CaMM (Cacti Message Management) plugin v1.6.7 2010-08-26

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

smlick
Cacti User

Post by smlick »

gthe wrote:Smlick,

First of all - almost always errors in camm appear after the message:
12/21/2009 12:13:00 AM - POLLER: Poller[0] WARNING: Scheduled Task is out of sync with the Poller Interval! The Poller Interval is '300' seconds, with a maximum of a '300' second Scheduled Task, but 120 seconds have passed since the last poll!
So I think what you need first to correct this error.

Secondly, after this in the settings tab's of camm set [debug mode] to enable and after that PM me log again.

smlick wrote: I wish you a Merry Christmas and thanks again for your work on this plugin and your precious support.

Regards
Alessio
Thanks, but in Russia Christmas celebrate on January 7 :)

So I wish you a Merry Christmas.
I correct the problem about the poller interval that exceed 300 seconds but the problem is still there.
I sent you a PM with cacti.log and CAMM in debug.

Regards
Alessio
Cacti Version 0.8.8c production / 0.8.8c test W2008 -- Plugin:Weathermap - Monitor - CAMM 1.6.7 :) - Nectar - GPS Map
sini
Cacti User

Post by sini »

Hi,

Is it possible to add new column in camm syslog columns? For example i would like to see a service id which parsed from router`s interface description field.

Detailed:

I got a map table which contains all my routers,switches names and its interface descriptions. In the description i got the service id which is the unique key to generate trouble tickets and to see in filtered alarms which service is corresponds to it and what service affected.

If I add a new field in plugin_camm_syslog table how can i see this field in the web frontend? Is it possible?
The description filed now is the host group template name so i have to use a new one.

Another question is how can i insert this extra data every time when a syslog or snmp trap comes in? I thought to set a filter which run a script every time when a message comes and do the necessary queries in map table and insert the service id in the new filed but how will this affect cacti`s polling performance?

thx
Sini
guitou

Post by guitou »

Hi,

I would like to use Camm plugin on my 0.8.7e cacti server (windows platform). The plugin management view don't work so I've add the plugin in the global.php file but the Camm tab does not appear. How to install this plugin ...?

thanks for your support
gthe
Cacti User

Post by gthe »

guitou wrote:Hi,

I would like to use Camm plugin on my 0.8.7e cacti server (windows platform). The plugin management view don't work so I've add the plugin in the global.php file but the Camm tab does not appear. How to install this plugin ...?

thanks for your support
It need plugin management install process.
My cacti plugin -[url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p=156769#156769]CaMM[/url]
[size=75]Sorry for my English. [/size]
gthe
Cacti User

Post by gthe »

sini wrote:Hi,

Is it possible to add new column in camm syslog columns? For example i would like to see a service id which parsed from router`s interface description field.

Detailed:

I got a map table which contains all my routers,switches names and its interface descriptions. In the description i got the service id which is the unique key to generate trouble tickets and to see in filtered alarms which service is corresponds to it and what service affected.

If I add a new field in plugin_camm_syslog table how can i see this field in the web frontend? Is it possible?
The description filed now is the host group template name so i have to use a new one.
I can add an additional field, which will be hidden by default
sini wrote: Another question is how can i insert this extra data every time when a syslog or snmp trap comes in? I thought to set a filter which run a script every time when a message comes and do the necessary queries in map table and insert the service id in the new filed but how will this affect cacti`s polling performance?
thx
I see 2 options - either create a rule (set "execute user function") and use your own php function - to be called with the main Poller or create a stored procedure in mysql - it will be executed every time new message added in DB.
My cacti plugin -[url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p=156769#156769]CaMM[/url]
sini
Cacti User

Post by sini »

gthe wrote:
sini wrote:Hi,

Detailed:

I can add an additional field, which will be hidden by default
sini wrote: Another question is how can i insert this extra data every time when a syslog or snmp trap comes in? I thought to set a filter which run a script every time when a message comes and do the necessary queries in map table and insert the service id in the new filed but how will this affect cacti`s polling performance?
thx
I see 2 options - either create a rule (set "execute user function") and use your own php function - to be called with the main Poller or create a stored procedure in mysql - it will be executed every time new message added in DB.
An additional field will be handy, than I can try one of the two solutions you mentioned.
Thanks!
Sini
uhtred
Cacti User

Post by uhtred »

Hi,

is there a solution for the ie problem? Camm 1.6.5 doesn't work with ie 6, 7 & ie 8.
There is a problem with camm_view.php
Error: expected identifier string or number
Line 907
Char: 4736
gthe
Cacti User

Post by gthe »

uhtred, Already fixed - use the archive from the first post (1.6.51) :D
uhtred
Cacti User

Post by uhtred »

thx for fast reply, its working fine :)
guitou

Post by guitou »

Hi,
i'm new Camm user. I used to collect syslog message with syslog plugin 0.5.2 and working well. Now i want to migrate on Camm. I've succefully install it from plugin management console (see image cacti_db). Now I can't understand how to inject syslog message collect using kiwi syslog daemon with ODBC connector to Camm plugin.
I've created syslog DB with following commands:
*mysqladmin --user=root -p create syslog
*mysql -u root -p syslog < C:\Apache2\htdocs\cacti\plugins\syslog\syslog.sql (see image syslog_db)
*mysql --user=root --password
**mysql> GRANT ALL ON syslog.* TO <cacti_dbuser>@localhost IDENTIFIED BY '<cacti_dbpass>';
**mysql> flush privileges;
**mysql> exit

In Camm settings, i've pass "Use Syslog" to "true" and try to pass "syslog db name" to "syslog" & "syslog incoming table" to "syslog_incoming"

Questions:
* witch table need to be present in syslog db
* what is the syslog message format to inject (see image kiwi_syslog)
* how and where create plugin_camm_syslog_incoming

Thanks
Windows 2003 R2
Cacti Version - 0.8.7e
Plugin Architecture - 2.5
Poller Type - CMD.php
Server Info - Windows NT 5.2
Web Server - Apache/2.2.14 (Win32) PHP/5.2.11
PHP - 5.2.11
Plugins
  • Update Checker (update - v0.4)
    Network Tools (tools - v0.3)
    Global Plugin Settings (settings - v0.6)
    Device Tracking (mactrack - v1.1)
    Host Info (hostinfo - v0.2)
    Documents (docs - v0.2)
gthe
Cacti User

Post by gthe »

guitou,
Unnecessary to separately create any database / tables. After installing the plug-in creates all necessary tables in the database cacti, need only to configure kiwi write data in this database:
1. Create filter / rule in kiwi
2. Create and configure data link connection string
3/ Create custom db formats
guitou

Post by guitou »

Hi gthe,

with your latest comments, i've succesfully retrieve log message in Camm. I'm going to try to tune it with rule, color, action, etc ...

Thank you for this wonderful plugin and support
uhtred
Cacti User

Post by uhtred »

hi,

where can i find the color selection for TRAPS? perhaps, i need new glasses.. :o
guitou

Post by guitou »

hi,

it is possible to make "OR" function in the sql command ? message like '%DOT11-6-ASSOC%' OR message like '%LINEPROTO-CLUSTER_MEMBER%'

Thanks
sini
Cacti User

Post by sini »

gthe wrote:
I try to "execute user function" but all I can see in the drop down menu list is fixed test functions. (see attached pic)
How can I use this? I can`t find scripts with this name in plugin camm dir or in cacti resource dir.
Is it possible to add my own scripts` path?

thx
Sini