zorder of bwlabel?

Support questions about the Network Weather Map plugin

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

trogs

zorder of bwlabel?

Post by trogs »

Heya,

I'm just wondering if there is currently any way to specify the zorder of the bandwidth label separately to the zorder of the link - basically I want the bandwidth labels to always be on top of any links.

Mainly this is a problem on side-by-side links - what happens is that one of the links displays over top of the label of the link next to it. I can kind of jigger this around a bit so that there is a greater space between the links to give full visibility of the label but I'd prefer being able to just specify that the labels always appear above any links.

Feature request for 0.98 maybe if there's no way to currently do it ? :)
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

You can do two other things:

Use BWLABELPOS to make the positions move along the links. This way you can have them alternate position.

Use BWSTYLE angled, so the label runs along the link instead. Usually that is enough to keep the labels from being overlapped.

bwlabels are currently drawn as part of the link-drawing process, so to make them all appear on top would mean maintaining a big list of all the labels and their contents, colours, fonts, etc, to draw later. So I'm hopeful that one of those other solutions will help you :-)
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)
trogs

Post by trogs »

Yeah, I was using the BWLABELPOS to move them around but as the links were drawn on an angle next to each other the top corners were getting cut off.

the BWSTYLE angled seems to work though, I hadn't even thought of that :)

Cheers