Where cacti sends host down mails at?????

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

emrebilmuh

Where cacti sends host down mails at?????

Post by emrebilmuh »

Hello friends,

I want cacti to send host down mails per tree hosts. For that reason, i need the file which houses the send_mail code but not the function.

I need to know, where cacti sends mail when a host become down.

I am near to come crazy! Please someone help me...
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

I've come not to long be crazy. You need the settings plugin and you should look at thold's mailing functions. Thold already sends host down notifications.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
emrebilmuh

Post by emrebilmuh »

TheWitness wrote:Thold already sends host down notifications.
TheWitness
I already have the settings plugin and know thold sends these notifications. But we have totally 342 hosts+devices. I don't want to add them one by one... I want Cacti to send host down notifications by graph tree hosts and just need the code where Cacti sends mail when a host come down...

Thanks
mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

emrebilmuh wrote:
TheWitness
I already have the settings plugin and know thold sends these notifications. But we have totally 342 hosts+devices. I don't want to add them one by one... I want Cacti to send host down notifications by graph tree hosts and just need the code where Cacti sends mail when a host come down...

Thanks
Use a THOLD template for this. If you want alerts on say, processor usage, or bandwidth over a certain limit, then you can define a template for global usage. Inside the template, select from the drop down list for who you want the alerts sent to. Once done, you can apply this template to all the routers at once.
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
RRDTool Version RRDTool 1.4.7
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
emrebilmuh

Post by emrebilmuh »

mcutting wrote:
emrebilmuh wrote:
TheWitness

Thanks
Use a THOLD template for this. If you want alerts on say, processor usage, or bandwidth over a certain limit, then you can define a template for global usage. Inside the template, select from the drop down list for who you want the alerts sent to. Once done, you can apply this template to all the routers at once.

My friends...

Thank you for your replies BUT, why don't you exactly answer my question? I wanna learn "where is the script that cacti send e-mail when a host come down?"

My pain is not to send thold mails, host down mails... We have 4 groups here which are security, unix, microsoft and unix(my group). I seperated hosts and devices in trees(such as microsoft machines, unix machines, SAN devices...). I want to assign mail addresses to trees(in this case tree will act as an individual host or device), whenever a host come down in a tree, Cacti will send mail to which tree this down host belongs to.

Please answer my question Gurus, and we talk the way i will do it.

Regards...
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

There is a function in thold_functions.php that performs the mailing. That function leverages an API call in the settings plugin. It's strait forward.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?