Cisco catOS host template

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

adesimone

Cisco catOS host template

Post by adesimone »

host template with -

- cpu
- memory
- backplane usage

- interface

This *only* works for catOS switches

Exported with cacti 8.5a / PHP 4.3.2 and cactihistoric
Attachments
cacti_host_template_cisco_catos_switch.xml
(133.53 KiB) Downloaded 8561 times
Alberto Rueda

Catalyst XML

Post by Alberto Rueda »

Ho do you install it ?? could you provide a step by step guide ??? I am kind of new with cacti.

Thanks,

Post by Guest »

Great job man! Everything works great!
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Does this support multiple supervisors? Does it support portname?

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Answered all my own questions. Note: Cisco Cactalyst switches with dual supervisors will not report interfaces properly using the standard Interface.xml file. I am looking at a custom Interface.xml file that will address not only the problem with incorrect Indexes, but will also provide PortName's.

Sorry for the bad news. Otherwise, great job!!!

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
Xanathar

Post by Xanathar »

Was an updated template that worked with dual supervisors ever posted somewhere?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

It works with dual supervisors. My bad. However, when I attempted to integrate "PortNames" into the template, it did not work. Therefore, all is Ok for now. Portnames to come.

TheWitness

Basilio Cat

Post by Basilio Cat »

I've found that CatOS doesn't use ifIndex for getting port names, you need port number instead =(

http://cvs.netmrg.net/index.cgi/src/map ... pp?rev=1.7
See code near "// use CatOS port name in place of ifAlias"
luckyeraser

Post by luckyeraser »

News regarding Portnames on CatOS ?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

There was a new feature released in 0.8.6c that will allow the creation of the PortName and Catalyst template. I just don't have time to write it.

Sorry,

TheWitness

cgoodness

New to this forum...

Post by cgoodness »

I'll have to apogize in advance, i'm new to cacti and to this forum, but am very interested in getting this XML import to work. Could someone briefly detail just how to import this XML and what to do after it's imported? Sorry if this is a review.

C.
ssams
Cacti User

Post by ssams »

has anyone gotten this going? i made a copy of my interfaces.xml and modified the ifindex to portname and changed the oid. when i use this and do a verbose query i see the the info correct. when i add the devices i get the interfaces and see the portnames however they don't match the actual port that they belong to. is there a fix for this?

thanks
dgamble
Cacti User

portName

Post by dgamble »

If someone could give me pointers on setting this up, I would gladly make a XML file/template that would do this and upload it.

I can see that the portNames are under .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.1.4.1.1.4, but they appear to be indexed differently, using their interface numbers instead. So if one could somehow get the interface name, sub the /'s out for a dots, and then add that onto this OID, that would give you the portName. Not sure how/if this could be done, or if there is another way to do it.
dgamble
Cacti User

Can't make a template...

Post by dgamble »

Well, after poring over the documentation for a bit, I just don't see how it's possible to integrate this into a query that can get the traffic goodies out of the IF-MIB table. The indexes are different than the IF-MIC indexes, unfortunately, and aren't stored in the OID or anything.

Perhaps someone can think of something I'm missing!
rwintle

CatOS MIB info

Post by rwintle »

When you walk .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.1.4.1.1.4 the switch returns the names for each port. The reason the indexs do not match up is that the switch uses slot and port for the index in .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.1.4.1.1.4.

Example:

.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.1.4.1.1.4.3.39 is the portname for slot 3 port 39.

Does this help? I hope someone can help create a template now so we can get these descriptions working!

Thanks,

--Rod