[solved] script with intermittent NAN results

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

krypsys wrote:well, shoot...after bouncing the poller_cache, none of my graphs are reporting any data now! stink...

been troubleshooting that for the last hour...any advice? I read quite a few threads and, for grins, installed SPINE and see:
03/30/2010 01:45:02 PM - SYSTEM STATS: Time:1.1204 Method:spine Processes:1 Threads:1 Hosts:3 HostsPerProcess:3 DataSources:9 RRDsProcessed:9

in my cacti log, but no more detail than that...

as for the wget - where do I see timeouts and retries?

i'm going through the second link, too, but don't think any of that matters any more until my graphing starts working again....
From man wget:
-t number
--tries=number
Set number of retries to number. Specify 0 or inf for infinite retrying. The default is to retry 20 times, with the exception of fatal
errors like "connection refused" or "not found" (404), which are not retried.
and
-T seconds
--timeout=seconds
Set the network timeout to seconds seconds. This is equivalent to specifying --dns-timeout, --connect-timeout, and --read-timeout, all at
the same time.

When interacting with the network, Wget can check for timeout and abort the operation if it takes too long. This prevents anomalies like
hanging reads and infinite connects. The only timeout enabled by default is a 900-second read timeout. Setting a timeout to 0 disables it
altogether. Unless you know what you are doing, it is best not to change the default timeout settings.

All timeout-related options accept decimal values, as well as subsecond values. For example, 0.1 seconds is a legal (though unwise) choice
of timeout. Subsecond timeouts are useful for checking server response times or for testing network latency.
R.
krypsys

Post by krypsys »

hey, thanks for that, gandalf. my wget statement didn't include either of those, so the answer then is 'the default' timers for both.

at this point, we've tracked the issue down to (I believe) too many characters in the naming of some of my data fields.

Thanks!