iPhone client

Addons for Cacti and discussion about those addons

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

vbali

Post by vbali »

The application has been approved by Apple, so available in the AppStore: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/icacti-s ... 29501?mt=8

It should be working with non standard ports and urls as well. Anyway, if you have any problem with it please report to me!
TheWitness wrote:Kudo's. Lets us know the name, once it's available. Will it be able to handle non-standard url's and port ranges? My NAS at home will not advertise Cacti at either ports 80 or 443, but I might be inclined to forward some rediculous port for SSL. In addition, I will have a self signed cert. Will that cause issues?

TheWitness
dhoffryn

Post by dhoffryn »

Downloaded it from itunes yesterday and it doesn't work. I see the connection in the apache logs, but nothing on the iphone and no login attempt in the cacti logs. I'd guess its not trying to pass the username/password at all.

[01/Jan/2010:11:38:48 -0800] "GET /cacti/host.php?host_status=-1&host_template_id=-1&host_rows=5000&filter= HTTP/1.1" 200
vbali

Post by vbali »

Thank you for the response! I have discovered this bug and the fixed version is waiting for Apple approval in the AppStore. I kindly ask your patience!
dhoffryn wrote:Downloaded it from itunes yesterday and it doesn't work. I see the connection in the apache logs, but nothing on the iphone and no login attempt in the cacti logs. I'd guess its not trying to pass the username/password at all.

[01/Jan/2010:11:38:48 -0800] "GET /cacti/host.php?host_status=-1&host_template_id=-1&host_rows=5000&filter= HTTP/1.1" 200
vbali

Hotfix release available

Post by vbali »

iCacti 1.1 hotfix release for connection issues now available in AppStore: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/icacti-s ... 29501?mt=8
dhoffryn

Post by dhoffryn »

Getting closer. I can log in now and get the list of hosts. When i select a host i can see the headers of the graphs that are available, but the actual graph doesn't draw.
vbali

Post by vbali »

Hmm, there are connection issues to older versions of Cacti. The bug has been fixed and the new version (1.2) submitted to Apple. It's under revision and will be available soon.
dhoffryn wrote:Getting closer. I can log in now and get the list of hosts. When i select a host i can see the headers of the graphs that are available, but the actual graph doesn't draw.
valleed

Post by valleed »

I think it's sad to see how iPhones allow peoples to charges for stuff that was made from free stuff. It's not that 1.99$ is a big deal, it's more the fact that it's been built on Cacti that was given to you.

Just my 2cents.
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

valleed wrote:I think it's sad to see how iPhones allow peoples to charges for stuff that was made from free stuff. It's not that 1.99$ is a big deal, it's more the fact that it's been built on Cacti that was given to you.

Just my 2cents.
Because software is made from moonbeams and wishes, and takes no time at all to create or support? :P I think I must have spent more than a thousands hours even on little weathermap over the years... not all of that was for my benefit, and a chunk of it wasn't even fun.

Besides which, you actually pay Apple $100 for the privilege of getting your app onto other people's devices.
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

valeed,

You should apologize. Your statement is reprehensible. You should be ashamed of yourself.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

valleed wrote:I think it's sad to see how iPhones allow peoples to charges for stuff that was made from free stuff. It's not that 1.99$ is a big deal, it's more the fact that it's been built on Cacti that was given to you.

Just my 2cents.
You're having a laugh, right ?

Do you know just how much time and effort has gone into the Cacti project since it was created by Ian Berry ? We all spend time here helping others and submitting new code ideas as a "thankyou" to the devs for all their hard work and support.

If you have to pay $1.99 for an iPhone app, then this is a small price to pay considering the support and free upgrades you get for Cacti !

You might want to re-word your comment so that it doesn't cause offence :)
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
RRDTool Version RRDTool 1.4.7
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

vbali wrote:Hmm, there are connection issues to older versions of Cacti. The bug has been fixed and the new version (1.2) submitted to Apple. It's under revision and will be available soon.
dhoffryn wrote:Getting closer. I can log in now and get the list of hosts. When i select a host i can see the headers of the graphs that are available, but the actual graph doesn't draw.
I get this too, with two 0.8.7e installations. My dev server works, but my production server (many more devices) gives me correct menus, correct titles, but no graphs. I'll await 1.2 and see if it clears.

Some kind of search/filter would be very useful on the device-level menu - I have a few chassis switches with 400+ graphs, and finding a particular port makes my fingers sore :-) Or perhaps graph-tree support, to limit which graphs are shown? Something to make it a smaller list, anyway.
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)
vbali

Post by vbali »

Howie wrote:I get this too, with two 0.8.7e installations. My dev server works, but my production server (many more devices) gives me correct menus, correct titles, but no graphs. I'll await 1.2 and see if it clears.

Some kind of search/filter would be very useful on the device-level menu - I have a few chassis switches with 400+ graphs, and finding a particular port makes my fingers sore :-) Or perhaps graph-tree support, to limit which graphs are shown? Something to make it a smaller list, anyway.
Well, it's a very good idea and I can promise that next versions of iCacti will be improved with easier access to specific graphs.
valleed

Post by valleed »

First, I'm sorry if I'm not being clear, my first language is not English.

I'm just surprised to see someone selling something made out of something he got for free (Cacti). If I would have the skills, I'd give it for free.

I greatly appreciate the work you guys have done and like the way you're sharing it. I'm a small coder/scripter myself and when I code, it's because I like it, not because I'm forced to, probably just like you guys. Also, I wasn't aware that Apple was asking 100$ just to put an App on their store, they are the real ripper here.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

valleed wrote:First, I'm sorry if I'm not being clear, my first language is not English.

I'm just surprised to see someone selling something made out of something he got for free (Cacti). If I would have the skills, I'd give it for free.

I greatly appreciate the work you guys have done and like the way you're sharing it. I'm a small coder/scripter myself and when I code, it's because I like it, not because I'm forced to, probably just like you guys. Also, I wasn't aware that Apple was asking 100$ just to put an App on their store, they are the real ripper here.
Not everything can be for free. I hope and wish vbali all the success in getting his $100 back and maybe at some point donate a little to us. We all give of our time freely, most of it our spare time.

For example, on my last vacation, I donated several hours to this project. In turn, you should, once well versed, pledge your Graph Templates and Data Templates to go here:

http://docs.cacti.net/templates

And, for free.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

valleed wrote:First, I'm sorry if I'm not being clear, my first language is not English.

See, there is a logic problem here...

He isn't using Cacti code, he isn't abusing Cacti. This app for the iPhone was developed by him so that anyone with an iPhone or iPod touch can easily access their Cacti installations. What you seem to fail to grasp is that he has to invest in becoming an app developer with Apple. I have a developer account and know the pain it can be to even deal with Apple.

$1.99 is a fine price!

I'm downloading the app now, expect some feedback from me shortly.. :)
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]