"http://localhost/cacti" ... doesn't show anythin

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

dalluc
Cacti User

"http://localhost/cacti" ... doesn't show anythin

Post by dalluc »

Hi people...
I am installing "Cacti 0.8.7e" on "Kubuntu 9.04".
I've followed all the steps that the manual suggests, but when, in the end, I try to load http://localhost/cacti from my web Browser, I can't see anything (anyway, on the bottom of my web browser I can read "page loaded")!!
Do you have any suggestions?
hayden

Post by hayden »

is it just completely white? no html loaded if you try and check html source? have you loaded the sql database and verified the username password and sql user is correct in the config.php?
dalluc
Cacti User

Post by dalluc »

Yes... when I load http://localhost/cacti the web server returns me a white page.
Yes, I have loaded the sql database and in config.php I made the following changes:

$database_type = "mysql";
$database_default = "cacti";
$database_hostname = "localhost";
$database_username = "root";
$database_password = " password that root@localhost uses for enter the mysql terminal";
$database_port = "3306";

NOTE: Apache runs a white page if I try to load http://localhost/cacti/index.php , but if I load http://localhost/cacti/poller.php it returns a page where in the top there is written "This script is only meant to run at the command line."!!
Why Apache does't show me the html code that is written in the index.php file?
Last edited by dalluc on Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
dalluc
Cacti User

Post by dalluc »

I have done another test...

I obtain a white page only if I am not already in localhost. For example, staying on www.google.com , if I load http://localhost/cacti/index.php I obtain a white page... but if I load the same index.php when I am on http://localost/something the page does't change at all, but howewer, on the bottom of the page I obtain "page loaded". :-?
dalluc
Cacti User

Post by dalluc »

Guys... I really cannot resolve this problem!! Does someone have any ideas?? :(
dalluc
Cacti User

Post by dalluc »

Guys... one question... is it normal that in the file index.php, in the folder cacti, there aren't html and body tags? Anyway.. if I add them in that file, it doesn't change anything...
dalluc
Cacti User

Post by dalluc »

Hi there...

Then:
- I have tried to remake all the installation procedure
- I have tried to extract the cacti-0.8.7e.tar.gz directly from the /var/www folder
- I have tried to add the html and body tags to the /var/www/index.php file
- I have followed all the instructions explained on the installation under unix guide of the cacti website

.... but I still have the same problem ...

I have done also another try: I made a test.php file and I located it in the var/www/cacti folder . The result is the same... and... if I make an "ls test.php" from var/www/cacti the system can found it... but if I make the same istruction from /var/www, the system does not see the file!!
So maybe there is a problem of permission?? Then... why I can load correctly http://localhost/cacti/poller.php ?
Does this fact make you thinking about a possible solution to my problem? :-?

The strange thing is that... if I make "locate poller.php" the system locate it in "/var/www/cacti/poller.php" correctly... but if I make "locate "test.php" which is in the same cacti directory... then, the system cannot locate the file... no answer!!

Mainly... if I make a "locate index.php" I obtain in the result list also the "/var/www/cacti/index.php" file ... but if I make a "locate test.php" I do not obtain in the result list the test.php I made in the cacti folder...
hayden

Post by hayden »

Sorry Ive been busy and hadn't had a check to see on this

on the config.php file

you have installed cacti in the root user correct?

have you verified your sql database is loaded and users are able to access it?

try a #mysql -u root -p
(itll prompt for your sql password)

do a mysql>show databases;

itll show you if your cacti database is installed correctly

and now the next command is drawing a blank but you may want to verify your user root has access to the cacti database.

Another thing I am not sure where you installed cacti itself (mines at /var/www/cacti) but make sure your httpd.conf file has the location set up properly to. That being said I guess if your drawing a blank thats fine also.
WLM

Post by WLM »

did you add the cacti folder on php.ini? check the apache and php error logs
dalluc
Cacti User

Post by dalluc »

Then:
FOR Hayden
I have done all those steps you have written. I had already done them.

I was thinking about this:
when I installed cacti package on the root user, I had the following message:

" Libphp-adodb is no longer installed in /usr/share/adodb but in /usr/share/php/adodb . Update the php.ini file. Maybe you might also change your web server configuration. "

Now my question is: Which are the changes I should make?

And besides: I can locate some files named libphp-adodb with different extensionsin in the /var/lib/dpkg/info folder, and a folder named libphp-adodb in /usr/share/doc. What should I do ?

For WLM: I need more time. I'll let you know when I'll have checked!

Thanks!! :roll: :roll:
dalluc
Cacti User

Post by dalluc »

Then WLM...
viewing the apache2 error.log file I see that it search for dynamic libraries in /etc/php.d directory . This is reasonable, because I added in the php.ini file the following raw :
extension_dir = /etc/php.d because I was following an installation guide. But that folder, does not exist!! What should I do??

But this is strange because, howewer, I can read other php files...

Besides I can read that apache2 cannot reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain namem using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName.
hayden

Post by hayden »

Wat linux/version are you using? I think with most updated versions you can do an apt-get or whatever your syntax is for most of all your installation files.

make sure your repo links are up to date to. Look around for a quick guide on installing them. When you use the most recent it should almost automatically update all your config files for apache, php, mysql that they should be communicating with each other.
dalluc
Cacti User

Post by dalluc »

I am using Kubuntu 9.04.
I have done apt-get update before to install cacti.
What about the problem related to the php.d folder that I spoke about in my previos post?
hayden

Post by hayden »

When I did the installation I never needed to adjust the files in there.. It should be I believe just the file associations that php is going to use I think the only thing you wanted to make sure is that Apache was using the php location... and even that I think I never even had to adjust it. Infact I didnt when i did the yum install php it installed the apache file/changed the file.

can you copy some of the output data from your apache log?
dalluc
Cacti User

Post by dalluc »

I post it... now I am seeing new things in this file!! Let's check it better.

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/etc/php.d/msql.so' - /etc/php.d/msql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/etc/php.d/snmp.so' - /etc/php.d/snmp.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/etc/php.d/adodb.so' - /etc/php.d/adodb.so: cannot open shared object file: No suchfile or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/etc/php.d/gd.so' - /etc/php.d/gd.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/etc/php.d/mysql.so' - /etc/php.d/mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No suchfile or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/etc/php.d/mysqli.so' - /etc/php.d/mysqli.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/etc/php.d/pdo.so' - /etc/php.d/pdo.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/etc/php.d/pdo_mysql.so' - /etc/php.d/pdo_mysql.so: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/etc/php.d/snmp.so' - /etc/php.d/snmp.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[Mon Oct 19 09:40:05 2009] [notice] Apache/2.2.11 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.6-3ubuntu4.2 with Suhosin-Patch configured -- resuming normal operations
[Mon Oct 19 16:05:33 2009] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] script '/usr/share/cacti/site/indx.php' not found or unable to stat
[Mon Oct 19 16:11:05 2009] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /usr/share/cacti
[Mon Oct 19 16:11:25 2009] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /usr/share/cacti
[Mon Oct 19 16:14:23 2009] [notice] Graceful restart requested, doing restart
[Mon Oct 19 16:14:24 2009] [warn] module php5_module is already loaded, skipping
[Mon Oct 19 16:14:24 2009] [warn] The Alias directive in /etc/apache2/conf.d/cacti.conf at line 1 will probably never match because it overlaps an earlier Alias.
[Mon Oct 19 16:14:24 2009] [warn] The Alias directive in /etc/apache2/conf.d/cacti.conf at line 1 will probably never match because it overlaps an earlier Alias.
apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName