No data from data query after update on Debian

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

spm

No data from data query after update on Debian

Post by spm »

Hi,
I have on debian lenny installed Cacti 0.8.7b and everything works. I've upgraded from testing to 0.8.7d and now data queries doesn't work. In settings data query return 0 rows, graphs are blank and they have current value 0. I try to install new Cacti 0.8.7d on different machine with Debian and there is no problem - on the same hosts graphing works. I try to downgrade php5-commons and php5-snmp to version 5.2.6 (lenny) but no result... Any idea? Thanks...
khufure
Cacti User

Re: No data from data query after update on Debian

Post by khufure »

spm wrote:Hi,
I have on debian lenny installed Cacti 0.8.7b and everything works. I've upgraded from testing to 0.8.7d and now data queries doesn't work. In settings data query return 0 rows, graphs are blank and they have current value 0. I try to install new Cacti 0.8.7d on different machine with Debian and there is no problem - on the same hosts graphing works. I try to downgrade php5-commons and php5-snmp to version 5.2.6 (lenny) but no result... Any idea? Thanks...
Try debugging..

http://docs.cacti.net/manual:087:4_help ... #debugging

Maybe try running the poller by hand...e.g.
spine -R -V 5 -C $CONF_FILE
spm

Post by spm »

So, I try to enable debug log level on poller, but in log is only information about run /usr/share/cacti/site/scripts/ss_host_disk.php with function ss_host_disk and then that this function returned 0. I've tried write small php script, which call this function and I run this from console, but the script returned no output. No error, no result from function. My colleague try to dump traffic on the hosts and it looks like that snmp get doesn't send a community (the second new cacti, which works, send community OK).
khufure
Cacti User

Post by khufure »

spm wrote:So, I try to enable debug log level on poller, but in log is only information about run /usr/share/cacti/site/scripts/ss_host_disk.php with function ss_host_disk and then that this function returned 0. I've tried write small php script, which call this function and I run this from console, but the script returned no output. No error, no result from function. My colleague try to dump traffic on the hosts and it looks like that snmp get doesn't send a community (the second new cacti, which works, send community OK).
That's odd. Are you sure php has enough ram and is reasonably up to date?

Personally I've found debugging per-host:

Code: Select all

/path/to/spine -C /path/to/spine.conf -V 5 -R $DEVICE $SAMEDEVICEAGAIN
Is the best debugging. It shows exactly what is happening.
spm

Post by spm »

Finally, the problem was with upgrade. After update the xml files for data queries stayed unchanged. After replace with new version data queries starts work. Thanks for the answers.