click and drag

Support questions about the Network Weather Map plugin

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

trogs

click and drag

Post by trogs »

Hey Howie,

Do you have any plans to be able to click/drag the nodes around via the editor? Getting to the point where it would be handy to be able to do this with complex maps, rather than mucking around entering co-ordinates manually..
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

You don't have to enter coordinates right now - just click the move node button (in node properties) then click where you want the node to be.

I've had this test thing I wrote at LinuxWorld 2007 (!) hanging around for ages though - it doesn't do anything but move nodes and create VIAs, but it's the direction I want to go in.

http://www.network-weathermap.com/files/editor-test.m4v

it's always been my plan to rewrite the editor to use that, and a nicer user interface to edit map properties - like VB, if you happen to know it - using extjs. It requires a pretty large amount of work though, both with the editor, and restructuring weathermap to make it easier to do.
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)
trogs

Post by trogs »

oh what a dummy, I didn't even notice the move button! Thanks for pointing out the obvious :)

Video looks neat. Look forward to the day when it's that easy to do :)