Motorola Canopy Data Query Templates [v2.0 - 2012-12-24]

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Motorola Canopy Data Query Templates [v2.0 - 2012-12-24]

Post by BSOD2600 »

On the request of another forum user, I spent several hours re-writing the original Perl based Motorola Canopy scripts. It now utilizes a pure Cacti SNMP based Data Query. This is magnitudes faster then the old, which launches Perl for every query. Since the script now utilizes an XML file, it's trivial to add new OIDs which one wants to query. Additionally, it's much easier to change which OIDs are queried for a device by adding/modifying Data/Graph templates. I also modified and am including the Motorola interface script/template which oeyre had posted -- mostly renaming things to conform with the other templates. These scripts pull OIDs from the following MIB files: WHISP-APS-MIB, CMM3-MIB, WHISP-BOX-MIBV2-MIB, WHISP-SM-MIB.

I noticed the old method was querying and displaying a ghetto 'Ethernet Link Status'. I opted for modifying the existing 'SNMP - Interface Statistics' Data query. I added an additional field which made the ifOperStatus OID monitorable for things like the Thold plugin. Additionally, for those who still WANT it, I exposed the etherLinkStatus, gpsStatus, sessionStatus, and registeredToAp OIDs so it can be displayed on any graph with the textual data (i.e. add |query_etherLinkStatus| as a new graph item). The updated xml script and graph template are in the included 'Optional - Traffic OperStatus' subfolder of the download including install instructions.

The scripts have been tested against:

PMP100 AP 9.x
PMP400 AP 9.x
PMP100 SM 9.x
PMP400 SM 9.x
Canopy FSK 11.x
CMM Micro 3.x

These scripts add the following templates:

Data Query
Motorola Canopy - Access Point
Motorola Canopy - Access Point - Link Table
Motorola Canopy - CMM Micro - Stats
Motorola Canopy - CMM Traffic
Motorola Canopy - Subscriber Module

Download
http://docs.cacti.net/usertemplate:data:motorola:canopy
lonecrow

Post by lonecrow »

Not sure why, but these won't show up in the host templates after importing them. I followed the instructions precisely. They show up as templates I can export but it does not show up on any lists to be selected.

Latest version of cacti i just did a fresh install 2 days ago..
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

These aren't inside a host template. They're in the Data Query section.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Thanks for that stuff. I will try to install and see.
But if I remember correctly, there have been version related issues in the past with Canopy. So would you please mind to post the Canopy SW versions you have verified?
Reinhard
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Re: Motorola Canopy Data Query Templates [v1.0 - 2009-08-02]

Post by BSOD2600 »

BSOD2600 wrote: The new scripts have been tested against:

PMP100 AP 9.x
PMP400 AP 9.x
PMP100 SM 9.x
PMP400 SM 9.x
CMM Micro 3.x
I no longer have access to the testing hardware for the exact versions tested against.

As you'll see though, the Data Query, just creates a 'fake' Index number, and then associates all of the various radio parameters with the Data Templates. Nothing really that fancy/hard.
xurupita

ERRO

Post by xurupita »

When I try to import the template, this message:

Error: XML: Hash version does not exist.

what to do?
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Re: ERRO

Post by BSOD2600 »

xurupita wrote:When I try to import the template, this message:

SEARCH. this is covered many times.

upgrade your cacti version.
spam.my.duck

Post by spam.my.duck »

BSOD2600 wrote:
xurupita wrote:When I try to import the template, this message:

SEARCH. this is covered many times.

upgrade your cacti version.

EDIT- got it.. I think, or at least didn't get an error haven't had time to see if it actually works.

Could not import the .xml files directly so I tried to copy/paste the text. Got different error trying to copy/paste it from IE , FF but then Crimson Editor it worked without errors... at least on the import.

----end edit----
Ok I am getting this error also.
(1) I just download the most brandnewest ISO of cacti EZ and installed it (Version 0.8.7c).
(2) I re-downloaded the zip, re-unzipped and re-uploaded and re-tried to import the templates.
(3) I re-booted the machine after I re-copied the files from \resources\snmp_queries into my var/www/html directory.

Still gives that error.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

spam.my.duck wrote:(1) I just download the most brandnewest ISO of cacti EZ and installed it (Version 0.8.7c).
As stated above, this was exported with cacti 0.8.7e which will not import on older versions.
eltonzoto

about cmm template

Post by eltonzoto »

Hello,

I need to know how to import these templates without upgrade Cacti version?
I have Cacti Version 0.8.7c

Toni :o
eltonzoto

About CMM Micro

Post by eltonzoto »

Ok seems it works after editing XML template. I changed only the index-version (based on http://docs.cacti.net/howto:determine_c ... te_version). AP and SM graphics are working fine except the CMM. It give me a strange values.
Any ideas?!

thnx :roll:
Attachments
cmm micro test.png
cmm micro test.png (16.61 KiB) Viewed 21636 times
spam.my.duck

Post by spam.my.duck »

BSOD2600 wrote:
spam.my.duck wrote:(1) I just download the most brandnewest ISO of cacti EZ and installed it (Version 0.8.7c).
As stated above, this was exported with cacti 0.8.7e which will not import on older versions.
My apologies. I assumed that since I just downloaded it from the cactiez website that I had the most current version. I see now that CactiEZ is still at .c while the rest of the cacti world has gone on to .e
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Why cactiez hasn't been upgraded, not sure. But follow the generic cacti upgrade instructions to get yourself to 0.8.7e.
Nitr0

Post by Nitr0 »

Nice job with these :)
GlueGuy
Cacti User

Post by GlueGuy »

I've been using the "old" Canopy templates for a relatively long time. As Motorola obsoleted old OIDs (several of which output integer values as text), I updated the data query to extract the integer values directly. This effectively deprecated the old version that used the perl script. I think this is true for everything except for the ethernet link status.

What happens to my existing templates if I import this newer version ('cause I think I want to take advantage of the cleaner architecture)?

Do these overwrite my old templates, or sit along side, or what?

I have almost 500 of the "old style", and I would not want to break all the ones that are working...

bp
---------
The Glue Guy