unable to use cacti with snmptools

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

eichi

unable to use cacti with snmptools

Post by eichi »

Hi there,

i'm sorry for this thread, but i need your help. In fact of Cacti and snmptools i'm a really noob.
But now i should use these tools and i read the most threads and documents, but i'm not able to get this tools work.

Maybe someone here, which can explain me how to configure the "Data Source" and the "New Graph" in cacti to get the informations from the snmptools.

I attached the counters.ini (renamed as counters.txt), maybe i understand somethink wrong and my counters.ini is incorrect. But with the command snmpwalk -v 1 -c public {IP} {OID} i get some informations. But after 5 or 6 lines (my second Problem) i get an timeout.

I have about 100 servers and about 30 objects, which i should display in cacti. Must i create for every server and every object a data source in cacti?

Thanks a lot for your help. I know, i shouldn't ask in this forum, i should take a workshop or some books about this material. But still i hope that someone can help me. And excuse my for my english. :oops:

Kind regards
Sven
Attachments
counters.txt
my countery.ini
(2.39 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Well since this question is regarding snmptools, you should post in that thread for instructions.

Read in the documentation site how cacti works.