.

Right now i'am using the default cacti rrdtool bindings ( RRDTool Cacti Slow )

Regards

Christopher
Christopher,

please clone your report configuration, reduce the number of data items to a single one and then create a debug file using the CLI and following command.

Code: Select all

runtime.php --debug -v YOUR_REPORT_ID > debug.txt
Send me the debug file you've generated.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
browniebraun
Developer

Re: 0.7.1 -> 0.7.2

Post by browniebraun »

istein001 wrote:I've upgraded from 0.7.1 to 0.7.2, and it seems the values don't get displayed in the reports anymore. When changing to graph view I can see values attached to the bar...so they are there.

I tried re-install the plugin, as well as re-running reports multiple times. When i copy the old 0.7.1 files over the 0.7.2. files without installing/reinstalling the values show up in summary mode fine.

At first you're right. The values are there and it is an issue with the presentation.
Blessedly you did not run the uninstall script! :) A downgrade from 0.7.2 to 0.7.1 should work without issues due to the fact that 0.7.2 will only add two additional columns to the data base.
I've the feeling that the database upgrade has not been executed yet.

Please verify that the new columns are there:
Login to your mysql server using the CLI or PhpMyAdmin and execute:

SHOW COLUMNS FROM reportit_measurands
and

SHOW COLUMNS FROM reportit_cache_measurands
You should see two new columns called 'data_type' and 'data_precision'.
If they are not there, then switch over to Cacti and go to Console->Plugin Management. There click on "disable" and then on "enable" within the ReportIt section. After that the both tables should be altered.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
wulfhere

Link Availability Percentage

Post by wulfhere »

We're already using ReportIt to report on our backbone utilization, and it works great. Thank you for an excellent plugin!

My question is this:

I have several devices that I graph link availability on. Basically, each graph return 2 if the link is up, and 1 if the link is down.

I'm trying to build a report that would give me link availability percenage based on this information. It shouldn't be hard: count the number of polls where the device returned '1' and divide by the (<Total number of days in the report> X 1440).

Unfortunately, I'm pretty fuzzy on how to accomplish this. Any help would extremely appreciated!

--Tim
browniebraun
Developer

Re: Number of exported reports ever increasing

Post by browniebraun »

drh wrote:The number of exported reports keep on increasing even if the report's 'Auto Generated Archive' is set to a limited number.
I have one set to max at 60 reports, but am well over that already.

Any suggestions? (apart from upgrading from 0.7.1 to 0.7.2 which I realy dread to do in fear of breaking the reports ;-)

Reagrds,
Koen
That settings is only for the zip archive. :roll: Should there also be a separate settings for the exporting functionality? If that is the case then open a feature request please. (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=201406&atid=977438). This is really, really important for me to track feature requests. As you know on your own it is nearly impossible to find old messages in this bunch of more than 600 postings.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
browniebraun
Developer

Re: Link Availability Percentage

Post by browniebraun »

wulfhere wrote:We're already using ReportIt to report on our backbone utilization, and it works great. Thank you for an excellent plugin!

My question is this:

I have several devices that I graph link availability on. Basically, each graph return 2 if the link is up, and 1 if the link is down.

I'm trying to build a report that would give me link availability percenage based on this information. It shouldn't be hard: count the number of polls where the device returned '1' and divide by the (<Total number of days in the report> X 1440).

Unfortunately, I'm pretty fuzzy on how to accomplish this. Any help would extremely appreciated!

--Tim
Hi Tim,

From my point of view you can use following calculation formula:

(f_sum/(f_num*2))*100
The maximum value can only be the number of measurements per day multiplied with 2. The sum of measurements has to be equal (100% availability) or lower (e.g. 95% availability) than this value.
That should work as long as Cacti receives valid results and we no have NaNs. If you have NaNs than it becomes difficult, because you do not know if the link was up or down.

Best regards
-Andreas-

BTW: I would be really, really happy if people like you would export those nice report templates and share it with the community. :wink:
(see http://forums.cacti.net/post-167793.html)
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
istein001
Cacti User

Re: 0.7.1 -> 0.7.2

Post by istein001 »

browniebraun wrote:
istein001 wrote:I've upgraded from 0.7.1 to 0.7.2, and it seems the values don't get displayed in the reports anymore. When changing to graph view I can see values attached to the bar...so they are there.

At first you're right. The values are there and it is an issue with the presentation.
Blessedly you did not run the uninstall script! :) A downgrade from 0.7.2 to 0.7.1 should work without issues due to the fact that 0.7.2 will only add two additional columns to the data base.
I've the feeling that the database upgrade has not been executed yet.

Please verify that the new columns are there:
Login to your mysql server using the CLI or PhpMyAdmin and execute:

SHOW COLUMNS FROM reportit_measurands
and

SHOW COLUMNS FROM reportit_cache_measurands
You should see two new columns called 'data_type' and 'data_precision'.
If they are not there, then switch over to Cacti and go to Console->Plugin Management. There click on "disable" and then on "enable" within the ReportIt section. After that the both tables should be altered.

Best regards
-Andreas-
Worked like a charm... copied the 0.7.2 back over and did disable/enable and the columns you were referencing showed up in SQL. Now the results are displayed correctly as well in Cacti.

Thank you!
wulfhere

Re: Number of exported reports ever increasing

Post by wulfhere »

I figured it out. Thanks for your help!

The actual formula I'm using is this:

Total Number of Polls with no sync:

(f_num*2)-f_sum
Percentage Available:

100-((((f_num*2)-f_sum)/f_num)*100)
Which gives me percentage availability. One thing I noticed is that when I export it, the percentage seems to get rounded to 2 decimal places, but when I view the report within Cacti, it's out to 12 decimal places (which is preferable). Is there a way to specify the number of significant digits that gets exported?

Once I've got this done, I'll be happy to post the template (although it's pretty specific...).

--
Tim