Question about links

Support questions about the Network Weather Map plugin

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Stunty

Question about links

Post by Stunty »

I do not undestand how the value on the link are created. My graphs are correct but when I look to my links it seems like I get value only from the input.
Should i have to values entry for my link or create to links to have the value in output and in input for my node?
Beside of that, another question from a dummy but, I have 1Gbit NIC in my map which unit scale should I use? BANDWITDH 100 or 1000M ?
Attachments
weathermap.txt
(3.38 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
cacti.JPG
cacti.JPG (87.66 KiB) Viewed 1277 times
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Re: Question about links

Post by Howie »

Stunty wrote:I do not undestand how the value on the link are created. My graphs are correct but when I look to my links it seems like I get value only from the input.
Should i have to values entry for my link or create to links to have the value in output and in input for my node?
Many of your TARGETs have no filename, only a directory. Those will fail.

For standard Cacti 'Interface Traffic' graphs, you just need to give the filename, and Weathermap will extract the in and out values.

If it isn't, enable DEBUG logging for one cycle, and look in the logs. There will be information about what data rrdtool is passing back to Weathermap.
Beside of that, another question from a dummy but, I have 1Gbit NIC in my map which unit scale should I use? BANDWITDH 100 or 1000M ?
BANDWIDTH 1G
or BANDWIDTH 1000M
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)