template for Juniper J router

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Era_Russland

template for Juniper J router

Post by Era_Russland »

Dear Cacti community,

could you please suggest me template for my j2350 router, I need cpu,memory,la and network statistics.

I found several temlates for other juniper routers, are the useful for j series?

Regards,
Alexey
itn-schalk

Juniper on CACTI

Post by itn-schalk »

Hi,

We've been using the Standard Cisco Template, which accordingly to Juniper should work fine. Apparently Juniper Routers uses the exact same SNMP criteria / format than any Cisco.

I've been graphing Junipers (various J-Series) with the "Cisco Router" template, but are problematic at times. You also have to rebuild the Poller Cache from time to time.

NOTE: I've not yet got the Standard CPU and Memory Graphs working on a J-Series.

Good Luck.

I just wish the Cacti Community will embrace Junipers with more enthusiasm. Some MIB's and Templates will be much appreciated.

Cheers
Schalk

A Juniper fan.

---- BSD RULE ----
gandalf
Developer

Re: Juniper on CACTI

Post by gandalf »

itn-schalk wrote:I just wish the Cacti Community will embrace Junipers with more enthusiasm. Some MIB's and Templates will be much appreciated.
So why don't you go for it. You obviously have access to such a device. And if you know the MIBs, it's a quite easy task (see 1st link of my sig)
R.
mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Re: Juniper on CACTI

Post by mcutting »

itn-schalk wrote:Hi,

We've been using the Standard Cisco Template, which accordingly to Juniper should work fine. Apparently Juniper Routers uses the exact same SNMP criteria / format than any Cisco.

I've been graphing Junipers (various J-Series) with the "Cisco Router" template, but are problematic at times. You also have to rebuild the Poller Cache from time to time.

NOTE: I've not yet got the Standard CPU and Memory Graphs working on a J-Series.

Good Luck.

I just wish the Cacti Community will embrace Junipers with more enthusiasm. Some MIB's and Templates will be much appreciated.

Cheers
Schalk

A Juniper fan.

---- BSD RULE ----
You can get the MIB files from www.juniper.net, as long as you have a login ID and password. You could also use a MIB browser to work out what OID's you want, and make templates from them.
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
RRDTool Version RRDTool 1.4.7
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
sloop

Post by sloop »

I just made some new templates for Juniper routers and its working for memory, CPU. you can find them in this thread

you can use the standard ucd/net templates that come with cacti for graphing interface traffic and PPS.
[url=http://www.tqhosting.com/]Tranquil Hosting[/url] - NC Managed Servers and Colocation
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

sloop wrote:I just made some new templates for Juniper routers and its working for memory, CPU. you can find them in this thread

you can use the standard ucd/net templates that come with cacti for graphing interface traffic and PPS.
WOuld you please consider posting them to the 4th link of my sig which points to the Cacti Repository?
R.