if_Alias not pulling cisco inter description

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

windet

if_Alias not pulling cisco inter description

Post by windet »

I am trying to pull interface description from Cisco 6509,
I used |host_description| - |query_ifAlias|, somehow I am getting |query_ifAlias| on my graph title
I ran snmpwalk command and I am able to see my switch port description, looks like query parameter not right how to pull the description: Cacti install on Windows2003 server.
let me know if I can provide more details.
Thanks
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

not a windows specific problem, moving.

Try using the 'reapply suggested graph names' from the dropdown in Graph Management.
windet

Post by windet »

I already try "Reapply suggested Names" but it take me back to my default settings: which is |host_description|-Traffic-|query_ifName|
I checked and it looks like only if_Alias query not getting its result!
matej_v

Post by matej_v »

Try running the data query in verbose mode:

Go to Console -> Devices -> click on your 6509 -> click on "Verbose Query" next to "SNMP - Interface Statistics". See if you get appropriate ifAlias values there.
windet

Post by windet »

After Verbose Query" next to "SNMP - Interface Statistics, now I am able to see interface description under Data Srouces, but I am still not able to see interface description from graph Managmenet view?
Not sure what I am missing.....
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

The router have a ton of interfaces? Possibly need to increase the snmp timeout and/or snmpget size (only applies to spine).

Does the data properly show up in the 'create graphs for this device' screen? If not, then cacti won't be able to put it in the graph titles either.
Lithium

Post by Lithium »

matej_v wrote:Try running the data query in verbose mode:

Go to Console -> Devices -> click on your 6509 -> click on "Verbose Query" next to "SNMP - Interface Statistics". See if you get appropriate ifAlias values there.
So nice!
windet

Finally it works!

Post by windet »

After query the verbose, I "Reapply Suyggested Names" thru Data Query and finally it works.
Thanks everybody to help me out!!!.
sini
Cacti User

Re: Finally it works!

Post by sini »

windet wrote:After query the verbose, I "Reapply Suyggested Names" thru Data Query and finally it works.
Thanks everybody to help me out!!!.
Same problem to me. Verbose query worked but the above solution is not fixed my titles.
My solution is to add |host_description| - Traffic - |query_ifAlias| in
Data Queries > Associated Graph Templates > In/Out Bits > Graph Template - Interface - Traffic (bits/sec)

Move this field up to the top to see by default.
Sini