help! reportit can't get the minimum data!

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

armstrongzhao

help! reportit can't get the minimum data!

Post by armstrongzhao »

I set up Cacti on win 2003. The plugin reportit works cool. I want to get the weekly report of CMTS Signal Noise Ratio(SNR). After run the CMTS SNR weekly report, the reportit displayed the warnings:
REPORTIT WARNING: RRDfetch: Can not open rrdfile or CF 'MIN' does not match. Report[3] Data Item[3860].
The measurands, average and max got data, but the minimum and last do not, MIN and LAST are N/A.

The CMTS SNR shoud have the min data, because it displayed on the SNR picture. The cmts snr template should be fine.

What's CF? Consolidation Function?
Attachments
mindata.jpg
mindata.jpg (26.14 KiB) Viewed 2995 times
snr.jpg
snr.jpg (88.71 KiB) Viewed 2995 times
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Yep, CF stands for "Consolidation function". In this case the RRDfile does not contain a MIN archive (and probably a LAST archive as you said). Please keep in mind that you can have a min, max, average or last value for every archive. Regarding your graph I assume everything is based on the average archive. So you are looking for the lowest average value instead of the lowest minimum value. :wink:

Best regards
-Andreas-
Hat das Blümchen einen Knick, war der Schmetterling zu dick! ;)
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
armstrongzhao

Post by armstrongzhao »

Hi, thanks for your reply. :D

Do you mean that the MIN and MAX are based on the averge archive? If so, why the MAX is avaiable on the report, but the min one is not? I am looking for the lowest Minimum SNR, highest Maximum SNR and Average SNR during the schedule week, instead of the minimum average, maximum average and average snr only based on the average data.
Attachments
minsetting.jpg
minsetting.jpg (79.97 KiB) Viewed 2953 times
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

I assume that MIN and Max within your graph are based on the Average archive. Click on the wrench button right beside the graph, then you will see in detail which archives are in use.
If that is the case then use f_min and f_max within your calculation formula to get the maximum / minimum value of the average archive during the reporting period.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
armstrongzhao

Post by armstrongzhao »

Hi, the belowing is the detail of the snr rrd. I am not sure whether it is based on the average archive.

C:/rrdtool/rrdtool.exe graph - \
--imgformat=PNG \
--start=1271475279 \
--end=1271561679 \
--title="CB-CMTS22 64.138- 0/0 U0 SNR" \
--base=1000 \
--height=120 \
--width=550 \
--alt-autoscale-max \
--lower-limit=0 \
COMMENT:"From 2010/04/17 03\:34\:39 To 2010/04/18 03\:34\:39\c" \
COMMENT:" \n" \
--vertical-label="dB" \
--slope-mode \
--font TITLE:12: \
--font AXIS:8: \
--font LEGEND:10: \
--font UNIT:8: \
DEF:a="C\:/Inetpub/wwwroot/cacti/rra/cb-cmts22_64_138_snr000_3510.rrd":SNR000:AVERAGE \
LINE1:a#8D00BAFF:"SNR " \
GPRINT:a:LAST:"Current%8.0lf" \
GPRINT:a:MIN:"Minimum%8.0lf" \
GPRINT:a:AVERAGE:"Average%8.0lf" \
GPRINT:a:MAX:"Maximum%8.0lf\n"

If both of the min and max are based on the average archive, why the report can get MAX? But the min is NA?
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

As expected all these values are based on the AVERAGE archive
(DEF:a=" ... snr000_3510.rrd":SNR000:AVERAGE \ ). Now modify your report template to use the average CF only within your measurands. To calculate the highest, lowest, averaged and current value use f_min(), f_max(), f_last() and f_avg() in your calculation formulas.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
armstrongzhao

Post by armstrongzhao »

Hi, man

Thanks for your reply!

Do you mean that I can only get average data, because the report is based on the average archive? The MIN will not be available, even if the CF has been choosen correctly, f_min?

I have choosen the f_min as min CF. The picture is the current Measurand configuration of the report which min data is NA.

Sorry about my poor English.
Attachments
min-MC.png
min-MC.png (23.71 KiB) Viewed 2706 times
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

As you correctly said in your first posting your rrdfiles are only containing the maximum and average archive. These are the only CFs you can use for your calculations.
However, use the following settings to get the same results like shown in your graph.

Best regards
-Andreas-
Attachments
average.png
average.png (40.38 KiB) Viewed 2686 times
maximum.png
maximum.png (237.39 KiB) Viewed 2686 times
minimum.png
minimum.png (55.86 KiB) Viewed 2686 times
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
armstrongzhao

Post by armstrongzhao »

Cheers man!

:D

I got it!