Data Query does not show available graphs

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

rdelfos

Data Query does not show available graphs

Post by rdelfos »

I have upgraded my Cacti from 0.8.7d to 0.8.7e. Everything went fine with the upgrade except for when I now want to create more graphs.

Creating graphs under Graph Templates work fine, however the options to create graphs under Graph Query have gone!
It just states "This data query returned 0 rows, perhaps there was a problem executing this data query."

I run the debug mode on the data query and it returns with no errors. Also when you are in the Edit Host page, under Associated Data Queries the status for all my queries are "Success". Even when I re-query (using the green circle) it still comes up with "Success" and with xxx Item and xx Rows (Success [147 Items, 18 Rows]).

I have searched high and low but I cannot find anyone else with the same problem.

Any possible solution??
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

I'm not sure to understand.
But usually, Data Query graphs are created from the device using "Create Graphs for this Host". This makes sure, that indexes and stuff are filled in correctly.
R.
rdelfos

Post by rdelfos »

True. Under "Create Graphs for this Host" it is not showing any data query graphs.

As you can see with my attached pictures. I cannot see any reason for this problem.

Im sorta thinking that the Cacti install is corrupt and as such information is getting lost.
Attachments
snmp_data_query.jpg
snmp_data_query.jpg (87.15 KiB) Viewed 1906 times
no_data_query_graphs.jpg
no_data_query_graphs.jpg (58.93 KiB) Viewed 1906 times
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Whoa, that's bad. Not a known bug and difficult to debug. Without access to your system I can't help
R.
rdelfos

Post by rdelfos »

Thanks for replying. I think it might be time for a re-install. There are a few other things that I could not do (like import other templates as they refused to work).

So a fresh install is definately the way to go.

Thanks
ragnard

Post by ragnard »

Did a reinstall fix this issue? I'm getting, just on one specific host so far. I tried deleting the device and re-creating it. I can add a few graphs, but then this exact error comes up. All verbose queries show fine. I've searched the forums, but no answers. I have MySQL version 5.0.90.
coolest

Post by coolest »

I upgraded my cacti as well from D to E... What I encountered unable to graph for a while... What I did is restart the mysql and its fine now... Its starting to graph my traffic again...
ragnard

Post by ragnard »

That's not what was happening here at all.

However, it turns out, at least for now, my issue was with a DB table: host_snmp_cache. MySQL had it marked as crashed. As soon as I ran a repair on it, my issues appears to have abated.