GPS Maps for Cacti

Announcements concerning Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

VegardAa

Post by VegardAa »

Any idea when the next version with these features will be available?
lupick

Post by lupick »

VegardAa wrote:Any idea when the next version with these features will be available?
I'm interested too!!

L.
zorrosam
Cacti User

info for my host

Post by zorrosam »

hi guys,

i'm sorry but i don't understand how i can configure this nice plugin for show the hosts of my cacti installation on google maps.

Like in weathermap i'd like add all of my hosts inside the map ... is possible? these hosts are router and server ... without gps ... so i can do that?

i have to configure the longitude and latitude manually? in which file?

please let me know

bye

zorro
spiffydudex
Cacti User

Post by spiffydudex »

Any idea when the next version with these features will be available?
I am about 3/4 of the way finished. There have been some major rewrites to the code structure. (A lot of things started 'clicking' and my mind was opened) A big thanks to Jimmy's thold plugin made this possible.

If things work out well, I am going to get all functionality implemented this weekend on Saturday. That will leave just polishing and testing for the next week. So in short, If everything goes smooth, expect a week to two weeks.

Major things to expect:

-KML File creation for Google Earth. KML will update based on the currently viewed hosts. (Still need to test with Earth. Was based off of the "Placemark" code on this page: http://code.google.com/apis/kml/documen ... l_tut.html ).
-Multiple APs available for selection. (Coverage Overlay still works on subnet basis.)
-Selectable icons for Up/Recovering/Down status per host template. Will default to Green/Orange/Red colors. (Links to the standard Google colors will be available, for custom icons there is a folder to upload images.)
-If you are in the US, selectable regions for NOAA weather overlay.
-Allow for untagged devices so that you can have a coverage map on only the required devices.
-A small update to your database when upgrading. This is to store the custom selection data.

Like in weathermap i'd like add all of my hosts inside the map ... is possible? these hosts are router and server ... without gps ... so i can do that?
i have to configure the longitude and latitude manually? in which file?
You have to have GPS coordinates. You can add these in the individual host settings. They will populate the map once added.
zorrosam
Cacti User

address & street

Post by zorrosam »

Hi guys,

there's a way for develop a new function on this extraordinary plugin? i'd like to visualize in the yellow box, over the host on the map also the address where the object is placed.

Is possible to do it?

Will be nice have a new field in the device option for specify the address ... not only longitude and latitude.

let me know

bye

zorro
spiffydudex
Cacti User

Post by spiffydudex »

Good idea, I can add that before public release.
zorrosam
Cacti User

some mistakes

Post by zorrosam »

Hi,

i have some problem on my map.

3/4 router are in the wrong position ... even if the coordinate taken from this website http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/geocoder/ seems to be correct.

Why?

have you an idea ?

bye
eterzella.r.t
Cacti User

Post by eterzella.r.t »

Hello, everyone.

I'm trying to use the plugins. However I'm having problems in time to meet the following configuration fields.

I have created my key to my domain.

And now I need to fill in the fields below, but do not know how.

Initial Latitude
Defines the centering of the map

and

Initial Longitude
Defines the centering of the map

----------------------------------------------------------

And when i click in GPS MAPS

Notice: Undefined variable: hostArray in /mnt/wwwfiler/var/www/cacti/plugins/gpsmap/gpsmap.php on line 67

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /mnt/wwwfiler/var/www/cacti/plugins/gpsmap/includes/pointsxml.php on line 5
IP Analysis
IP Analysis with Coverage
spiffydudex
Cacti User

Re: some mistakes

Post by spiffydudex »

zorrosam wrote:Hi,

i have some problem on my map.

3/4 router are in the wrong position ... even if the coordinate taken from this website http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/geocoder/ seems to be correct.

Why?

have you an idea ?

bye

Some of the geocoding websites, including googles own geocoding, are not correct when deriving from an address. You may want to use a map based gps gathering, where you click on the map and it produces the coordinates.

Try this one, http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html
eterzella.r.t
Cacti User

Post by eterzella.r.t »

Thx work positon

But notice and warning still exists.

Notice: Undefined variable: hostArray in /mnt/wwwfiler/var/www/cacti/plugins/gpsmap/gpsmap.php on line 67

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /mnt/wwwfiler/var/www/cacti/plugins/gpsmap/includes/pointsxml.php on line 5
spiffydudex
Cacti User

Post by spiffydudex »

An update,

Alright guys I'm not dead, Haha. In fact its getting close to completion. The very last issue, which is the main reason for this release. I am having a little trouble linking custom selected icons and make them display on the map.
Not to worry, I have a few ideas to solve this issue.

Anyways, the screenshots are some of the progress. Should be simple to understand.

The selection will parse a folder for images and allow for selection within the creation menu.

Its hard to balance school development and fun development.
Almost there guys.
Attachments
gps template creation
gps template creation
templatecreation.jpg (41.79 KiB) Viewed 7952 times
display all templates
display all templates
Templates.jpg (40.69 KiB) Viewed 7952 times
Jason.S

Post by Jason.S »

That will be really awesome! That will let us see the different types of customers we have. Carry on good sir!
spiffydudex
Cacti User

Post by spiffydudex »

For those of you still waiting, I am horribly sorry I have not delivered sooner. The University I am attending keeps changing network settings. So I only have connectivity to my development server at random times. I have complained several times to the proper authorities but to no avail. So in short I am working on setting up a local test server so I will no longer have these issues and can continue development at a better pace than the sporadic and haphazard development sprees.
lupick

Post by lupick »

yep

I'm waiting for the next release!!!
VegardAa

Post by VegardAa »

spiffydudex wrote:An update,

Alright guys I'm not dead, Haha. In fact its getting close to completion. The very last issue, which is the main reason for this release. I am having a little trouble linking custom selected icons and make them display on the map.
Not to worry, I have a few ideas to solve this issue.

Anyways, the screenshots are some of the progress. Should be simple to understand.

The selection will parse a folder for images and allow for selection within the creation menu.

Its hard to balance school development and fun development.
Almost there guys.

I love the screenshots! EXACTLY what we wanted! Can't wait for the next version :) Keep up the good work!