1 device always shows unknown

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

willdej

1 device always shows unknown

Post by willdej »

I have 1 device that always shows as unknown
I 6x Checked that the snmp settings were correct. I can manually poll it when i am selecting graphs and it shows 100 % availability but status current and average are all at 0 and it shows as unknown and 0ms ping in Monitor.
I am able to ping the host from the box that I have cacti installed on and have tried removing and adding the device again. The box is a win2003 machine
I have cacti running on SLES 10.2 Cacti 0.8.7d
I have also tried to change the ping type
The windows box has no firewall enabled
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Have you told cacti to poll anything from that device? If not, then it's up/down status won't be determined.
willdej

Post by willdej »

Yes I have it polling. The polling works and when I select something to add it also shows that it pings successfully as well but still showing up as unknown
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

go to the poller cache, and filter based upon that device. What is listed in there for cacti to poll?

change the cacti logging level to debug and wait for a polling cycle to pass. what happened with the problem device?
willdej

Devive always shows as Unknown

Post by willdej »

Have not had a chance to look into this for awhile.
When I look at the poller cache it shows no data.
If I switch from poller.php to spine.php the devices that show as unknown will show up. After 5-10 min I get a bunch of devices that show down. If I switch back to poller.php all devices show as working correct.