WinXP-Win8, Win2000-Server 2012 x32/x64 Templates

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

kartook

Post by kartook »

Thanks for new updated version :)
cskp12

Post by cskp12 »

please talk me
this version for windows 2008 sp2 ?
thx replay :-?
G0dSmack
Cacti User

Post by G0dSmack »

I have not tested with Windows 2008 SP2 yet. But I will be shortly and will hopefully get somewhere.
G0dSmack
Cacti User

Post by G0dSmack »

These templates work with Windows 2008 R2 x64 as well. I still have not tested with Windows 2008 SP2.
Gremlin

Post by Gremlin »

G0dSmack wrote:Anyone else having issues monitoring NICS? I have come across one particular NIC I cannot get information from and it is an HP NC373i. All others seem to work fine.
Yes, INTEL PRO 100's work fine, but none of my Broadcom NetXtreme NIC's ever seem to produce results, I've checked with an SNMPWALKER and the OID's etc all seem ok and are producing resutls. The only difference I can really see is the length of the OID string for my NetXtreme NIC's is about twice as long as the OID for the INTEL PRO's .. so i'm wondering if something in the way Cacti processes SNMP Requests is truncating the OID being requested resulting in crook data coming back becuase the result for these NIC's is always "WARNING: Result from SNMP not valid. Partial Result:"

Any ideas ?
G0dSmack
Cacti User

Post by G0dSmack »

Gremlin wrote:
G0dSmack wrote:Anyone else having issues monitoring NICS? I have come across one particular NIC I cannot get information from and it is an HP NC373i. All others seem to work fine.
Yes, INTEL PRO 100's work fine, but none of my Broadcom NetXtreme NIC's ever seem to produce results, I've checked with an SNMPWALKER and the OID's etc all seem ok and are producing resutls. The only difference I can really see is the length of the OID string for my NetXtreme NIC's is about twice as long as the OID for the INTEL PRO's .. so i'm wondering if something in the way Cacti processes SNMP Requests is truncating the OID being requested resulting in crook data coming back becuase the result for these NIC's is always "WARNING: Result from SNMP not valid. Partial Result:"

Any ideas ?
I too have seen this. Seems as if the OID is too long. Seen it on HP NC373i NICS to be exact. And not all of them which makes me wonder if it is a driver issue.
Gremlin

Post by Gremlin »

I'm going to try updating my drivers on these boxes to see if it makes any difference, the other thing I've just clicked too as well is the INTEL PRO's are 10/100 NICS, the Broadcom's are 10/100/1000 so I wonder if it's got something to do with that also.
G0dSmack
Cacti User

Post by G0dSmack »

I am using them to monitor other 1GB NICS without issues so not sure. Let me know what you find. I am using these to monitor HP DL360, DL380, DL580, BL460's all Generations and VMWare ESX 3.5-4 Guests. I will do some more looking as well.
DWAyotte

Post by DWAyotte »

I am also having issues with the NICs.
I have mostly Intels and none of my VMWare ESXi hosts report any data either.

Most of the SNMP DQ options failed for me as well saying "No more variables left in this MIB View" - When I go to create grpahs.

I am sure I am doing something wrong as I am a noob to cacti. Been using it just a few days now, but I would love to monitor all the things that are in this template.

My graphs also don't look very similar to what I saw at the beginning of this post.

Any help would be appreciated :) I am really dumb when it comes to cacti so you might need to spell things out a little more for me. Thanks.
Attachments
Example of my graphs
Example of my graphs
Capture.JPG (200.4 KiB) Viewed 27983 times
jay
Cacti User

Post by jay »

Hi

It looks like you are using the standard memory, cpu templates that came with Cacti and not the templates from this post.

I haven't used godsmack templates but have a look under host templates and see if there is a template with his templates in it. If so then go to devices and use the drop down to select his template and then click add to add a new device. This will then create the device using his templates. If he hasn't created a host template then you might want to create your own and the templates that he has created.

Godsmack, nice looking templates. Will def have a play with these when I get time.

Cheers

Jay
Cacti Version 0.8.7e, Spine 0.8.7e, Apache 2.2.15, Mysql 5.0.88, PHP 5.2.13, RRDTool 1.2.30, NET-SNMP 5.5
Quad Core AMD Opteron Processor 2384, 2.70Ghz, 2GB RAM , 1 CPU used
Windows Server 2003 (X64), VMWARE ESX
Plugins: Aggregate 0.75

SYSTEM STATS: Time:12.5140 Method:spine Processes:2 Threads:15 Hosts:400 HostsPerProcess:200 DataSources:2909 RRDsProcessed:1384
DWAyotte

Post by DWAyotte »

jay wrote:Hi

It looks like you are using the standard memory, cpu templates that came with Cacti and not the templates from this post.

I haven't used godsmack templates but have a look under host templates and see if there is a template with his templates in it. If so then go to devices and use the drop down to select his template and then click add to add a new device. This will then create the device using his templates. If he hasn't created a host template then you might want to create your own and the templates that he has created.

Godsmack, nice looking templates. Will def have a play with these when I get time.

Cheers

Jay
My fault here. I was lazy and didn't read long enough to see that I had to install the informant agent on the boxes I wanted to monitor. I just got that working and I will see if my graphs all work now. Sorry about that :(

***EDIT***
EVERYTHING works perfectly now. This is an awesome template! Thanks a ton to Godsmack.
G0dSmack
Cacti User

Post by G0dSmack »

Glad everyone is enjoying these. Glad you got everything sorted out too.
bigturk

got it working but no Queue graph

Post by bigturk »

Thanks for the work, only one think. I dont have the disk queuing graph. any ideals, im sure its just me.
G0dSmack
Cacti User

Post by G0dSmack »

I have updated the networking template. You will only need to reimport the following file.
cacti_data_query_snmp_-_informant_network_statistics.xml

The network IO graph was showing as MB/s....the actual numbers were reported as Mb/s....so now it is correct as both report as MB/s...Enjoy!!!!

Version 9....

***EDIT****
Not sure what happened to the attachment...But I had attached it again.
Attachments
Cacti_SNMP_INFORMANT_STD_W32_Metrics_v9.zip
(38.66 KiB) Downloaded 6616 times
Last edited by G0dSmack on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
G0dSmack
Cacti User

Post by G0dSmack »

Here is an example of the network IO
Attachments
Network IO.png
Network IO.png (36.9 KiB) Viewed 26294 times