Report plugin ''ReportIt" - v0.7.5a (released 23/12/11)

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

cabana281

Post by cabana281 »

Hi browniebraun,

I went through the whole thread trying to find answers to my questions and it seems like this one wasn't asked. sorry if it was !

So I tried to create a report based on a data template that includes many different data source items. What I would like to do is be able to

generate a report with different measurands for each data source items. I already know how to create the measurands for the data I need.

ex.: Let's say min/max/95th percentile for the trafic usage data source, and last for the "amount of modems", frequency and modulation data source.

so it would look something like the attachment file (Sorry it's in french)

Thanks !
Attachments
report.JPG
report.JPG (22.52 KiB) Viewed 5674 times
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Hi Cabana!

Per default a measurand will always be calculated for all data items being available. The current design does allow to suppress the overhead during the calculation, but it allows to hide a measurand and to use its interim results in another one.

For example if we only want to show the max. inbound traffic, then you can define a hidden measurand "MAX" and refer the interim results of "MAX" to a separate(!) measurand with a formula like this one: MAX:traffic_in.

Best regards
-Andreas-
Hat das Blümchen einen Knick, war der Schmetterling zu dick! ;)
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
cabana281

Post by cabana281 »

But then wouldn't it calculate MAX:traffic_in for all the data sources ?

The problem that occur is that if I have a measurands that uses bits or bytes as a unit, and then I use a calculation formula like f_max*8 to get the correct traffic for the docsis/internet traffic, the modulation/modems/frequency data sources will show up on the report using that formula too and since they are mostly fixed static values the report will show weird results

Correct me if I am wrong

Here's a SS (DUT is the docsis upstream traffic data calculation formula btw)
Attachments
traff.JPG
traff.JPG (18.81 KiB) Viewed 5630 times
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

No, it will only return the maximum calculated for traffic_in.

I would advise following steps:
Create a kind of basic measurands. For example: BMAX, BMIN, BLST, BAVG and remove the tick at "visible" to define them all as invisible.

After that you will get a bunch of interim results we can use for these values you are interested in.
E.g. "Max" returns the maximum for all data items. That means we will have an interim result for the maximum modulation, maximum inbound traffic, maximum outboud traffic and so on.

Now we can create all of these measurands we are interested in:
e.g. A measurand for the max. inbound traffic in Bits. Create a new measurand, set description, abbreviation and unit, tick "separate" and use as caluclation formula: "MAX:traffic_in*8".
This measurand will now only return one value at all: The result of max. inbound traffic in Bits/s. Do the same for the rest.
As I said before, it's a high overhead but the only solution I've in mind at the moment.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
Bonten

Post by Bonten »

Hi everyone,

First of all i want to say thanks for that wonderful plugin.

I have to generate 48 reports of 121 mesurands, of course i can't do it manually.

So i wanna do it by a script which create template and mesurands directly in the MySQL database, is it possible ? if yes, if someone already do it.

Thanks you.

PS : sorry for my bad english, i'm french :s
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

No, there isn't a script available to create a template with 121 measurands and I do not really see an advantage in creating a script, because this will take the same time. But maybe I misunderstood your question.
Do you mean 121 measurands at all or 121 measurands in one single report template ( :( ) or 121 data source items per report config???

Please give us more information about your requirements.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Bonten

Post by Bonten »

Actually I have to do 8 reports templates with each one 7 mesurands and 121 variables

now i am sure of that

But to do that manually it will take too much time, so i thought i can do it with a script which write directly in the DB to configure that.

but i don't know if it's possible.

thank you again.
ebini

Post by ebini »

Hi browniebraun,

i have the same issue like "Sanraal"
Sanraal wrote: I'm having an issue running a report with version 0.7.0 or 0.7.1. The reports gives the following errors when running manually:

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /appdata/cacti/plugins/reportit/runtime.php on line 657
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /appdata/cacti/plugins/reportit/runtime.php on line 710
you wrote:
browniebraun wrote: Thank you for sending me the debug file. I can reconstruct that issue and I will try to analyse and fix that bug asap.
Is there a bugfix or workaraound yet?

Thank you

ebini
P.S: Great Plugin
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

ebini wrote:Hi browniebraun,

i have the same issue like "Sanraal"
Sanraal wrote: I'm having an issue running a report with version 0.7.0 or 0.7.1. The reports gives the following errors when running manually:

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /appdata/cacti/plugins/reportit/runtime.php on line 657
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /appdata/cacti/plugins/reportit/runtime.php on line 710
you wrote:
browniebraun wrote: Thank you for sending me the debug file. I can reconstruct that issue and I will try to analyse and fix that bug asap.
Is there a bugfix or workaraound yet?

Thank you

ebini
P.S: Great Plugin

Hi Ebini!
Download the tarball from svn or replace the two files by the pre-patched ones contained in the archive attached to this message.

Best regards
-Andreas-
Attachments
reportit_071_prepatched.zip
(12.49 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
ebini

Post by ebini »

browniebraun wrote: Download the tarball from svn or replace the two files by the pre-patched ones contained in the archive attached to this message.
Thank You! Problem solved :D

/Ebini
Bonten

Post by Bonten »

hi,

excuse me to bother you again, but i've somme difficulties to understand the database, do you have a descreption of it (of options available on cacti) please.

thx in advance.

Bonten.
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Bonten wrote:hi,

excuse me to bother you again, but i've somme difficulties to understand the database, do you have a descreption of it (of options available on cacti) please.

thx in advance.

Bonten.
You do not bother me. ;-)
I advise you to download and read the introduction manual. It was written for 0.6.1, but the method of creating templates and report configs is always the same. There's also a database scheme available for 0.7.1.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Bonten

Post by Bonten »

Thanks you for your help.
i think i'll complete the script for my project in 5 or 6 weeks, i'll share it here :)

thanks again.
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Bonten wrote:Thanks you for your help.
i think i'll complete the script for my project in 5 or 6 weeks, i'll share it here :)

thanks again.
Cool. Sounds good. :-)
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
forlinux-support

Post by forlinux-support »

Hi,

I'm attempting to create a total of all traffic pushed on each interface inside the report period - so far I haven't managed to get anything that seems to resemble what Cacti graphs report the interfaces are doing; could anyone tell me how I would go about this?

Cheers,