CaMM (Cacti Message Management) plugin v1.6.7 2010-08-26

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

pthaynes
Cacti User

Exporting to Excel

Post by pthaynes »

Hi guys,
Once again thanks for the excellent plugin.
I am using CAMM version 1.6.4 (I think it is currently the "b" revision - I updated it a while back and can't see how to show the letter in the revision number anywhere) on Cacti version 0.8.7c. I am using internet explorer 7.

For the first time ever I am trying to use the "Export to Excel" button on CAMM. First I clicked down through the tree structure to view the device that I wanted to export logs for. Then I clicked on the export to Excel button. After a long wait (maybe 5 minutes or so) my Internet Explorer started to respond again, but I did not get any Excel file. At the bottom left of the IE window I got the little page with an exclaimation mark. Double clicking on it showed the details in the attached picture.

I tried doing the same thing but ticking the box next to some of the items I wanted to export but got the same result.

Is there anything that I have missed that might be causing this issue?

Thanks,

Peter
Attachments
error.JPG
error.JPG (25.7 KiB) Viewed 5865 times
L0gRuS
Cacti User

Post by L0gRuS »

I have new problem with syslog :)

camm tree recognize device throw ip address. It take from device database. But if you have more then 1 ip address and device send syslog message from new address camm cant identify this device... what we can doing with this problem?
Cacti v.087g + PAv2.9
cspenpen
Cacti User

Post by cspenpen »

L0gRuS wrote:I have new problem with syslog :)

camm tree recognize device throw ip address. It take from device database. But if you have more then 1 ip address and device send syslog message from new address camm cant identify this device... what we can doing with this problem?
It shout be only one ip address that syslog-ng recieve. You can find which ip address will be recieved in not define tab of camm, and input it in device field.
L0gRuS
Cacti User

Post by L0gRuS »

cspenpen wrote:

It shout be only one ip address that syslog-ng recieve. You can find which ip address will be recieved in not define tab of camm, and input it in device field.
i have OSpf in my network and when one path fail all data transfer from another path. And i cant add it ip address in camm or cacti (5-6 path)
Cacti v.087g + PAv2.9
cspenpen
Cacti User

Post by cspenpen »

L0gRuS wrote:
cspenpen wrote:

i have OSpf in my network and when one path fail all data transfer from another path. And i cant add it ip address in camm or cacti (5-6 path)
You can enable use dns option in syslog-ng, and then add A records in /etc/hosts. syslog-ng will resolve IP addresses into hostnames in log. Finally add hostname in camm device field. Remember to after modify /etc/hosts, must restart syslog-ng to reload dns record.
zgamer
Cacti User

Post by zgamer »

Great plug-in!!!

Noticed a bug with it under Cacti 0.8.7e running CAMM 1.6.4b, even though you can change the database source and you can in the configuration change the table names only the database source actual is working.
terziyski
Cacti User

Post by terziyski »

Does anyone can advise me how to start snmtrapd as a service on Windows.
I have installed CAMM - everything is OK, but my tables are empty and Windows box does not listening on port 162. Firewall is set to accept UDP at port 162.
Do I have to stop Windows service snmptrap before running snmptrapd ?
I have net-snmp binaries installed and SNMPTT installed and configured, but I am not sure if I done this correctly.

Thanks.
Cacti user
zgamer
Cacti User

Post by zgamer »

Code: Select all

11/16/2009 11:49:16 AM - camm: Poller[0] Error: Could not send alert, you are missing the Settings plugin 
I'm receiving this message when the triggers are hit for e-mail notification of certain syslog entries. The odd thing is I have 0.6 of the settings plugin installed, any ideas?
trungtano
Cacti User

Post by trungtano »

hi!
which plugin can I use for syslog-ng? Syslog plugin or CAMM?
Who have an experience about this field?

Thanks for your comment and suggestion!
cspenpen
Cacti User

Post by cspenpen »

zgamer wrote:

Code: Select all

11/16/2009 11:49:16 AM - camm: Poller[0] Error: Could not send alert, you are missing the Settings plugin 
I'm receiving this message when the triggers are hit for e-mail notification of certain syslog entries. The odd thing is I have 0.6 of the settings plugin installed, any ideas?

last words "you are missing the Settings plugin".
you need install settings plugin.
gthe
Cacti User

Re: Exporting to Excel

Post by gthe »

Sorry for this late response - my daughter was born and I was a little busy with my family.
pthaynes wrote: ......
Then I clicked on the export to Excel button. After a long wait (maybe 5 minutes or so) my Internet Explorer started to respond again, but I did not get any Excel file. At the bottom left of the IE window I got the little page with an exclaimation mark. Double clicking on it showed the details in the attached picture.
Thanks,

Peter
First - do not use IE.
Second - do not use IE.
IE 6 does not support data url. IE 7 supports data url. IE 8 supports data url but only for css and image. So export should work only in FF and Opera and IE7
What does "camm cant identify"? No shows in the menu? Is there a device in cacti with this IP? Perhaps the device is in the end camm menu - where the device without type?
zgamer wrote:Great plug-in!!!

Noticed a bug with it under Cacti 0.8.7e running CAMM 1.6.4b, even though you can change the database source and you can in the configuration change the table names only the database source actual is working.
Thank you for your message - always check up
My cacti plugin -[url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p=156769#156769]CaMM[/url]
[size=75]Sorry for my English. [/size]
smlick
Cacti User

Post by smlick »

Gthe I upgraded from 1.5.4 to 1.6.4b and works perfectly tnx.
I like to know if it's possible to add a new column near the percent column (that indicate the total percentage) with the day percentage so it's easy to find a device with some problem.

Regards
Alex
Cacti Version 0.8.8c production / 0.8.8c test W2008 -- Plugin:Weathermap - Monitor - CAMM 1.6.7 :) - Nectar - GPS Map
gthe
Cacti User

Post by gthe »

smlick - already implemented - but need set parameter [day/hour period] in [3. Camm period settings] and after that - use day stat:
Attachments
camm_menu.PNG
camm_menu.PNG (4.71 KiB) Viewed 5426 times
My cacti plugin -[url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p=156769#156769]CaMM[/url]
[size=75]Sorry for my English. [/size]
smlick
Cacti User

Post by smlick »

gthe wrote:smlick - already implemented - but need set parameter [day/hour period] in [3. Camm period settings] and after that - use day stat:
Excellent....thank you!!!

Regards
Alessio
Cacti Version 0.8.8c production / 0.8.8c test W2008 -- Plugin:Weathermap - Monitor - CAMM 1.6.7 :) - Nectar - GPS Map
pthaynes
Cacti User

Re: Exporting to Excel

Post by pthaynes »

Sorry for the late reply GTHE - I haven't been on the forum for a while.
pthaynes wrote: ......
Then I clicked on the export to Excel button. After a long wait (maybe 5 minutes or so) my Internet Explorer started to respond again, but I did not get any Excel file. At the bottom left of the IE window I got the little page with an exclaimation mark. Double clicking on it showed the details in the attached picture.
Thanks,

Peter
GTHE wrote:
First - do not use IE.
Second - do not use IE.
IE 6 does not support data url. IE 7 supports data url. IE 8 supports data url but only for css and image. So export should work only in FF and Opera and IE7
I am using CAMM version 1.6.4b on IE 7 when I get the issue. You are correct - Firefox does work. Don't lose any sleep over the IE 7 issue - I'll just use firefox if I need to export in the future.

Thanks,

Peter