ScriptServer Problem

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Crescens

ScriptServer Problem

Post by Crescens »

Is anybody using the new Script Server?

I tried it yesterday, it worked fine if I used cactid directly. But when I tried to work with poller.php it grabs data but doesn´t update any rrd´s.

I spend some hours examing this but can´t find anything. I could not clear the Poller Cache, but maybe thats the problem described in this thread.
I took a look into the database and the scripts I saw that the table 'poller_output' was full of old entries. I flushed this table and suddenly cacti startet updating the rrd´s.

Is there anybody who can confirm this?
Or did I make a mistake and shot my database.

Current config:
cacti 0.8.6a <- downgrade not possible
RRDtool 1.0.48 <- fresh updated
PHP 4.3.8
NetSNMP 5.1

all on a Fedora Core 1 Box.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Use the latest pre-release from last night. There is an update that should correct your problem. You must run poller.php in your CRON. However, before you do this, you should disable your CRON, turn logging to DEBUG, clear you logfile, and run poller.php from the command line 1 time. You should see te CACTI2RRD and RRD2CACTI logfile messages on your screen.

There was a nagging RRD update problem that appears to have been corrected yesterday.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
Crescens

Post by Crescens »

I use this one: cacti-0.8.6a-pre20040920.tar.gz
Last night ist difficult, we are 8 hours in front ;)
You mean cacti-0.8.6a-pre20040921.tar.gz right? I´ll give it a try.

The debug worked fine, I saw a lot of CACTI2RRD and RRD2CACTI.

Can you give me a hint which Data Input Method "Get SNMP Data" and "Get SNMP Data (Indexed) " use? Was it "SNMP QUERY" or just "SNMP"?

I removed the changes I made for using the script server, that´s why I´m asking.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

You are correct. This is the version to apply. I do not completely understand your other question. But in general, you should be using the "out-of-the-box" install. If you still experience issues, then we should continue to discuss changes/bugs.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
Crescens

Post by Crescens »

Ok, pictures say more than 1000 words.
I´m not sure if I misconfigured this.
You see a red "arrow" in the picture?

There are the 2 items, I´m not sure if "SNMP Query" is right there.
Attachments
Screener of /cacti/data_input.php
Screener of /cacti/data_input.php
cacti_input_methods.JPG (48.18 KiB) Viewed 2275 times
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

You Data Input Methods should be as follows. Please ignore the duplicate on Script Server. I have a problem to fix.

TheWitness
Attachments
Data Input Methods.jpg
Data Input Methods.jpg (102.67 KiB) Viewed 2274 times

Crescens

Post by Crescens »

Ok, I think the graphs are ok. No spaces anymore.

I tried also to activate the script server. It didn´t work for me again.
Now, I want to revert cacti to its original state.
Nearly everything is working, exept the php scripts which query processor and harddiskinformation (the two from the script server)

My debug log shows the following:
09/21/2004 04:25:01 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] Host[0] CMD: /usr/bin/php -q /var/www/html/cacti/scripts/query_host_partitions.php get total 101, output: U
09/21/2004 04:25:01 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] Host[0] WARNING: Result from CMD not valid. Partial Result: <br />
<b>Notice</b>
I switched back to cmd.php to. But I don´t think that matter.

/edit: I have to correct myself. Host[0] have to be an wrong entry.
I get no entry in the log file.
It seems that it doesn´t run the script.
I compared my old cacti installation with the new, but all data sources, data queries are the same

An idea where I can look?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Please reread the instructions, you missed a step and that is causing you problems. The script server does work.

TheWitness

Crescens

Post by Crescens »

Maybe, I think you misunderstand me.
Currently I want the original state back. The state before using the script server.
Ok, I´ll try it on my own.Thanks so far.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Host[0] means one of two things 1) You have non-host based queries (very old Cacti method) 2) You deleted a Host/Data Template and did not delete the Data Sources.

Item 2) is a very bad thing, especially to back off. It is crucial that you backup your database regulary. Say daily to minimize the risk of these configuration mistakes.

How would you classify your situation?

TheWitness

Crescens

Post by Crescens »

TheWitness wrote: How would you classify your situation?
It changed in the last hours from depressed to happy ;)

I can´t explain it, but it seems that i kille my database. I restored my backup (thanks for the hint), updated the database and all is fine none.

Thank you for your help and patience.
I give the script server (or myself) next week another chance :)