Problem for re-create a deleted graph

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

kenny29

Problem for re-create a deleted graph

Post by kenny29 »

Hello,

Yestersay I have deleted a graph with the option "Leave the data sources untouched". Then I have deleted the data source associated to this graph later.

Now when I want create again the graph I can't because Cacti think the graph is already created (grayed line)

The graph and his data source doesn't exist however.

Someone can help me ?
Linegod
Developer

Post by Linegod »

First I would double-check via the Graph Management and Data Source pages that there is not still an instance of this graph related to the host - you may have duplicated it at some point.
--
Live fast, die young
You're sucking up my bandwidth.

J.P. Pasnak,CD
CCNA, LPIC-1
http://www.warpedsystems.sk.ca
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Linedude. I have an assignment for a customer to write a recovery script. Don't know when I'm going to find time to do it. Maybe today while I sit at SFO airport for 5 hours. :(

The customer deleted all of their graphs, yet kept the Data Sources. So, polling is working just fine, just need to recreate the Graphs and Re-associate them with the Data Sources.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
Linegod
Developer

Post by Linegod »

That would be relatively simple in theory, but difficult in practice, unless you can be absolutely sure that the data source naming has not been comprimised by manual adjustments.

Unless you create new graphs & data sources, then rename the old rra files to the new rra filename - that might be easier to maintain in the long run.

But that has nothing to do with his problem, to me it appears that the datasource was not actually deleted, or a older datasource is still there somehow.
--
Live fast, die young
You're sucking up my bandwidth.

J.P. Pasnak,CD
CCNA, LPIC-1
http://www.warpedsystems.sk.ca