interface graphs broken whilst trying to get 64bit to work.

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Chrysalis
Cacti User

interface graphs broken whilst trying to get 64bit to work.

Post by Chrysalis »

In my effort to try and get my gigabit interfaces graphing correctly (all capped to 100mbit on graph) I have somehow managed to completely break my bytes total bandwidth graphs (empty image box) and all my bits 95th percentile graphs for every host show the same data for in and out, importing old templates does not even fix the problem.

I would like help in diagnosing and fixing this as well as getting 64bit gigabit graphs working.

some info

snmpd is v2 with 64bit support.
I had previously one interface graphing in 64bit on 95th percentile. Setting other graphs to same graph template never worked tho.
cacti is 0.8.7e
I want basically working bits/sec 95th percentile 64bit counters and bytes/sec total bandwidth 64bit counters. All graphs able to graph up to dual gigabit speeds or more.

some more info.

if I go to graph management, the bytes/sec graphs (completely broken) have nothing set as inbound and outbound data source, I can select the appropriate interface but I can only choose traffic_out and traffic_out is there twice. errors_in errors_out etc. are all there just traffic is out only duplicated. Same problem on the bits graphs except out is already selected for both options.

update.

if I go to edit data source the traffic_in box is missing, if I delete and make a new graph then the box is recovered but then I lose all historical data. I am guessing this isnt an easy fix as all graphs for all hosts are affected so I am willing to pay someone to help me resolve this if it is required for their time since I dont want to lose graph historical data.

further update.

seems I found a way which I thought would preserve history of graph, I add new graph (without deleting old one), it restores the inbound as a data source to which I can add to existing graphs, this brings the live readings back and I thought job done. But it loses the inbound historical data but I am guessing I have lost that regardless and I am lucky to just keep outbound data.

so i guess if I understand this right, if for whatever reason a data source is lost, then entire historical data is lost with it? on monthly and annual graphs etc.
Chrysalis
Cacti User

Post by Chrysalis »

cacti is causing me lots of head scratching.

I have graphs for my bond0 interface showing gigabit traffic.

I have graphs for eth1 and eth2 interfaces using all the same templates and setting and out of 4 graphs 3 of them are capped to 100mbit.

No idea why, all graphs are 64bit and counter limits set to same values.
kenny29

Post by kenny29 »

Hi people,

I try to graph my Power Channel Interface (2 Gbits) using the Graph Template: Interface - Traffic (bits/sec, 95th Percentile) but the graph does not appear, I have just the title.

On the other hand if I use the Graph Template: Interface - Traffic (bits/sec) there is no problem and the graph is displayed with inbound an outbound traffic.

I don't know very well why there is this problem.

If somebody have an idea ?

Thx.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Please post a screenshot
R.